Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

We still have the nucleus of a good team but the more Ayews and even Dercordova-Reids (as much as I think that's a decent signing) we get, the more we pull into the direction of what a team like Forest are.

Soule would have been a step in the right direction and I think other signings down the line then follow suit. Go back into the Maguire, Maddison type signings of before. 

If it's just quick fixes and 31 year olds looking for big contracts they'll run down then we will quite quickly lose any identity. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We still have the nucleus of a good team but the more Ayews and even Dercordova-Reids (as much as I think that's a decent signing) we get, the more we pull into the direction of what a team like Forest are.

Soule would have been a step in the right direction and I think other signings down the line then follow suit. Go back into the Maguire, Maddison type signings of before. 

If it's just quick fixes and 31 year olds looking for big contracts they'll run down then we will quite quickly lose any identity. 

i said it weeks ago and I still believe it now.

who that is of this young skillful with bags of potential is going to join us? We are  supposedly facing a record points deduction .   None of these 30m+ players are going to join us- their agents will tell them to steer well clear of us,

Those ‘quick fixes’ are the only ones that we can attract at the moment.. anyone who signs realizes there’s a big chance they will be playing in the championship season..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Soule would have been a step in the right direction

We were in for him but he didn't want to come. Not a lot you can do if they don't fancy it.

"What I wanted more than anything was to stay in Italy and come to Roma.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/07/31/matias-soule-roma-transfer-rejected-west-ham-leicester/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry but, respectfully, this is testicles. 

Sheffield United convinced Cameron Archer and Gustavo Hamer to sign for them last year.

Burnley did well. Some highly rated youngsters in Trafford, Odobert and Amdouni. 

Even Luton picked up Ross Barkley on a great free transfer. 

All of these clubs were highly likely to go back down, it didn't stop people signing. Archer signed with a buy back clause for Villa, Hamer signed with a release clause, etc. You just have to make the necessary concessions. 

Leicester City are one of the most followed football clubs on social media globally outside of the Champions League and the Premier League is the most watched league in the world with the highest average wages. Why wouldn't you want to come here and do a season? 

We've been turned down by one player so far and he had the choice of joining an extremely exciting project in Rome where a legend from his playing days is rebuilding a club that's got the likes of Paulo Dybala, Lorenzo Pellegrini and Leandro Paredes playing for them and is apparently splashing out big style this summer to make a push for the top four. Plus they're in the Europa League which they got to the semis of last year. 

True. We can sign players. But if a player has a choice between us or another club (as most of the good players will), then at the moment they are more than likely going to plump for the other club unless we throw ridiculous money at them. Everyone is aware of our predicament.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sheffield United convinced Cameron Archer and Gustavo Hamer to sign for them last year.

Burnley did well. Some highly rated youngsters in Trafford, Odobert and Amdouni. 

All of these clubs were highly likely to go back down, it didn't stop people signing. Archer signed with a buy back clause for Villa, Hamer signed with a release clause, etc. You just have to make the necessary concessions. 

Leicester City are one of the most followed football clubs on social media globally outside of the Champions League and the Premier League is the most watched league in the world with the highest average wages. Why wouldn't you want to come here and do a season? 

We've been turned down by one player so far and he had the choice of joining an extremely exciting project in Rome where a legend from his playing days is rebuilding a club that's got the likes of Paulo Dybala, Lorenzo Pellegrini and Leandro Paredes playing for them and is apparently splashing out big style this summer to make a push for the top four. Plus they're in the Europa League which they got to the semis of last year. 

And as much as we all like implying Rudkin is stupid, we clearly wouldn't have been negotiating that much with Juve if we hadn't had an indication from the player's agent that he was interested and it's been rumoured since that the main reason we lost out is we simply offered the agent a smaller bung than Roma did. So. Yknow. 

Matias Soule says he ‘wanted more than anything’ to join Roma this summer, despite interest from Premier League duo West Ham and Leicester.

The 21-year-old officially joined the Giallorossi on Tuesday, ending a four-year spell with Juventus, during which he played just 21 times for the senior team, scoring one goal.

However, the 11-time Argentina youth international impressed greatly during a loan spell at Frosinone last season, notching 11 goals and three assists in 36 Serie A appearances despite the Canaries suffering relegation to the second division.

That form with Frosinone sparked interest from a number of parties in this summer’s transfer window, including West Ham and Leicester.

However, it was Roma who eventually won the race to sign Soule, who will now prepare for another season in the Italian top flight.

Soule ‘wanted more than anything’ to join Roma

Speaking following his unveiling as a Roma player, Soule has revealed the role manager Daniele De Rossi played in convincing him to come to Rome, also insisting he ‘wanted more than anything’ to join the club over other offers.

“I assessed everything before coming here. In terms of the coach, I saw how the team played last year, and how it’s changed since he came in,” said Soule (via Football Italia). “He’s really incredible. As for being here and training with him, he’s also spent time in Argentina and understands everything. He speaks Argentine Spanish, so that will be really helpful.

“It took quite a few days, but I just wanted it to happen straight away. I was convinced in every regard, from the coach to the club. What I wanted more than anything was to stay in Italy and come to Roma.”

