Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Reo Hatate

3 hours ago, trooky said:

That's ignoring the 3 big chances missed from their corners, Bentancur cleared of line, Solanke missed a sitter and Richarlison missed a sitter at the death. We were lucky to escape with a point.

Set pieces have been our Achilles heal for the past 5 seasons. 

During all of that time, excluding the goalkeeper we generally only have 3 players 6ft or more on the pitch, I think this is a massive reason why we've been so shit at them, but hey what do I know.

The stats don't really back that up Spurs xG was 1.18 and ours was 1.05.

With 2 big chances missed by each side.  

The fact that Spurs only achieved an xG of 1.18 from 15 shot, show they actually didn't create many clear cut chances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

The fact that Spurs only achieved an xG of 1.18 from 15 shot, show they actually didn't create many clear cut chances. 

You don’t get any xG from someone clearing off the line before you can nod it in.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Kristiansen is 5'11 and Justin is 5'10?

Justin is bang on 6ft according to most sites. Height is one of those weird things that is hard to get the right answer on even though the players have medicals etc. I remember Harvey Barnes was listed as 5'8 in most places until he was about 24 lol

29 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Justin is bang on 6ft according to most sites. Height is one of those weird things that is hard to get the right answer on even though the players have medicals etc. I remember Harvey Barnes was listed as 5'8 in most places until he was about 24 lol

Yeah they are weirdly inconsistent, Iheanacho was listed as 6'1 for quite some time too when he's not that tall. but Justin looks like he's more 5'10 - 5'11 to me. 

(Hard to find a good photo where everybody is standing up straight)

ujEHshb98nbii5g43bgZch-1200-80.thumb.jpg.50715119cb41c6c29905163ceb4499d0.jpg

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yeah they are weirdly inconsistent, Iheanacho was listed as 6'1 for quite some time too when he's not that tall. but Justin looks like he's more 5'10 - 5'11 to me. 

(Hard to find a good photo where everybody is standing up straight)

ujEHshb98nbii5g43bgZch-1200-80.thumb.jpg.50715119cb41c6c29905163ceb4499d0.jpg

I'd agree with you on height for JJ but he's got a good leap on him so maybe that makes him seem taller.

Yeah, that Iheanacho one is a nonsense. I know he hunched over a bit but no way he's 6'1

4 hours ago, trooky said:

That's ignoring the 3 big chances missed from their corners, Bentancur cleared of line, Solanke missed a sitter and Richarlison missed a sitter at the death. We were lucky to escape with a point.

Set pieces have been our Achilles heal for the past 5 seasons. 

During all of that time, excluding the goalkeeper we generally only have 3 players 6ft or more on the pitch, I think this is a massive reason why we've been so shit at them, but hey what do I know.

I'm sorry, but Richarlisons chance at the end wasn't exactly a sitter.

Putting that result down as luck really takes away from how hard the team grafted to get that point.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Watch the highlights, Bentancur had a header cleared of the line from Ndidi, Solanke missed a diving header totally unmarked and Richarlison had a clear chance at the death to win when he missed the target.

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm sorry, but Richarlisons chance at the end wasn't exactly a sitter.

Putting that result down as luck really takes away from how hard the team grafted to get that point.

Come off it we were abysmal first half and lucking to still be in the game, 2nd half we were much improved and deserved a point but the game should have been over by then.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, trooky said:

Come off it we were abysmal first half and lucking to still be in the game, 2nd half we were much improved and deserved a point but the game should have been over by then.

Abysmal? lol

Edited by adejo92

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

Did you watch the game? Genuine question.

Abysmal is a more than fair assessment of our first half performance. That's not being overly critical/negative either.

Yup, was there thanks.

I guess it's dependent on peoples interpretation of abysmal. 

I'm critical but wouldn't describe it as abysmal personally. 

Each to their own, just keep on top of your blood pressure meds for the remainder of the season. :)

Edited by adejo92