Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

If this is in addition to Zaha and Hozelock I think it could be a decent signing with his work rate and experience in the changing room. Someone to give 20 mins too as a sub. 

what exactly his ‘experience in the changing room”?

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf some of the signings do then some dont, 

just dont get why we'd spend £4/5mil on a 32/33yr old, if he was a free transfer then sure

boggles

I know you need both, I personally think we have plenty of experience already. We f this is true it really is concerning, but hey we knew this already. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Who next I wonder, maybe James Tomkins on a free transfer.

Leicester City Crystal Palace retirement home FC.

Brede Hangeland, James McCarthy and Julien Speroni next

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Looks like we are becoming the Stoke City of the 1970's (The older fans will remember them), sign any old git coming to the end of their careers.

The Best Exotic King Power Hotel!

22 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Reid - no one else wanted. Okoli - no one else wanted. Ayew - no one else wanted. Scraping the barrel fc

In parallel with selling our best player, we've not yet made 1 signing that will improve our Championship starting XI from last season, bearing in mind Fatawu was already here. How on earth can we hope for anything other than ritual humiliation on a weekly basis in the coming season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

well it is since we are up the duff PSR wise, spending £4mil on a pretty bang average 32yr old then his wages over 50k a week, a 2/3yr deal, and no resale value either

just screams moronic to me

like what are they playing it really, give Alves a go, McAteer 

I’m not saying I support this transfer, absolutely not as Ayew is bang average and I wouldn’t support it if he was 5 years younger.

My point was about tarring all 33 year old players. If there was someone who came in for £4mill on a 2 year deal say, that had the impact Cambiasso had at his age when we were promoted last time, I’d be quite ok with that.

Just now, DennisNedry said:

This would be an absolutely turgid signing.

Unfortunately Rudkin has form.  This is not outside the realms of his capabilities……

• Like 1

What an absolute load of ****ing shit! 

I can deal with helping Brighton out for a season… I can’t deal with taking Crystal Palace clear outs! Especially not when we could have had their manager during the period Brendan was destroying us. 

• Like 1

Cooper clearly doesn’t want Cannon anywhere near his team so if it’s a case of bringing Ayew in and Cannon out on loan then I could see a little bit of sense in this. BUT only alongside 3 or 4 other more dynamic, exciting additions to the squad. If this is a flagship signing yeh we might as well just chuck in the towel and play Amani Richards to give the lad some senior football. 

Trying to find a positive angle this but I can't. Best I can come up with is an experienced 3rd choice striker who can cover a few positions. But that would mean Vardy is out for a while.

Then we sign another striker from somewhere as first choice. 

Is Andros Townsend available? Can reunite the Roy Hodgson from Palace good times 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1