Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Nah. It's a very valid point @Jazzy_Jeff makes.

Unproven youngsters (or anyone unproven) is a massive risk for a club certain to be fighting relegation

yet some on here think Ipswich have had a great window.....

If Ayew goes anyway I think he'll go Saudi,

us paying what 2/3mil then hefty wages too for someone his age; nah

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Apropos of nothing, Kevin Phillips was 40 when he joined us 

Just sayin

Phillips also joined with a coaching role so the two scenarios are completely different. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Some thoughts from Palace fans on their forum

I like him and he's fun. Takes the ball to a group of opposing players and goes down, getting the foul and relieving any pressure. Also the occasional great goal.

V important squad player.

I don't want to lose him as I like his attitude and work ethic.

I love Jordan Ayew - one of my all time favourite palace players - untouchable in terms of commitment to the cause

He always works hard and I'd be happy to see him stick around

Ayew is still an important member of that squad. He is the perfect substitute when we are winning.

Jordan has rightfully earnt his place as Palace stalwart. He has tremendous energy, gets himself fouled at all the right times, appears to be indestructible and seems passionate,in his low key way, about playing for our club.

A little perspective always helps. On that basis he would be a hard worker a trait if we have any chance (I don’t think we do) of staying up we desperately need. 

But this would be a disaster if this was instead of more better signings expected to start. With a month left one would hope we’re getting our ducks in order and we pull of some encouraging creative options too. But that’s probably wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

I had never rated him previously but last season he seemed to do better, in terms of goals and assists.  We need to realise that money is tight (I suppose). He can´t possibly be worse than Daka.

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No objection to this if the fee is below £6m (considering his age) on a three year deal 

Some of the comments in this thread indicate that too many of us are still stuck in the past - we aren’t that club anymore 

any established PL player is not below our level 

6 mill 😂😂😂 I would be gutted if we spent anything near that. Am I missing something? 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Palace getting good young players in, shipping out the old shite 

And we are renown for shipping in old shite. May have legs after all?   

One goal in every 9 matches for Palace. 

One goal in every 3.7 matches for Ghana. 

Vardy's stats are 1 goal every 2.7 matches. 

Daka stats are 1 goal every 4.5 matches. 

So not really an upgrade or a prolific goal scorer. 

If he's not coming in to provide goals, who will be scoring. 

I’m not saying he’s a good signing, but the comparisons to Daka and Vardy quite aren’t right. He’s a different type of player, busy, works hard and creates space and chances for others. He’s actually alright, just his age that’s the issue for me. I’d we looked at other options for sure. 

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

any established PL player is not below our level 

We shouldn’t be targeting established PL players anyway, there is no value for money especially 32 year old wingers who have never been regular scorers, just workers. At best, one of them is ok if like Palace you have players like Eze and Olise making the difference but we’ve got no one doing that.

This change of transfer strategy can only have come from the manager as Percy mentioned. He’s done himself no favours here, I already can’t wait till he’s gone but how much damage will have been done? We as a club must have no backbone as Rodgers did the same with Congerton, the start of the whole downfall. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corbee said:

One goal in every 9 matches for Palace. 

One goal in every 3.7 matches for Ghana. 

Vardy's stats are 1 goal every 2.7 matches. 

Daka stats are 1 goal every 4.5 matches. 

So not really an upgrade or a prolific goal scorer. 

If he's not coming in to provide goals, who will be scoring. 

7 assists last season - for context Maddison only got 9 for spurs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

We shouldn’t be targeting established PL players anyway, there is no value for money especially 32 year old wingers who have never been regular scorers, just workers. At best, one of them is ok if like Palace you have players like Eze and Olise making the difference but we’ve got no one doing that.

This change of transfer strategy can only have come from the manager as Percy mentioned. He’s done himself no favours here, I already can’t wait till he’s gone but how much damage will have been done? We as a club must have no backbone as Rodgers did the same with Congerton, the start of the whole downfall. 

The irony is he's supposed to be an advocate of young players but scratch the surface and he really isn't. He just so happened to manage some academies and England youth teams. Since Swansea he's favoured experience except for the odd player.

Just now, Corbee said:

But who's gonna be on the end of the assists. Need goals if gonna have any hope of surviving. 

Just now, Corbee said:

But who's gonna be on the end of the assists. Need goals if gonna have any hope of surviving. 

Fair comment but that’s a different matter - Ayew has shown he can provide - that’s his job - he isn’t a striker - he is a wide man nowadys and does a very decent job at it - especially when you consider the state we are in - I agree about his age though - nominal fee and 2 years max - get it done 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

We shouldn’t be targeting established PL players anyway, there is no value for money especially 32 year old wingers,  both who we targeted have never been regular scorers, they’re just workers. At best, one of them is ok if like Palace you have players like Eze and Olise making the difference but we’ve got no one doing that.

Ayew is certainly older than any non defensive player I can recall buying for a number of years.   But we’re going to be in a scrap and we need players who’ve been through that.  BDCR is similar. 

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

Fair comment but that’s a different matter - Ayew has shown he can provide - that’s his job - he isn’t a striker - he is a wide man nowadys and does a very decent job at it - especially when you consider the state we are in - I agree about his age though - nominal fee and 2 years max - get it done 

It's appalling business if we go for it. We've signed Bobby Reid to do that. Less assists but more goals from the same position. Either way, if both are to make telling contributions then that's less game time for Mavididi and dare I say Fatawu which is just bizarre.

So a kid will be likely to help us stay up? Weird perspective. He would be better at that, but obviously another who disturbingly has no resale value.

All depends if we plan to try and stay up I imagine, or prepare to go down and then back up with a younger squad more prepared.
The current resale value question is answered by Abdul and Mads and probably one more with resale value to come in.

• Like 1