Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corbee

Chesterfield

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

it might be a novel thing to do but i tend to do this crazy thing called eating when i get hungry. going down for 2 minutes to grab a burger or hotdog never usually causes any issues in my life. it certainly never usually has strangers on an internet forum getting upset because i didn't have a full itinerary planned with full on survival kit and bug out bag to counter any unforeseen events 

Calm down mate.  I was being daft.  Iv removed it anyway.  I should know better

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

it might be a novel thing to do but i tend to do this crazy thing called eating when i get hungry. going down for 2 minutes to grab a burger or hotdog never usually causes any issues in my life. it certainly never usually has strangers on an internet forum getting upset because i didn't have a full itinerary planned with full on survival kit and bug out bag to counter any unforeseen events 

Guest123 - says it all really.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Calm down mate.  I was being daft.  Iv removed it anyway.  I should know better

sometimes it's a bit hard to read the intention of a post on here, especially with so many serious simon's on here like this poster above, no doubt one of the notorious honda jazz drivers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

This is exactly my point. Going to football there are certain things that you would normally expect to be able to do. But a drink, a burger, a pie, hot dog. All of which take very little effort for a club to cook/ prepare. While it's not healthy and I don't have regularly at home it's something particularly the kids like when attending football. 

Luckily they had eaten earlier in the day and waited until after match. I had planned my day. Took time off work to be able to get there for an early 7.00 kick off but given the unplanned nature of my job within Urgent healthcare, leaving on time or earlier as I had hoped isn't always possible. Still we made it in time for match. I thought it was a nice stadium, but poor planning on their behalf too not to think about catering appropriately and actually the football wasn't much better. Long season ahead. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Just to explain my thoughts, you’re hanging around BEFORE the game. They have somewhere to be.

However I saw Vesty, Hamza, Winks and a couple others talking to young children throughout the match. They have no obligation to do this.

Itd take a few minutes, it really isn't that much hassle mate

17 minutes ago, guest123 said:

What a jumped up post 😂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spire said:

Hey lads. Just popping in to clear a couple of things up.

We're not strapped for cash, owners with a couple of quid, so no charity case.

We get asked to do these kind of events because we do England U21/U17 games for FIFA. We did Marseille Vs Betis the other year.

Believe it or not, with 9/10k fans on a regular basis, a couple of thousand fans didn't shock us as a 'crowd'.

Far as ques, I saw a line of families turning up to the ground 5 minutes before, KFC in hand. Probably didn't help.

To anyone who wasn't down talking us, good luck with the upcoming season, the Leicester fans were nice who I spoke to

only going on what the chesterfield fans we were talking to by that indoor street food market re the financial situation :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Spire said:

We get asked to do these kind of events because we do England U21/U17 games for FIFA. We did Marseille Vs Betis the other year.

Believe it or not, with 9/10k fans on a regular basis, a couple of thousand fans didn't shock us as a 'crowd'.

Far as ques, I saw a line of families turning up to the ground 5 minutes before, KFC in hand. Probably didn't help.

To anyone who wasn't down talking us, good luck with the upcoming season, the Leicester fans were nice who I spoke to

Not down talking just pointing out lack of food and a little disappointed. 

Good luck to you guys back in football league. 

3 hours ago, Corbee said:

Appreciate it was a small club however I literally finished work and left straight away took longer to arrive than anticipated. Therefore time limited. Yes poor planning maybe on my part but a few pies or hotdogs and some milk 😂 would have been good and surely make profit for the smaller club. 

Surely whole idea of hosting bigger clubs is to make a few quid? 

At end of match the compare guy said hope you all visit again soon. 

