Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

What if we see Mavididi and Fawatu as our primary game changers on the wings… but feel we need backup / support in those areas of the pitch?

*Having these two in the squad also allow’s McAteer to go out on loan 

I don’t see either Mavididi or Fatawu quite at that level yet.

*Based on what I’ve seen of BDCR I’m not sure he’s much better than K-Mac! I always feel Kasey is a goal threat. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I don’t see either Mavididi or Fatawu quite at that level yet.

*Based on what I’ve seen of BDCR I’m not sure he’s much better than K-Mac! I always feel Kasey is a goal threat. 

Even if you don’t think they’re at that level - to get players in above their level, you’re probably looking at a fee of £20 million plus (for one players).

And if you do that and buy a starting player in one of those two’s positions - you block their development.

In terms of Kasey, there’s a two fold benefit of getting him regular first team football over keeping him as squad depth / rotation.

The obvious one is game time that would aid his development, but the other is a loan may be the best way to put him in the shop window and keep his value high.

As an academy player, it sucks, but he might become crucial come June to balancing our PSR books.

2 hours ago, supernuk said:

It's not a signing that gets me excited. But he's a good player to bring off the bench and got me some FPL points last year 🤣

Don’t think he will be coming here to bring off the bench.

He was involved in 35 matches and started 31 for a team that finished 10th

hey jim, can you post this on the foxes hub forum thing for me, we need to get on top of the Zaka PR debacle okay, then I can focus on getting Ionacho in.

"Ayew is an excellent player with Premier League experience. We would be lucky to have him here."

thanks jim,

Jon

18 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Even if you don’t think they’re at that level - to get players in above their level, you’re probably looking at a fee of £20 million plus (for one players).

And if you do that and buy a starting player in one of those two’s positions - you block their development.

In terms of Kasey, there’s a two fold benefit of getting him regular first team football over keeping him as squad depth / rotation.

The obvious one is game time that would aid his development, but the other is a loan may be the best way to put him in the shop window and keep his value high.

As an academy player, it sucks, but he might become crucial come June to balancing our PSR books.

I’m not saying necessarily replace Fatawu or Mavididi, I’m just saying we need some key players - we need a replacement for KDH, we need a quality alternative to Vardy etc. To get players above their level yes you are looking at plus £20m, and that’s why loans are a very likely option. 

At some point the academy player rule will change. It’s forcing clubs to use the young players as a commodity rather than developing them at their home club and it feels wrong both from a player treatment perspective and from a fans perspective. The KDH transfer feels wrong, the Gallagher transfer at Chelsea feels wrong. Both clubs have lost players that had a significant connection with their home fans.

2 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Agree. He's come from a mid table EPL team. He's good enough for where we are.

Okay, so what will he bring? Goals? Nope. Assists? Nope. That is what we need asap

Help me out here. He may come from a mid table side, doesn't mean he's any good. He's just another passenger who will have a high wage and another we won't be able to shift. And he's not that good

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Okay, so what will he bring? Goals? Nope. Assists? Nope. That is what we need asap

Help me out here. He may come from a mid table side, doesn't mean he's any good. He's just another passenger who will have a high wage and another we won't be able to shift. And he's not that good

4 and 7 assists

20 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not saying necessarily replace Fatawu or Mavididi, I’m just saying we need some key players - we need a replacement for KDH, we need a quality alternative to Vardy etc. To get players above their level yes you are looking at plus £20m, and that’s why loans are a very likely option. 

At some point the academy player rule will change. It’s forcing clubs to use the young players as a commodity rather than developing them at their home club and it feels wrong both from a player treatment perspective and from a fans perspective. The KDH transfer feels wrong, the Gallagher transfer at Chelsea feels wrong. Both clubs have lost players that had a significant connection with their home fans.

So your points basically lead to where I am going with this in that yes, signing BDCR and Ayew is not exciting.

But they’re not supposed to be. They’re being signed as solid experienced professionals to supplement the squad who can aid the development of our existing primary players for those positions.

These relatively budget signings also allow us to focus a transfer budget on the areas that really do need addressing - we can’t replace all we might want to in one go.

That’s why keeping Ndidi should be seen as a bonus because that’s one less position that would have been considered an immediate concern inside this window.

In theory, once we get out of this PSR period we should be in a better position going forward - we’ll still be making losses, but they’ll be more slack when it comes to PSR (or of course something else could replace PSR). 

But the club have to deal with the here and now and the financial rules that stand - and because there’s no guarantee with financial forecasting, it’s very likely we’ll be in a position of needing to sell an asset come the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

So your points basically lead to where I am going with this in that yes, signing BDCR and Ayew is not exciting.

But they’re not supposed to be. They’re being signed as solid experienced professionals to supplement the squad who can aid the development of our existing primary players for those positions.

These relatively budget signings also allow us to focus a transfer budget on the areas that really do need addressing - we can’t replace all we might want to in one go.

That’s why keeping Ndidi should be seen as a bonus because that’s one less position that would have been considered an immediate concern inside this window.

In theory, once we get out of this PSR period we should be in a better position going forward - we’ll still be making losses, but they’ll be more slack when it comes to PSR (or of course something else could replace PSR). 

But the club have to deal with the here and now and the financial rules that stand - and because there’s no guarantee with financial forecasting, it’s very likely we’ll be in a position of needing to sell an asset come the end of the season.

Thats a lot of twaddle. Ayew isnt developing our players. Its a waste of money

56 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Don’t think he will be coming here to bring off the bench.

He was involved in 35 matches and started 31 for a team that finished 10th

Depends - if we give him a 3 year contract he’ll do whatever we want him to, he’s at the “get paid” point of his careeer.

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

4 and 7 assists

Which was his highest goals and assists return in years.

His last three seasons looked as follows -

20/21: 1 goal, 3 assists

21/22: 3 goals, 3 assists

22/23: 4 goals, 3 assists

He turns 33 in less than 4 weeks and would be on a three year deal, no thank you.

Just now, ronnup said:

Thats a lot of twaddle. Ayew isnt developing our players. Its a waste of money

You don’t think a guy with over 500 games across his career has picked up any meaningful experience in that time? 

You don’t think Fawatu might look up to and enjoy being in a squad with someone who’s gained over 100 caps for Ghana?