Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

1 minute ago, Brooksy said:

Saw this was hot and thought there was a genuine source reporting it now. Looks like people are still overreacting because of alan ****ing nixon

Oh you sweet summer child…

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don’t think we do have a good nucleus tbh

Justin, Coady, Vestergaard, Ricardo, Winks, Ndidi, Reid, Vardy. I'd say that's a good amount, some have been the very best at this level too, albeit that's dropped off but still capable.

Then there's a few more with mixed success with us in the PL such as Daka, Hamza etc.

Ayew doesn't improve that list at all. His record in the Prem is an absolute embarrassment for a winger or striker. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin, Coady, Vestergaard, Ricardo, Winks, Ndidi, Reid, Vardy. I'd say that's a good amount, some have been the very best at this level too, albeit that's dropped off but still capable.

Then there's a few more with mixed success with us in the PL such as Daka, Hamza etc.

Ayew doesn't improve that list at all. His record in the Prem is an absolute embarrassment for a winger or striker. 

More assists (the main stat I’d want from a wide attacker) than either Eze or Olise last season. Hardly embarrassing 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Playing devil's advocate how does it compare to Okazaki's?

I think we can be guilty of judging the individual parts rather then the collective.

When we got relegated we had great individual and a poor team.

Nor saying I want Ayew, but I think it's easy to rush to judge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we can be guilty of judging the individual parts rather then the collective.

Palace fans insist he’s a wide right attacker

Shinji, wasn’t 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

More assists (the main stat I’d want from a wide attacker) than either Eze or Olise last season. Hardly embarrassing 

Hahaha Olise played just 19 games last season and still got only 1 less assist than him and scored 6 more than him too.

11 goal contributions for the season from out wide in a Palace team that had one of their best seasons in a long while might not be embarrassing but his PL record on the whole is appalling. He's not what we need, if we hadn't got Reid then you might have a point but that is negated.

• Like 2

Jordan Ayew was always the guy at the top of the non drafted list in my fantasy draft league… he was there purely for his consistent 2 or 3 points… nobody touched him because all 12 players knew how unlikely returns from him actually were 

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The devil's advocate being we had two players who played with Okazaki that scored and assisted more than 20 each a season. We could afford to carry him and he was a foil.

Ayew would be a hard worker who if he played would at the expense of Fatawu or Mavididi, only 2 of a very select amount of players who can rack up goals and assists or instead of the other player with a comparable record to him in Bobby Reid.

Don't need him, it's appalling business.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The devil's advocate being we had two players who played with Okazaki that scored and assisted more than 20 each a season. We could afford to carry him and he was a foil.

Ayew would be a hard worker who if he played would at the expense of Fatawu or Mavididi, only 2 of a very select amount of players who can rack up goals and assists or instead of the other player with a comparable record to him in Bobby Reid.

Would you rather sign Jordan Ayew or re-sign Tete?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All fair points.

Let's see I'm not convinced by Nixon link.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha Olise played just 19 games last season and still got only 1 less assist than him and scored 6 more than him too.

11 goal contributions for the season from out wide in a Palace team that had one of their best seasons in a long while might not be embarrassing but his PL record on the whole is appalling. He's not what we need, if we hadn't got Reid then you might have a point but that is negated.

The underlying stats are even worse 

47 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Come on Rudders……it’s a massive no from the majority of FT members. 

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sympathy with @Finnegan, whose new rules are barely a day old and yet this thread keeps going hot based on a single tweet from Alan ****ing Nixon.

Deliberately not actioning this to be fair lol

I said we'd wait few days before implementing anything and this thread is probably too big to merge or lock so might as well let it run it's course. It'll get a big old Tier 4 (5) tag though! 

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No objection to this if the fee is below £6m (considering his age) on a three year deal 

Some of the comments in this thread indicate that too many of us are still stuck in the past - we aren’t that club anymore 

any established PL player is not below our level 

But a nearly 33 year old is below the level of a club trying to steer away from further PSR issues.

Our scouting network is becoming a joke, imagine not having the confidence in signing a younger lad from South America/Europe with the potential of him going onto being a next big sale in a couple of years?

I know that I go on and on about Brighton and their data model but are we the at stuck in the dark ages that “PL experience trumps everything else”?

A hugely uninspiring and quite frankly heinous Summer when consider the off field decisions too.