Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Ben Doak - loaned to Boro

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Because he'll still learn more being a bit part player for us in the PL than a spare part for them and arguably more than being a main part for a championship team. 

Would have thought he’d learn more playing 40+ games for a top 6 Championship club, then he might be ready for the PL the season after. 

The amount of right wingers we have seen linked is quite odd. I'm more than happy to have another winger at the club, but surely with Fatawu and Alves there we have cover?

Does this mean one will be playing centrally in Cooper's eventual plan? Alves off out on loan?

Surely McAteer is off out on loan/permanent?

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would have thought he’d learn more playing 40+ games for a top 6 Championship club, then he might be ready for the PL the season after. 

You're assuming a top 6 championship club want him. For all we know, Liverpool's options are us or Plymouth...That's if there is even anything in this. 

50 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He would. Every successful academy player weve brought through in recent years has been out on loan first. Massive step up from academy football

Edited by South Shire Fox

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You're assuming a top 6 championship club want him. For all we know, Liverpool's options are us or Plymouth...That's if there is even anything in this. 

I'm sure he would have more options than us and Plymouth if indeed they are prepared to let him go out. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

So they nick our best academy prospect and then expect a club like ours to develop their academy prospects.

I'm a strong believer in banning PL to PL loans it just encourages the sick 6 to stockpile players. It should be used to help lower league clubs to develop their best prospects so they can best use them or sell them for a bigger fee.

In general I agree with you. But this season we have the PSR penalty dangling over us, which makes it likely we get relegated again. In such a situation, loaning players for this season is way less risky than considerable outlays. Ben Doak is a pretty decent player and would be a useful squad addition for the upcoming season.

This season is all about survival if we can do it. We establish ourselves again next season if we are still here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Ah, so you just want Fatawu to play every single minute of football next season? 

Like you said, we just spent £14m on a player who will likely get the Lions share of minutes in that position. Convincing a young up and coming loan player is to play second fiddle to that player is easier than convincing one of these permanent, committed players to do it. 

If getting a young player on loan to sit on the bench means we can spend more on improving the starting 11 permanently somewhere else on the pitch then we should be going for it. 

Totally agree.

Also, wasn’t Fatawu a loaner that fell in love with the club after playing a blinder? 

48 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In general I agree with you. But this season we have the PSR penalty dangling over us, which makes it likely we get relegated again. In such a situation, loaning players for this season is way less risky than considerable outlays. Ben Doak is a pretty decent player and would be a useful squad addition for the upcoming season.

This season is all about survival if we can do it. We establish ourselves again next season if we are still here.

They'll always be reasons to loan but if it's a belief you can't just turn that off just to suit a particular situation.

I just think it's fundamentally wrong not just the developing of competitors players but using them in games in the same competition you're both in.

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Also, wasn’t Fatawu a loaner that fell in love with the club after playing a blinder? 

But not from the same league and a direct competitor.

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d rather give our own academy players the opportunity to play in the Premier League, rather than improving Liverpool’s for them to benefit in the long run. We either buy him outright or he can go elsewhere and they can be Liverpool’s development team. 

We need to do whatever we can to stay up this season. If he's better than our own academy players, then I'd rather have him than not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s another right winger

We seem amazingly focused on that right winger 🤷🏻‍♂️

We need 10 RW'ers and a Danny Ward on the pitch to play

• Haha 1

Assuming our first choice front 3 is Fats, Vardy and Mav. Then if we got this lad in for cover for Abdul and we have Reid as cover for Stephy then our second choice frontline would be :

Doak - Daka - Deco

I mean it's got to be done hasn't it?

It definitely does you dickhead.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Isn’t this the little shit who ran around like lcfc had murdered his parents during the cup game last year?

Yep, I thought at the time he was horrible, little tw@t. Miserable scottish fecker

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Totally agree.

Yes, but with an obligation to buy so we knew he was staying here if we got promoted.

7 hours ago, davieG said:

But not from the same league and a direct competitor.

Not sure LFC are a direct competitor right now! 

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

Yes, but with an obligation to buy so we knew he was staying here if we got promoted.

Could happen with Doak but I’m mainly wanting to just stay up at any cost right now and start some sort of rebuild. Beg, borrow or… no, just those two… to avoid relegation! 

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Agreed. Aren't we still waiting on compo for Trey Nyoni?

And Ward??

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Not sure LFC are a direct competitor right now! 

Every game and result has a direct or indirect impact on where teams finish in the league.

I’m putting it out there now. This wee shit is the real deal. You can tell by looking at him. He’s a right little nobber and looks like he’d have bullied me at school. Destined for the top. Would take. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Every game and result has a direct or indirect impact on where teams finish in the league.

If it’s a loan, there will likely be a clause stipulating he can’t play against Liverpool.. so if anything it’d be beneficial to both as it would strengthen us against Liverpool’s opposition (if he’s actually any good that is)

Edited by Muzzy_Izzn’t
typo

41 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

If it’s a loan, there will likely be a clause stipulating he can’t play against Liverpool.. so if anything it’d be beneficial to both as it would strengthen us against Liverpool’s opposition (if he’s actually any good that is)

But if he scored a winner against Arsenal for example then that artificially helps Liverpool even though he's not in their team, this I think is wrong.