Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Reo Hatate

4 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

This thread – a pointless debate on player height, interspersed with failed attempts to upload some pictures of oompa loompas – is a perfect microcosm of Transfer Talk. 

8 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

This thread – a pointless debate on player height, interspersed with failed attempts to upload some pictures of oompa loompas – is a perfect microcosm of our transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think Mark will celebrate by having a few pints of something when the window closes..

20 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

This thread – a pointless debate on player height, interspersed with failed attempts to upload some pictures of oompa loompas – is a perfect microcosm of our transfer window. 

How tall are you ? Feels like a short person comment. 

Im 6 foot 9 btw. Stacked too. Massive

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

This is what the latest post On Talk Celtic said after watching  the Leicester game

'Don’t think hatate is fit enough for the premier league after watching that. Both midfields never stop running and pressing which hatate doesn’t necessarily do and usually after 60 mins seems to go a bit quiet in our games. Think he’ll flop when he goes down there eventually' 

7 hours ago, trooky said:

What does that have do do with Leicester, we don't have and will never have their calibre of player or play at the levels of 3 of the greatest club sides ever.

The commentators on MNF remarked on the height difference between Leicester and Spurs on corners and our lack of physicality and mismatches of our markers defending them.

Jesus this is getting out of hand haha. I’m not really fussed about height. I merely stated it’s not as important as people make out. Moreover, we faced a lot of corners but didn’t concede so we can’t be that terrible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hatate to us

Kyogo to Man City

& O'Riley to Brighton 

No chance. Won't all happen, close thread

Rodgers to AFC Soar Juniors?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, trooky said:

What does that have do do with Leicester, we don't have and will never have their calibre of player or play at the levels of 3 of the greatest club sides ever.

The commentators on MNF remarked on the height difference between Leicester and Spurs on corners and our lack of physicality and mismatches of our markers defending them.

Christ I can’t believe I’m doing this 😂 I need to get a life. I knew I was sad but even for me this is low. I actually looked up the stats. Kill me. 

Spurs shaded the aerial duels won by 53% to 47% so it doesn’t feel like a “mismatch” but a fairly even competition. Also, in terms defensive corners we actually won more headers than we lost. The best header of the ball on the field was Romero who won an impressive 3. He’s under 6’1” and smaller than Udogie and Van Der Ven. Van Der Ven won one defensive header all game and Udogie won zero. You know who won the second most aerial duels all night? The towering, gigantic, behemoth that is 5’10” Jamie Vardy.

Height is not as important as many people make out. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Christ I can’t believe I’m doing this 😂 I need to get a life. I knew I was sad but even for me this is low. I actually looked up the stats. Kill me. 

Spurs shaded the aerial duels won by 53% to 47% so it doesn’t feel like a “mismatch” but a fairly even competition. Also, in terms defensive corners we actually won more headers than we lost. The best header of the ball on the field was Romero who won an impressive 3. He’s under 6’1” and smaller than Udogie and Van Der Ven. Van Der Ven won one defensive header all game and Udogie won zero. You know who won the second most aerial duels all night? The towering, gigantic, behemoth that is 5’10” Jamie Vardy.

Height is not as important as many people make out. 

That's ignoring the 3 big chances missed from their corners, Bentancur cleared of line, Solanke missed a sitter and Richarlison missed a sitter at the death. We were lucky to escape with a point.

Set pieces have been our Achilles heal for the past 5 seasons. 

During all of that time, excluding the goalkeeper we generally only have 3 players 6ft or more on the pitch, I think this is a massive reason why we've been so shit at them, but hey what do I know.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, trooky said:

That's ignoring the 3 big chances misses from their corners, Bentancur cleared of line, Solanke missed a sitter and Richarlison missed a sitter at the death. We were lucky to escape with a point.

During all of that time, excluding the goalkeeper we generally only have 3 players 6ft or more on the pitch, I think this is a massive reason why we've been so shit at them, but hey what do I know.

But the stats say different. But that’s fine. Football is about different viewpoints. I’ve given up on life.   

1 hour ago, trooky said:

That's ignoring the 3 big chances missed from their corners, Bentancur cleared of line, Solanke missed a sitter and Richarlison missed a sitter at the death. We were lucky to escape with a point.

The whole of the back 4 were  6ft+ against Spurs. 

• Haha 1