Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Maybe we just overload on a bit of filler and get the good players done a bit later.

Like signing Coady and then not using him.  Then we get a Fatawu late in the window after being in for Rak-Sakyi for what seemed like the entire summer.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

2 year deal on 15-20k base + incentives, I wouldn't hate it.

Paying anything more than that for a soon to be 33 year old would be a classic Rudders move though.

Most here would be delighted then as he wouldn’t sign! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

No other club in the prem  would even consider signing this deadbeat . WTF is wrong with these  idiots ?

This looks like the exact sort of signing Nottingham Forest/ Steve Cooper were making in the 22/23 season. 

Andre Ayew

Jonjo Shelvey

Willy Boly

Cheick Kouyate

Wayne Hennessey

All in their 30’s, no resale value, all with the premier league experience that cooper seems to like and players that nobody else wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They aren't even signings to prepare for the Championship, I wish they were which would be young players with vast potential on modest wages.

agree but dont you think we gave reid such a long contract on the "promise" he stays for the championship?

cant see mavididi or fatawu staying if we go back down so..........

17 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Meanwhile Bournemouth have just signed a highly rated and young Spanish defender from Juventus…exactly the type of signing we should be making instead we’re in for journeymen 

Thing is though, Bournemouth are trying to push up the table, so they can experiment with some ‘unknowns’, as they’ll feel they’ve earned the right to do that. We know our task, and we need a degree of certainty from a good number of players. If you look at the likes of Jordan Ayew, he’s very consistent in his output. We need the vast majority of our players to be consistent 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Most here would be delighted then as he wouldn’t sign! 

So would I if not. Earning a million a year seems decent. He could probably get more in Saudi and I'd say fair play, go get it.

If we can't afford prime meat, then you sign youngsters and 33+ year old's on lower wages.

If those older players are unhappy at being offered a million a year + performance related bonuses, then they can do one as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

So would I if not. Earning a million a year seems decent. He could probably get more in Saudi and I'd say fair play, go get it.

If we can't afford prime meat, then you sign youngsters and 33+ year old's on lower wages.

If those older players are unhappy at being offered a million a year + performance related bonuses, then they can do one as far as I'm concerned.

This is the PL 

Only promoted players on long term championship contracts earn that 

if you’re an established PL player then you’re on absolute min 35k.  I haven’t looked up ayew but I’d suspect he’s on around 50k 

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thing is though, Bournemouth are trying to push up the table, so they can experiment with some ‘unknowns’, as they’ll feel they’ve earned the right to do that. We know our task, and we need a degree of certainty from a good number of players. If you look at the likes of Jordan Ayew, he’s very consistent in his output. We need the vast majority of our players to be consistent 

I get your point, but we’ve signed BDR to tick that box, do we really need another similar player at 32yrs old? If things don’t work out we’ll likely have BDR, Vestergaard, potentially Ayew all on high wages, 3 yr contracts, back in the Championship - surely it’s better to try and go for younger, hungry players who at least have something to prove. 

4 minutes ago, kingpower said:

I get your point, but we’ve signed BDR to tick that box, do we really need another similar player at 32yrs old? If things don’t work out we’ll likely have BDR, Vestergaard, potentially Ayew all on high wages, 3 yr contracts, back in the Championship - surely it’s better to try and go for younger, hungry players who at least have something to prove. 

Hopefully we insert release clauses.

Dont start me on Vestergaard! I’m not a fan. We should never have given him a new contract. He’ll get murdered (again) at Prem level (unless we play a low block back three)

You are right about the fact that we already have BDCR. Too similar to Ayew isn’t he

Edited by FoxinNotts

If we all match down the KP in protest will they listen?!

Here’s what I don’t get….we offered €30m for that Soule bloke so the club are willing and able to spend the money. There must be tons of good attacking players who aren’t about to collect their pension who we could get for €30m or less. 

Ayew is a waste of a parking space at Seagrave.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

How can we go from Soule to Ayew :jawdrop:

By flying RudAir.   Sports Ghana7 just reporting we have put a bid in.   Get Rudkin gone.  

Apologies for being so deflated, but I can’t even be arsed to trawl back through the pages - I can guess where this is at.  The Queen spoke of her Annus Horriblis. Well, Betty, you’re no doubt looking down with a fag in your mouth and a G&T in hand …… and pissing yourself laughing. Because this appears to be ours. BDCR, Ayew, and a kid from Chelsea at millions that will never play ten games. We are where we are. No accountability at the club. No vision. No way out of this season. Brace yourselves, people. It’s going to be a grim 12 months. 

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Apologies for being so deflated, but I can’t even be arsed to trawl back through the pages - I can guess where this is at.  The Queen spoke of her Annus Horriblis. Well, Betty, you’re no doubt looking down with a fag in your mouth and a G&T in hand …… and pissing yourself laughing. Because this appears to be ours. BDCR, Ayew, and a kid from Chelsea at millions that will never play ten games. We are where we are. No accountability at the club. No vision. No way out of this season. Brace yourselves, people. It’s going to be a grim 12 months. 

I’m braced.

As depressing as you may all feel now, imagine how depressed you're going to feel when you find out Ruskin has managed to negotiate the fee for Ayew as the same as the one we offered for Soule.