Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

It must be Cooper that is pushing for this deal, he’s worked with him previously and is the one selling the dream to the board that we need seasoned Premier League pro’s to stand any chance of staying up.

they should be focusing all efforts on signing creative, progressive, ball carriers in midfield (O’Riley as an example) not more wide forwards. 

the way we are going we’ll have a low block defensive line, that when we break are relying on Winks, Soumaré and N’didi to carry the ball and find the creative wide men - there’s more creativity in a house brick than that trio of midfielders (don’t try and convince me that Wilf is a Prem level number 8 as he’s not)

good grief I need to chill out 😆

• Haha 1

It's just a rumour, like with anyone else; nothing concrete about it, it seems.

Plus, he could be happy at Palace and wants to stay put.

Reckon it's a smokescreen personally, in case the club's first-choice forward target doesn't come.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, kingpower said:

Meanwhile Bournemouth have just signed a highly rated and young Spanish defender from Juventus…exactly the type of signing we should be making instead we’re in for journeymen 

We should have gone for Bournemouths manager 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

IMG_4397.gif.212774bf83113e36a467b5c4cdc46756.gif

When the thread on a player you don’t want us to sign goes orange 

Yes, but you just made it more so (me too now, admittedly :ph34r: )..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thing is though, Bournemouth are trying to push up the table, so they can experiment with some ‘unknowns’, as they’ll feel they’ve earned the right to do that. We know our task, and we need a degree of certainty from a good number of players. If you look at the likes of Jordan Ayew, he’s very consistent in his output. We need the vast majority of our players to be consistent 

When has signing players with vast PL experience been a success for us in the last 4-5 years? More often than not it's been a failure.

We are not a newly promoted PL side like we were 10 years ago either, we boast a good nucleus of players that have multiple years experience in the PL with us.

So quite frankly this is a moot point IMO. 

26 minutes ago, kingpower said:

It must be Cooper that is pushing for this deal, he’s worked with him previously and is the one selling the dream to the board that we need seasoned Premier League pro’s to stand any chance of staying up.

they should be focusing all efforts on signing creative, progressive, ball carriers in midfield (O’Riley as an example) not more wide forwards. 

the way we are going we’ll have a low block defensive line, that when we break are relying on Winks, Soumaré and N’didi to carry the ball and find the creative wide men - there’s more creativity in a house brick than that trio of midfielders (don’t try and convince me that Wilf is a Prem level number 8 as he’s not)

good grief I need to chill out 😆

Afraid so, the Cooper appointment is looking odder by the day. Really poor fit for us and long term could be very damaging. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When has signing players with vast PL experience been a success for us in the last 4-5 years? More often than not it's been a failure.

We are not a newly promoted PL side like we were 10 years ago either, we boast a good nucleus of players that have multiple years experience in the PL with us.

So quite frankly this is a moot point IMO. 

I don’t think we do have a good nucleus tbh

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Afraid so, the Cooper appointment is looking odder by the day. Really poor fit for us and long term could be very damaging. 

Best to judge a cake once your eaten some rather than when it's baking.

Not sure you can judge much on a few friendlies and a couple of signings.

Edited by coolhandfox