We will in 2 or 3 seasons time 🤔

5 hours ago, guest123 said:

sometimes it's a bit hard to read the intention of a post on here, especially with so many serious simon's on here like this poster above, no doubt one of the notorious honda jazz drivers

My name is Simon and I have got a Honda Jazz 😬

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spire said:

I’m not sure who you’re trying to impress here 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

People talk about going to your local team, over money grabbing Premier League clubs, yet Chesterfield are now/currently my local team and I was astonished at some of the prices in the ground. Thankfully I didn’t eat in the ground, mind.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

People talk about going to your local team, over money grabbing Premier League clubs, yet Chesterfield are now/currently my local team and I was astonished at some of the prices in the ground. Thankfully I didn’t eat in the ground, mind.

The ‘talkers’ behind me were saying it’s about £25 per match too. Which is pretty much what I pay with a season ticket for City. That’s quite pricey considering they’ve just come up from the national league.

10 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

The ‘talkers’ behind me were saying it’s about £25 per match too. Which is pretty much what I pay with a season ticket for City. That’s quite pricey considering they’ve just come up from the national league.

Not what the website said for last season when they were getting 8-10k at home.£24 most expensive.

Matchday Ticket Prices 2023/24*

The Van Yard (West) Stand (Centre Block 2/3/4/5/6) – Adult: £24, Concession (65+): £20, Young Adult (17-21): £17, Juvenile: £9

The Van Yard (West) Stand (Wing Block 7) – Adult: £22, Concession (65+): £18, Young Adult (17-21): £16, Juvenile: £9

Karen Child Community (East) Stand (Centre Block 3/4/5) – Adult: £23, Concession (65+): £19, Young Adult (17-21): £17, Juvenile: £9

Motan Colortronic (South) Stand (All Blocks) – Adult: £20, Concession (65+): £16, Young Adult (17-21): £13, Juvenile: £9

Family Section:

The Van Yard (West) Stand (Block 1) & Karen Child Community (East) Stand (Block 6/7) – Adult: £20, Concession (65+): £18, Young Adult (17-21): £14 Juvenile: £8, Seven & Under: £7

Edited by LaCiudad

Just now, LaCiudad said:

Not what the website said for last season when they were getting 8-10k at home. 

Matchday Ticket Prices 2023/24*

The Van Yard (West) Stand (Centre Block 2/3/4/5/6) – Adult: £24, Concession (65+): £20, Young Adult (17-21): £17, Juvenile: £9

The Van Yard (West) Stand (Wing Block 7) – Adult: £22, Concession (65+): £18, Young Adult (17-21): £16, Juvenile: £9

Karen Child Community (East) Stand (Centre Block 3/4/5) – Adult: £23, Concession (65+): £19, Young Adult (17-21): £17, Juvenile: £9

Motan Colortronic (South) Stand (All Blocks) – Adult: £20, Concession (65+): £16, Young Adult (17-21): £13, Juvenile: £9

Family Section:

The Van Yard (West) Stand (Block 1) & Karen Child Community (East) Stand (Block 6/7) – Adult: £20, Concession (65+): £18, Young Adult (17-21): £14 Juvenile: £8, Seven & Under: £7

I’ve highlighted the relevant bit for you bud. Remember, we were in the West stand.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I’ve highlighted the relevant bit for you bud. Remember, we were in the West stand.

Mate, not what you said though was it!

We were offered a good venue with a great pitch to play a training game in and, to be honest, I thought the food was much better than at the KP and a bit cheaper. It wasn't a regular fixture for Chesterfield, so the levels of entitlement from 'big team' fans in here comes across very poorly. 

Same queuing issues with late arrivals we get at the KP for cup games which suggests there's an issue there that isn't Chesterfield's.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

We were offered a good venue with a great pitch to play a training game in and, to be honest, I thought the food was much better than at the KP and a bit cheaper. It wasn't a regular fixture for Chesterfield, so the levels of entitlement from 'big team' fans in here comes across very poorly. 

Same queuing issues with late arrivals we get at the KP for cup games which suggests there's an issue there that isn't Chesterfield's.

11 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Urm… I said the above. Whats your problem? 😂😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Since they put security on the gates I have to queue every match, cup games are much worse.