Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corbee

Chesterfield

Took a trip up to the game last night. Taking my 2 Lads.  Finished work at 4 and jumped straight in car. From just south of Market Harborough took almost 2hours. Parked up and thought it would be ok to go straight to ground and get some food. 

Long queue to get in and in the end they opened a gate and just ripped corner off paper tickets. 

Joined queue for a bite to eat and drink. 

No Food available 

Half time got a coffee - No milk available 

Obviously weren't expecting a crowd 😂 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corbee said:

Took a trip up to the game last night. Taking my 2 Lads.  Finished work at 4 and jumped straight in car. From just south of Market Harborough took almost 2hours. Parked up and thought it would be ok to go straight to ground and get some food. 

Long queue to get in and in the end they opened a gate and just ripped corner off paper tickets. 

Joined queue for a bite to eat and drink. 

No Food available 

Half time got a coffee - No milk available 

Obviously weren't expecting a crowd 😂 

It was a less than half full stadium, you aren’t going to be getting the same sort of service. There was a KFC, Costa and a Tesco within spitting distance, and the staff at the gates were letting us take stuff in with us including bottles of drink. As the lady said to us “we’re a small town football club, don’t worry about that. We’re not like Leicester”.

Though a shit ground, the venue wasn’t the problem last night.

21 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It was a less than half full stadium, you aren’t going to be getting the same sort of service. There was a KFC, Costa and a Tesco within spitting distance, and the staff at the gates were letting us take stuff in with us including bottles of drink. As the lady said to us “we’re a small town football club, don’t worry about that. We’re not like Leicester”.

Though a shit ground, the venue wasn’t the problem last night.

Appreciate it was a small club however I literally finished work and left straight away took longer to arrive than anticipated. Therefore time limited. Yes poor planning maybe on my part but a few pies or hotdogs and some milk 😂 would have been good and surely make profit for the smaller club. 

Surely whole idea of hosting bigger clubs is to make a few quid? 

At end of match the compare guy said hope you all visit again soon. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Corbee said:

Appreciate it was a small club however I literally finished work and left straight away took longer to arrive than anticipated. Therefore time limited. Yes poor planning maybe on my part but a few pies or hotdogs and some milk 😂 would have been good and surely make profit for the smaller club. 

Trains weren’t much better. Delayed by 20 minutes and then no seats. 30 min walk to the ground along a weird shady one mile long alley way 😂

I didn’t expect much to be honest, but wasn’t going to waste £10-15 on stadium food for me and the lad. Usually shite.

Got there at 6. No queue, straight to the food bar, excellent steak and ale pie (£7 for the pie and a tea). Good view of the game, quick exit and quickly out of the parking. 

Edited by LaCiudad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corbee said:

was an absolute joke. anyone trying to defend that shit is deluded. Shrewsbury was fine the other night. I went down with about 20 minutes gone to find no food, asked the stewards if i could go elsewhere to be told there was no food in the entire ground, so natural thing let me out. then the 3 hitler stewards decided that if i left before half time when people could go for a fag i wasn't allowed back in, but if i left at half time i wouldn't have been back in time and couldn't get back in anyway. ended up having to go and get the old bill to let me out, and i kid you not, they had to discreetly ask the safety officer if they could slip me out a side gate. funny thing was when i got outside one of the hitlers were outside and started gobbing off that i wouldn't be allowed back in even after i said the old bill had let me. needless to say i got myself back in at half time easily enough and enjoyed the rest of the match watching in the comfy padded seats. thought that dickhead was going to cry when he saw me again. all this when we were doing them a favour by playing there as they're in the shit

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

was an absolute joke. anyone trying to defend that shit is deluded. Shrewsbury was fine the other night. I went down with about 20 minutes gone to find no food, asked the stewards if i could go elsewhere to be told there was no food in the entire ground, so natural thing let me out. then the 3 hitler stewards decided that if i left before half time when people could go for a fag i wasn't allowed back in, but if i left at half time i wouldn't have been back in time and couldn't get back in anyway. ended up having to go and get the old bill to let me out, and i kid you not, they had to discreetly ask the safety officer if they could slip me out a side gate. funny thing was when i got outside one of the hitlers were outside and started gobbing off that i wouldn't be allowed back in even after i said the old bill had let me. needless to say i got myself back in at half time easily enough and enjoyed the rest of the match watching in the comfy padded seats. thought that dickhead was going to cry when he saw me again. all this when we were doing them a favour by playing there as they're in the shit

