Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We've been through this. Olise got 1 less than him in over 50% less games and scored 6 more goals than him as well. 

His assist record is a bit misleading. 7 assists granted but expected assists, a more accurate measure of quality (due to it being finisher dependant) he was lucky to get that many. Anomaly.

• Like 3

Something has crossed my mind on this transfer, I wonder if Vardy’s injury is medium to long term, the club has been pretty vague as to the nature of the injury and regards his return. Could Ayew be seen as relatively cheap option to cover his absence. Especially when you consider his pressing stats etc and the fact that Daka couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo and Cannon doesn’t seem to be impressing. 

I wouldn’t be at all shocked if we do sign him that it is then announced that Vards injury is more serious than first anticipated. I am getting peak Brendan vibes on this one and the club are keeping it under wraps until a replacement is signed. 

Christ-on-a-bike!!!  I've just flicked onto the Transfer section and can't believe that there is a whole thread (21 pages!!!) on Jordon Ayew!!  This HAS to be a wind-up? Surely? Please tell me it's a wind-up!

After Ayew, can the Recruitment Team concentrate on recruiting a new Recruitment Team as they have lost the plot if they work all year round and come up with Ayew as their best option. I could find someone better in the frigging Austrian Bundesliga!! 

Seriously the Club needs to take a massive laxative as a massive clear out is needed beyond the new coaching staff.  This thread is so Preki in believability.

• Like 2

Personally would take him and Schluppy into the squad we don’t have enough prem experience and both add value if we can get rid of some other players……….Schlupp is better than Thomas, Kristiansen, Soumare as options down the left and midfield and Ayew adds a threat !

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Vardy, Winks, Coady is a great Prem Experienced spine. Sprinkled with BDR, Yannik, Ricky, JJ, Hamza. Got more than enough experience. I'd actually like some quality please:thumbup:

I think your spot on but I sense the budget does not allow us to spend on the quality young talent we need so it maybe a case of having to utilise wages with minimal transfer fee! We will see but if we are only in the bargain basement my point is that both players have qualities if they are free or minimal transfer fees 

18 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Personally would take him and Schluppy into the squad we don’t have enough prem experience and both add value if we can get rid of some other players……….Schlupp is better than Thomas, Kristiansen, Soumare as options down the left and midfield and Ayew adds a threat !

There are more players IN our squad with PL experience than there are WITHOUT... PL experience isn't our issue, it's quality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This rumour started on Monday from a fairly flakey source. It would appear is hasn't gained either momentum (except here) or credibility since then. Nice to finally have a bit of sunshine though, eh?

31 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The need for Prem Experience™ is the biggest myth going. It's hardly like our sides in 14/15 and 15/16 were bursting at the seams with seasoned Premier League campaigners, in fact I'd argue we already have more experience in our ranks now than either of those squads.

We are desperate for genuine quality in more than a few areas, we don't need any one else in who's primary asset is "experience" or we'll end up like Mickey Adams lot in 03/04 with a side that can barely finish games.

I don't understand why people think we're becoming Dad's Army.

We've added plenty of youth to the squad - Fatawu (20), Okoli (22), Golding (18), Kristiansen (21). Linked with loads of other young players, and got rid of some older players too - Praet (30), Albrighton (34), Iheanacho (27). And the KDH sale has been balanced out by Soumare returning (both 25).

Spoke to a Palace supporting friend and he really rates Ayew. Fulham fans the same re DeCordova-Reed. I'd like to see Ayew join, and suspect most of our fans would be happy to have him after actually watching him play.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

9 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I don't understand why people think we're becoming Dad's Army.

We've added plenty of youth to the squad - Fatawu (20), Okoli (22), Golding (18), Kristiansen (21), Soumare (25). Linked with loads of other young players, and got rid of some older players too - Praet (30), Albrighton (34), Iheanacho (27).

Spoke to a Palace supporting friend and he really rates Ayew. Fulham fans the same re DeCordova-Reed. I'd like to see Ayew join, and suspect most of our fans would be happy to have him after actually watching him play.

It's less that I think we're becoming dad's army and more that I don't think we should be targeting any more players with no resale value, primarily on the basis of them being experienced campaigners (on the face of it) , when the squad is already loaded with enough of them.

I like the Decordova-Reid signing. This one doesn't seem necessary and I'd rather the money was spent elsewhere.

We've all seen Jordan Ayew play.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 2