Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Ben Doak - loaned to Boro

On 27/07/2024 at 19:16, GingerrrFox said:

I’d rather give our own academy players the opportunity to play in the Premier League, rather than improving Liverpool’s for them to benefit in the long run. We either buy him outright or he can go elsewhere and they can be Liverpool’s development team. 

I know - I thought we were Chelsea's development team :P /s

56 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’d be wary of buying any of Liverpool’s unwanted players 

they always turn out to be overpriced.

Maybe they'll give us a discount, seeing as they rightly stiched us up with Ward

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BayAreaFoxes said:

So we sign Golding , relegate ricky to RB, we have Will Alves at home then now we're gonna sign Doak??? Does this make any sense?

Bit like Notts Forest, quantity not quality

On 27/07/2024 at 19:46, GingerrrFox said:

We’re Leicester ****ing City, we’ve won more trophies in the past 10 years than the likes of Tottenham. This club is big time, we’re the football equivalent of the pretty girl who’s been convinced she’s ugly by her abusive ex boyfriend at this point 

Quite right. Our fall has been about our club's poor decisions and management.  We should still be able to stand tall and fight back without being patronised.

12 hours ago, BayAreaFoxes said:

So we sign Golding , relegate ricky to RB, we have Will Alves at home then now we're gonna sign Doak??? Does this make any sense?

Doak is a Winger, So he won't be competing for the Midfield positions. I believe he can play on both Wings so I'd say it's to provide competition for Fats and Mav on the wings.

Or maybe Cooper is going to move one of them inside to play as an 8 or 10. As he's been experimenting with them the few friendlies so far. 

13 hours ago, BayAreaFoxes said:

So you're pissed about signing a #8 and a winger because we have a #10 and a RB? 

• Haha 4

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1932224/Liverpool-transfer-news-Ben-Doak-Brentford?utm_source=app

Liverpool have decided to let Ben Doak leave on loan this summer after assessing his performances in pre-season.

Leicester City and Southampton have been joined by Brentford in pursuit of the 18-year-old, who is viewed as one of the brightest talents to through Liverpool’s youth ranks in recent years.

A straight loan deal is the most likely solution for Doak, but Express Sport understands that the Reds intend to take all options into consideration, including those which involve permanent buy options.

Doak - a direct winger who rose through the system at Celtic before joining Liverpool in 2022 for £600,000 - was restricted to five senior appearances in all competitions last campaign due to injuries.

Pre-season has been a valuable opportunity for the teenage starlet to leave an impression on new manager Arne Slot, and he played for 25 minutes of Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Manchester United on Saturday evening, which concluded their tour of the USA.

The Reds subsequently committed to letting Doak pursue regular game time elsewhere in 2024/25, with Brentford, Southampton and Leicester all offering Premier League football.

On last season’s injury woes, the wide-man said: "Who knows if I would have played? Obviously in my mind I’d like to think that I would have.

"But I can’t look back at last season because it’s last season, I need to look at this season and just try to get as many appearances on the board as possible."

Slot’s predecessor Jurgen Klopp was a big fan of Doak, who was unfortunately ruled out of Scotland’s Euro 2024 squad due to injury.

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If we end up with:

Doak and Fofana (loan)

Asprilla

Striker (Adebayo)

Centre mid (Rios)

I would be content with that and I’d back Cooper to make it work 

Do we need two strikers? I think another body in midfield is of greater urgency, so would replace Fofana with Nanasi.

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If we end up with:

Doak and Fofana (loan)

Asprilla

Striker (Adebayo)

Centre mid (Rios)

I would be content with that and I’d back Cooper to make it work 

Doak would be a huge risk and quite likely isn't ready and Fofana isn't good enough at all. Neither should be starting over what we have. 

• Like 3

Tanner confirms he’s a target in the Athletic: 

They have been linked with Liverpool’s Fabio Carvalho at Liverpool…while his team-mate and 18-year-old forward Ben Doak remains a target.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5683611/2024/08/07/leicester-premier-league-transfer-window/?source=ukdailyemail&campaign=711528&userId=5501264

Edited by lcfc_forever

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

They have been linked with Liverpool’s Fabio Carvalho at Liverpool…while his team-mate and 18-year-old forward Ben Doak remains a target.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5683611/2024/08/07/leicester-premier-league-transfer-window/?source=ukdailyemail&campaign=711528&userId=5501264

He also suggests that we may not go for Carvalho for the same reason we didn’t persist with Nelson, money/ wages. 

Imagine he’s on less so that doesn’t add up or we’re now reverted to the bargain basement in the area that is the most important and also the most expensive to recruit well in. 

26 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner is so bad hahaha, he really knows nothing. I think I know more than him and he’s supposed to be our clubs main reporterlol

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 18:43, Finnegan said:

Doak would be a huge risk and quite likely isn't ready and Fofana isn't good enough at all. Neither should be starting over what we have. 

Personally, I'm starting to think that the price of Asprilla is starting to get to the level where we are thinking that we can get Doak and Carvalho instead. I think I'd probably prefer this. 

Yes Asprilla would be preferable to Doak at RW but Carvalho would be preferable to Asprilla as a 10 and we have Fatawu on the right anyway so Doak would be back up and he looks more than capable for that.