Were we actually doing them a favour? Doesn’t seem like the KPFC thing to do. More than likely our pitch isn’t ready yet.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Were we actually doing them a favour? Doesn’t seem like the KPFC thing to do. More than likely our pitch isn’t ready yet.

we picked them because they're in the shit, we could have played anywhere, especially closer. spoke to a few of their lads before and they were very appreciative we were making them a few quid

Just now, guest123 said:

we picked them because they're in the shit, we could have played anywhere, especially closer. spoke to a few of their lads before and they were very appreciative we were making them a few quid

I had 6 or 7 locals behind me. Absolute bell ends they were.

Moaning that the team were shit and how their usual match days are better 😂 Who’s idea was it to pay £10 to watch this shit? 

One of the lads behind asked them who they supported and the reply was “I’ll support anyone, I just love football” Then proceeded to talk shite for 30 minutes before going to the pub. Bell ends.

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I had 6 or 7 locals behind me. Absolute bell ends they were.

Moaning that the team were shit and how their usual match days are better 😂 Who’s idea was it to pay £10 to watch this shit? 

One of the lads behind asked them who they supported and the reply was “I’ll support anyone, I just love football” Then proceeded to talk shite for 30 minutes before going to the pub. Bell ends.

did they have some birds with them? if so i saw them leave and they made me laugh. side note, town was a right eye opener when we got back at 11pm, do young people exist anymore? 

Just now, guest123 said:

did they have some birds with them? if so i saw them leave and they made me laugh. side note, town was a right eye opener when we got back at 11pm, do young people exist anymore? 

I don’t think they did. W7 row I they were sat.

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Went early with the boy to get a few pics or autographs, walked straight past the 20 odd fans that waited to meat them, didnt even wave. Piss poor from the players i thought 

that is crap

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Went early with the boy to get a few pics or autographs, walked straight past the 20 odd fans that waited to meat them, didnt even wave. Piss poor from the players i thought 

Just to explain my thoughts, you’re hanging around BEFORE the game. They have somewhere to be.

However I saw Vesty, Hamza, Winks and a couple others talking to young children throughout the match. They have no obligation to do this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Noticed this in various clips, really poor form. 

25 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Sounds like you didn't plan your time very well and then expected them to break regulations to fit in with you. Sounds like you're crying about it and very entitled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Just to explain my thoughts, you’re hanging around BEFORE the game. They have somewhere to be.

However I saw Vesty, Hamza, Winks and a couple others talking to young children throughout the match. They have no obligation to do this.

Good to hear.

11 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Sounds like you didn't plan your time very well and then expected them to break regulations to fit in with you. Sounds like you're crying about it and very entitled.

yeah because going football is a military operation ya giant melt lol "plan your time" i'm actually laughing my head off at this lol

also regulations lol the old bill agreed with me and the safety officer did, hence I was allowed out.but it's soooooooooooo entitled to want to be able to eat 

3 minutes ago, guest123 said:

yeah because going football is a military operation ya giant melt lol "plan your time" i'm actually laughing my head off at this lol

also regulations lol the old bill agreed with me and the safety officer did, hence I was allowed out.but it's soooooooooooo entitled to want to be able to eat 

He’s got a point mate. It’s your responsibility to eat.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

He’s got a point mate. It’s your responsibility to eat.

yes, and I went to buy food when I was hungry, and when the queues have died down, just like i normally do........

21 minutes ago, guest123 said:

😂

Edited by rugbyblue

2 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

In fairness to you there aren't any services that sell food on the M1 and trains never ever sell food and it's well known there are no food outlets in the entire town of chesterfield that are open pre match   Travelling all the way to chesterfield to see a game then leaving from 20 mins to half time seems perfectly good time management 😂

it might be a novel thing to do but i tend to do this crazy thing called eating when i get hungry. going down for 2 minutes to grab a burger or hotdog never usually causes any issues in my life. it certainly never usually has strangers on an internet forum getting upset because i didn't have a full itinerary planned with full on survival kit and bug out bag to counter any unforeseen events