Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

27 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It’s what I thought from the beginning Cooper is not an inspirational manager and his transfer policy to date is starting to show exactly that. 

Cooper has come in as more a head coach than a manager per say, hes not the one picking all the transfer targets, he might suggest some to the recruitment team which they might say yes or no too, 

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

According to Transfermarkt our squad's average age is 25.7. Ranked 7th in the league, and people are losing their minds about links to a 32 year old lol

Re-sale value sounds good on paper but hasn't played out much recently - Tielemans, Soyuncu, Iheanacho, Perez all left for free. And Daka, Soumare, Souttar, Ward, etc worth a lot less now than the prices we paid.

All the reports from people who watch Ayew week-in week-out are that he's a very useful grafter who is a dream for other forwards to play with, and can play in a number of positions. Also has an existing relationship with Fatawu.

As an Iheanacho replacement we could do a lot worse! 

In your initial post you said someone who was 25 was youthful while in the same breath describing a 27 year old as an "older player" so you'll forgive me for taking your opinions on this with a pinch of salt, cheers!

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Lacking in quality but I have missed a workhorse striker since shinji left. Can have his benefits this season. Wouldn’t have signed Bobby if we wanted him though as both can play similar roles. 

not a inspiring signing, but if he’s willing to graft like palace fans say he does then I’m for it as we need a lot of this to get us through the season! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

In your initial post you said someone who was 25 was youthful while in the same breath describing a 27 year old as an "older player" so you'll forgive me for taking your opinions on this with a pinch of salt, cheers!

I didn't say that, and while I can't understand the constant negativity these days I doubt we'd be arguing in real life.

The sun's out and we just got promoted as champions. Fatawu and Mavididi are going to electrify the Prem and we're lucky to support the most bonkers football team in the world.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I didn't say that, and while I can't understand the constant negativity these days I doubt we'd be arguing in real life.

The sun's out and we just got promoted as champions. Fatawu and Mavididi are going to electrify the Prem and we're lucky to support the most bonkers football team in the world.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :thumbup:

I mean, you did – but you too brother!

Hopefully Al Shish-Kebab of the Saudi league will come in for him.  This will be a terrible signing for us. Frightening that the Recruitment Team are potentially considering this.  They must use a very suspect dealer knocking out dodgy spliffs.

4 hours ago, Iran said:

Interesting strategy of helping other clubs get rid of dead wood like this . I would much rather have given Kevin a new contract and put the money saved on not signing Ayew towards a proper player 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

According to Transfermarkt our squad's average age is 25.7. Ranked 7th in the league, and people are losing their minds about links to a 32 year old lol

Re-sale value sounds good on paper but hasn't played out much recently - Tielemans, Soyuncu, Iheanacho, Perez all left for free. And Daka, Soumare, Souttar, Ward, etc worth a lot less now than the prices we paid.

All the reports from people who watch Ayew week-in week-out are that he's a very useful grafter who is a dream for other forwards to play with, and can play in a number of positions. Also has an existing relationship with Fatawu.

As an Iheanacho replacement we could do a lot worse! 

Maybe fan base needs a sense of perspective. Glory days are over and immediate future is survival.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

David Lowe, low?

I didn't think he was too bad, but I was pretty young when he was at Leicester! 

I say David Lowe is higher than Josh Low...but I'm not sure if he's taller or not lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Maybe fan base needs a sense of perspective. Glory days are over and immediate future is survival.

The perspective is that Jordan Ayew isn’t good enough. I’d rather us sign nobody or take a gamble on some youngster than sign somebody who has a proven track record of mediocrity. 

I’d have no more faith in Ayew helping us survive than I would Vardy, Daka and Cannon. It’s a waste of money! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Josh Low is the face of that terrible period we had in the early 00's for me, no idea why.

Awful player!

There was a few of them around that time, but he does stick in the memory doesn't he.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Josh Low is the face of that terrible period we had in the early 00's for me, no idea why.

Awful player!

I remember watching him play for Cheltenham against us when we won 4-0. He was outclassed that day by a stray plastic carrier bag blowing around the pitch. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I didn't think he was too bad, but I was pretty young when he was at Leicester! 

I say David Lowe is higher than Josh Low...but I'm not sure if he's taller or not lol

Great player. Will always be a legend for me for that goal against Spurs alone, when another legend, Jimmy Willis, had Klinsmann in his pocket all match. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It’s what I thought from the beginning Cooper is not an inspirational manager and his transfer policy to date is starting to show exactly that. 

The problem I have with all of our transfers is we really don't know who is calling the shots..I would be amazed if Cooper has told Rudkin that Ayew is the player that can help keep us up.

This club is so dysfunctional & makes such horrible decisions at times that I feel we should be drug testing our upper management. 

Buying 30+year old players is not the way to build a team. We will end up paying Ayew good money for the next 3 years to sit on the bench while our young players stagnate.

We need  a proper DOF & an actual plan to so we can progress as a club.