Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

He's a steady player who knows what it takes to survive in the premier league and is a consistent maybe 6/10 player. 

While I doubt the link is serious it's not that crazy, we're short on numbers right now and would he be worse use to us then say Dennis Praet, Nacho or Soumare has been recently? 

This is going to be a tough season and we need players with the right mentality and experience, hopefully we supplement that with a bit of skill and creativity too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's a steady player who knows what it takes to survive in the premier league and is a consistent maybe 6/10 player. 

While I doubt the link is serious it's not that crazy, we're short on numbers right now and would he be worse use to us then say Dennis Praet, Nacho or Soumare has been recently? 

This is going to be a tough season and we need players with the right mentality and experience, hopefully we supplement that with a bit of skill and creativity too. 

He's on big money from what I can glean and we already have a decent amount of experience in the squad.

If we need to pick up a few fillers then get players on loan and not saddle ourselves like we probably have once again with Vestergaard et all.

So the sun has school kids working for it in the summer holidays.

It seems we signed Cannon 12 months ago from preston.

The dumb fvcks are nearly as bad as those at the mockery ffs.

We are sort of becoming a club like Palace, whereby we sign random people and will float around 17th - 8th in the Premier League. 

Ayew is a steady player, however he isn’t going to pull up any trees. 

We are clearly looking for forward options to cover across all three roles. It’s like the Reid signing, it’s not earth shattering but steady 6/10 players will do enough to grind out results and get us mid table stability. 

This tells me that the club 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I'd rather be shot out of a cannon then us sign this guy.

I rather just flog Cannon, Daka and not sign Ayew to be honest lol

Unfortunately, we are padding the squad out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not even in my top 3 Jordans

1. Michael Jordan

2. Jordan the country

3. Ex lad's mags favourite Jordan (repackaged from 2004 onwards as Katie Price)

Jordans Country Crisp is the worst breakfast cereal on the market. It's like eating sawdust. 

It's still a better Jordan than Jordan Ayew. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sly said:

I rather just flog Cannon, Daka and not sign Ayew to be honest lol

Unfortunately, we are padding the squad out. 

I think that's exactly what we're doing. Padding out the squad with average players on big money. Definitely can't see any potential issues with that strategy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The odd thing about this link though is why do we need him when we’ve just signed Bobby Reid?

Similar age

Both predominantly right sided 

Reid scored six goals last season, Ayew four

Similar players when it comes to key passing

Similar players when it comes to defensive work

Only thing Ayew would give us is his ability to dribble more. 

He has a year left on his Palace deal? The thought of getting him in in depressing enough, but paying a fee for him, plus a salary bump is enough to tip me over the edge. Hopefully this is just his agent trying to get a contract extension or the like? 🤞