Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's exactly the same, we aren't buying Ayew to be a proven goalscorer, we're buying him to bring all the things the palace fans say he brought to their team. What their skill set is has little to do with it. Cottee was seen as ancient then at 32, players are far fitter now than they were. 

But we didn't pay a stupid fee for Cottee. That's the issue. Bertrand vibes.

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The market is already tough for a perm, i have no idea who we could bring on loan

I think Dastro Fofana is going to be the fall back on deadline day if we can't get anything proper over the line

Thing is, we’ve made loads of big money ‘exciting signings’ in the past that have flopped - Musa, Perez, Silva, Iborra, Inler, Slimani etc. Then we’ve signings that have looked uninspiring and gone on to do well - Simpson, Fuchs, there’s loads to be honest. Let’s at least see how he does eh! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Honestly if people aren't going to see that Rudkin is grossly incompetent after this, they never will. 

Cooper is far from blameless in this, this sort of signing is his idea, but any competent DoF should be telling him absolutely not, the deal doesn't represent good value and you don't need him. If you really want a defensive winger who can't score, we already got you Bobby de Cordova Reid, and he was free.

Like what's his role going to be? run around a bit and win free kicks? we've got players who can do that already. if you really really want to be a team that just wins set pieces and scores from them, you've already got two tricky wingers who will get fouled regularly, you need someone who can take them and someone who can score from them. Sara was both and we didn't bother going back in with an increased bid because we had to save money for Skipp and Jordan ****in Ayew??

We've got basically no goals in the midfield having lost KDH, our only fit striker is a 38 year old who has to have his minutes managed, better ignore those and go all out for a man who gets booked as much as he scores despite allegedly being a forward.

When Cooper gets sacked, and he will pretty quickly because he's out of his depth in the prem, we're then lumbered with yet another unsellable asset just reducing our headroom in PSR, because there's no long range plan with Rudkin, the world's most incompetent DoF. Just let every single manager change the style drastically and rebuild the squad to fix that, let's pretend we've got the commercial income to allow more PSR headroom to do that. We deserve every single points deduction we get.

I'm not against Ayew in isolation, but I think you're right in terms of giving the manager too much power again to dictate everything and certainly being too far from the previous manager in terms of what he wants to allow him to do.

Our plan seems to be to allow the manager to dictate the plan. Now, that plan might work. But it's not a particularly good way of going about things, because as you say... you rip it all up each time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Decordova-Reid was out of contract at Fulham. 

Mavididi, Fatawu, Decordova-Reid and Ayew are 4 wingers who are all different to each other but regardless of that there's not a single team in the league that only has 2/3 wide options.

Reid turned down a new deal at Fulham

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I think it's probably less likely if you've had those jobs, whether it's England U17's or Liverpool... you essentially know better than anyone whether these people are ready for first team football.

By that measurement, i'd trust his judgement more than someone without that experience of working in youth development

Can’t work out if it’s a dig at

me for not being a professional of fan forum or you are still in about Steve cooper 😂. I would have just expected him to utilise them  in pre season a lot more than he has given his supposed record of developing new youth players through a academy system. 

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's also not coming here to be less of a contributor than he was at Palace, where he played most games. So where's him and Reid, another who wasn't leaving Fulham not to play, going to play? Mavididi and Fatawu will be on the bench far more than some of you presume.

Last season we ran both into the ground, which definitely had a impact on there performance. Often at 70 minutes Mavididi especially was knackered.

As a team we have to make up for a lack of quality by running our bollocks off, being able to swap and change personal isn't a bad thing.

Also competition for places can raise everyone game, something that would have help Barnes no end when he was here.

Do you really think Cooper isn't going to play Mavididi or Fatawu if they are delivery the goods.

I can under people be concerned about the cost, but the overall idea isn't stupid.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it though. Why would Ayew miss out on huge wealth from the middle east or stay put at Palace where he'd play regularly to coming here to be a fringe player. It's wishful thinking to fans who want to make themselves feel better about this deal.

The same can be said for Reid. He turned down a new deal at Fulham to come here.

I’d expect him to play a similar role at Leicester as he did at Palace and extended his role as a pro in the top league for a few years. In his last ten games at Palace he came on as a sub five times and was an unused sub twice. 

It'll be at Coopers detriment that he suddenly becomes a started. I think Mavididi will up his game. 

I do hope the club are going to go out and get a better striker to partner Vardy. 

We can only speculate regards to Jordan’s other options who knows what they truth is, we won’t. 

God help us if Cooper see’s him as a starter but personally I see him as playing a similar role here as he did at Palace. 

And as long as we do get more attacking options in then a player like Ayew makes sense, of course if this is not the case and we’re reliant on him we’re up proverbial creek without a paddle. 

10 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

I think Dastro Fofana is going to be the fall back on deadline day if we can't get anything proper over the line

That name has been mentioned, but the longer we stall, there is a risk someone else will pinch him

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

I’d expect him to play a similar role at Leicester as he did at Palace and extended his role as a pro in the top league for a few years. In his last ten games at Palace he came on as a sub five times and was an unused sub twice. 

