Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Can anyone enlighten me as to who we should be targeting instead?

Please remember that we are a newly promoted side on a verge of a points deduction and just lost our manager and player of the season. Not exactly selling ourselves are we 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Young players not players in their 30's with no resell value .. 

That's just plain dumb 

Maybe sign a player to do a job first? Rather than as an appreciating asset first? Trying not to be disheartened by these unsubstantiated rumours.  

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

My issue with this is that we would be 5 signings deep and our starting 11 would be no better than it was last season. You could probably argue that our starting 11 would be weaker than it was last season. 

Totally agree. Dead right.

Better players have left the club than have so far been recruited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Please remember that we are a newly promoted side on a verge of a points deduction and just lost our manager and player of the season. Not exactly selling ourselves are we 

Would like to have seen us go for Nanasi and Hamer. Richard Rios at €15m is also a better option. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scotch said:

My issue with this is that we would be 5 signings deep and our starting 11 would be no better than it was last season. You could probably argue that our starting 11 would be weaker than it was last season. 

Definitely weaker. Same team but without our best player. Comfortably weaker. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, em9999 said:

Young players not players in their 30's with no resell value .. 

That's just plain dumb 

Our squad overall is pretty young. 'Winger' wise Fatawu, Marcal, McAteer are 22 and under, Mavididi is 26. None of them really have prem experience. BDR is the only one who's experienced in the prem.

I understand why players with years of prem experience are being looked at, although I'm not wanting Ayew to join.

Probably hard to sell coming to here to the players we really want that are young or up and coming. First year back in the prem with a possible points deduction they are not going to want to put their career on the line by getting relegated in their first season in the prem . Ayew may not be the what we want but could make a difference and as underwhelming as it is we need to realise we are starting again and this season is about staying up any how we can 

Joking aside, he played 32 times last year for a palace team that finshed strongly. Shows where we really are when you consider why would he even want to come? To fight relegation with a points deduction. There are 2 reasons I can see:

1. Long contract ( 3 years) if he came we would definitely be giving him a 3 year contract, otherwise why would he bother?  
2. The same or more money. 

if this rumour is true, these 2 considerations are extremely worrying. 

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Joking aside, he played 32 times last year for a palace team that finshed strongly. Shows where we really are when you consider why would he even want to come? To fight relegation with a points deduction. There are 2 reasons I can see:

1. Long contract ( 3 years) if he came we would definitely be giving him a 3 year contract, otherwise why would he bother?  
2. The same or more money. 

if this rumour is true, these 2 considerations are extremely worrying. 

3. More game time would be a big one you would think?

Same for BDCR maybe? Not that I believe this (Yet)

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

3. More game time would be a big one you would think?

Same for BDCR maybe? Not that I believe this (Yet)

I thought that but I’m not sure he would get loads more would he? 

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Well we are crying out for at least one attack minded midfielder and any one of Sara, O’Riley or Hamer would be extremely keen to join I’m sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Id generally rather sign no one and go with what weve got then wasting money on a 32 year old who will be on £50k plus a week. Not a chance will this bum be the difference between relegation and survival. We’re suppose to be learning from our mistakes of giving players with no re sale values big contracts, not buying more to fck us over down the line. If Cooper wants to buy 30 year old over the hill Prem players then he can fck off now

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

Well we've lost double figures in goals and assists from midfield and not replaced him, which is a big hole. We need a striker and a KDH creative attacking MF at the very least. Still believe we will be too short on quality. Vestergaard, a nearly retired Vardy and such may be ok in the championship but this is such a step up and I don't think we are equipped with enough quality.

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Anyone really excited by this one and thinks it's a cracking bit of business...

No, me neither 

Ayew is one of those annoying players who doesn't seem to have a set position, like is he a winger, a striker? He has very little output and yet seems to get games in the premier league. A very uninspiring signing this would be.

2 hours ago, Salieri said:

Well we are crying out for at least one attack minded midfielder and any one of Sara, O’Riley or Hamer would be extremely keen to join I’m sure. 

I feel O'Riley will go to a much better team than us. Hamer was ok in a relegated side but nothing special and Sheffield utd will probably want to rip us off for him. Sara would be the best bet but can't see us being the only club in for him, and we will cost at least £20m. It's a difficult balancing act between going for the likes of Soule, Nelson, Sara who will cost 15-20m or more or players like Ayew who will be fairly cheap but have pren experience and might help us stay up in the short term. 

What worries me is at least under Enzo we had a clear identity. We play this way and he moulded players and bought players to suit that way of playing and would have continued that now this season. Instead we have a new manager and no clear way of how we will play what style what formation etc what transfer strategy.

• Like 1