It'll be at Coopers detriment that he suddenly becomes a started. I think Mavididi will up his game. 

I do hope the club are going to go out and get a better striker to partner Vardy. 

We can only speculate regards to Jordan’s other options who knows what they truth is, we won’t. 

God help us if Cooper see’s him as a starter but personally I see him as playing a similar role here as he did at Palace. 

And as long as we do get more attacking options in then a player like Ayew makes sense, of course if this is not the case and we’re reliant on him we’re up proverbial creek without a paddle. 

A similar role to he did at Palace is about 30 starts this season then. Christ.

6 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Can’t work out if it’s a dig at

me for not being a professional of fan forum or you are still in about Steve cooper 😂. I would have just expected him to utilise them  in pre season a lot more than he has given his supposed record of developing new youth players through a academy system. 

lol sorry terribly worded, Friday morning!

I was saying from my experience, those who have managed at youth level are actually less supportive of a quick rise to first team football. 

I think Cooper will be much more on board with getting Alves and Braybrooke good loans, which I think is actually a great idea.

First and foremost we need to survive this season, we can do what we like next year if we stay up! 

And whose to say Ayew doesn't go to Saudi next year? They'll probably still want him!

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mavididi and Fatawu will be on the bench far more than some of you presume.

This is my main concern too.

We should be looking to build around them and develop them into players we can sell for big money - Both are very talented in my opinion.

We aren’t spending £8m on 32yr old for the future, he’s for the here and now.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I can under people be concerned about the cost, but the overall idea isn't stupid.

Exactly. I was much more in favour of the deal when it was about £4m but we're still getting a solid Premier League ready player for the same price we paid for an academy lad.

Now we only need a proper number 9 and i'm content with this window.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That name has been mentioned, but the longer we stall, there is a risk someone else will pinch him

Agreed, I am hopeful we are still in for Fotis Ionnadis, but we are having to wait for Lens to hopefully knock them out of europe, which would leave it very late, and we are not great at getting deals done quickly. But it is largely out of our control if that is someone we want.

Either way, if we do not get goals into this team I just cant see how we stay up.

• Like 1

Simply…give the guy a chance. If it doesn’t work out then fair enough. Surely us Leicester fans realise high cost ‘exciting’ transfers don’t equal quality on the pitch, and often low cost ‘uninspiring’ transfers go on to do really well.

Peeps getting far too frustrated before he’s kicked a ball. We need a mixture of styles for this season depending on who we play, and based on Palace fans, he’ll be a decent addition. I’m not saying he’s going to win the player of the season award, but he’s defo the type to give 100% and be a nuisance to opposing teams, which I’m all for. 

Hope you silence the doubters Jordan! 

9 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

This is my main concern too.

We should be looking to build around them and develop them into players we can sell for big money - Both are very talented in my opinion.

We aren’t spending £8m on 32yr old for the future, he’s for the here and now.

The here and now is that we need to survive this season in order to re-establish ourselves as a top-half PL side. Staying up is an absolute necessity. This task has been made harder by the likelihood of a looming points deduction. The memory of our ludicrous capitulation in 2022/23 is still fresh and the club is clearly keen to avoid a repeat, hence the focus on proven PL players who are known for their determination and batting qualities. I still think we’ll get a couple more exciting players through the door before the deadline, so hopefully will end up with a nice balance of experience and flair. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We paid £500k nearly 30 years ago, the best players in the world were going for £10-£20m back then. Taking transfer inflation into account, it's pretty much exactly the same. 

I was trying to think along these lines last night in my attempt to rationalise this.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I feel like I'm lobbing a sausage down Gallowtree Gate with my moaning. 100% agree. I don't think fans realise the diminishing squad value we have and how perilous that is for a club that finds it difficult to sell anyone other than the very best occasionally. The strategy at this club hasn't had the reset we were all hoping for.

lol

This is the place to discuss transfer strategy etc, I don’t see it as moaning. Your points are fair.

It’s not as worrying with Fatawu as he’s young and we have time. But Mavididi is 26…we really can’t be wasting time with him. Next couple of years are crucial in terms of his development.

Of course we could be concerned about nothing and they’ll be the main men and the newcomers just rotation options. Time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A similar role to he did at Palace is about 30 starts this season then. Christ.

I guess their wide/creative players excelled in that time and that’s why we are signing him.

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

lol

This is the place to discuss transfer strategy etc, I don’t see it as moaning. Your points are fair.

It’s not as worrying with Fatawu as he’s young and we have time. But Mavididi is 26…we really can’t be wasting time with him. Next couple of years are crucial in terms of his development.

Of course we could be concerned about nothing and they’ll be the main men and the newcomers just rotation options. Time will tell I guess.

Mavididi is worth 3 times as much as a Premier League player as he is in the Championship. We can't afford to go down.