Soule will link up with fellow Argentines Leandro Paredes and Paulo Dybala at the Stadio Olimpico. It will come as no surprise to learn that they, too, played a role in getting this transfer over the line.

“I have spoken to them. As soon as the rumours about me coming here started, they told me about what it’s like here and how happy they are. I also asked them about it all. Every day, I spoke more and more about it with Paulo: ‘When are you coming? Come on, I’m waiting for you, there’s a free space for you’.”

“Of course, it’s nice to be appreciated, but I’ll need to show it on the pitch to all the fans who have been waiting for me.”

49 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Matias Soule says he ‘wanted more than anything’ to join Roma this summer, despite interest from Premier League duo West Ham and Leicester.

The 21-year-old officially joined the Giallorossi on Tuesday, ending a four-year spell with Juventus, during which he played just 21 times for the senior team, scoring one goal.

However, the 11-time Argentina youth international impressed greatly during a loan spell at Frosinone last season, notching 11 goals and three assists in 36 Serie A appearances despite the Canaries suffering relegation to the second division.

That form with Frosinone sparked interest from a number of parties in this summer’s transfer window, including West Ham and Leicester.

However, it was Roma who eventually won the race to sign Soule, who will now prepare for another season in the Italian top flight.

Soule ‘wanted more than anything’ to join Roma

Speaking following his unveiling as a Roma player, Soule has revealed the role manager Daniele De Rossi played in convincing him to come to Rome, also insisting he ‘wanted more than anything’ to join the club over other offers.

“I assessed everything before coming here. In terms of the coach, I saw how the team played last year, and how it’s changed since he came in,” said Soule (via Football Italia). “He’s really incredible. As for being here and training with him, he’s also spent time in Argentina and understands everything. He speaks Argentine Spanish, so that will be really helpful.

“It took quite a few days, but I just wanted it to happen straight away. I was convinced in every regard, from the coach to the club. What I wanted more than anything was to stay in Italy and come to Roma.”

Soule will link up with fellow Argentines Leandro Paredes and Paulo Dybala at the Stadio Olimpico. It will come as no surprise to learn that they, too, played a role in getting this transfer over the line.

“I have spoken to them. As soon as the rumours about me coming here started, they told me about what it’s like here and how happy they are. I also asked them about it all. Every day, I spoke more and more about it with Paulo: ‘When are you coming? Come on, I’m waiting for you, there’s a free space for you’.”

“Of course, it’s nice to be appreciated, but I’ll need to show it on the pitch to all the fans who have been waiting for me.”

Yep I mean look, there's really no shame in losing out to that is there. 

If that's what we're up against it's not exactly hugely damming that he didn't come here. 

You've got Paulo Dybala texting you telling you to come sign for his team in the Europa League managed by Danielle de Rossi. Like. I'd ****ing sign. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

And as much as we all like implying Rudkin is stupid, we clearly wouldn't have been negotiating that much with Juve if we hadn't had an indication from the player's agent that he was interested and it's been rumoured since that the main reason we lost out is we simply offered the agent a smaller bung than Roma did. So. Yknow. 

I guess we will see by the end of the window 👍

3 hours ago, MPH said:

None of these 30m+ players are going to join us- their agents will tell them to steer well clear of us,

A lot of agents make their money when players move. The more they move, the more they make.  So probably not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

wonder how many "fans" turned their nose up when Barkley signed for them, can you imagine if we had signed him on a free prior to last season, some of our fans would be calling him over the hill, washed and not what we need

on Soule, it sounds like hes not up for a relegation fight, if we was a mid table side then sure he might have been a little more keen.

but as you said Roma are on the upturn and of course they are in a better state than us

Is Dom Smith of the Evening Standard just lazily regurgitating Nixon's 'info' or is this gaining traction? Btw I'd probably have Schlupperman back here over Ayew.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-jordan-ayew-leicester-transfer-news-b1173965.html?utm_source=Flashscore.co.uk&utm_medium=newsfeed

The newly-promoted Foxes have made a formal approach for the 32-year-old, who joined Palace from Swansea in 2019.

Standard Sport understands Palace are open to letting Ayew leave if an attractive enough offer is made, and the same is understood to be the case for squad player Jeffrey Schlupp.

Both players are currently in the United States on Palace’s pre-season tour.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Is Dom Smith of the Evening Standard just lazily regurgitating Nixon's 'info' or is this gaining traction? Btw I'd probably have Schlupperman back here over Ayew.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-jordan-ayew-leicester-transfer-news-b1173965.html?utm_source=Flashscore.co.uk&utm_medium=newsfeed

The newly-promoted Foxes have made a formal approach for the 32-year-old, who joined Palace from Swansea in 2019.

Standard Sport understands Palace are open to letting Ayew leave if an attractive enough offer is made, and the same is understood to be the case for squad player Jeffrey Schlupp.

God I really hope so. 

15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They don't give a source for any formal approach, so I think they're probably quoting Alan Nixon. 

Their sources, if any, will be in the second statement "Standard Sport understands..." which is that Palace would let Ayew and Schlupp go for the right fee. That's not all that surprising.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Get a relegation release clause and have 38 games to show everyone your worth is surely more appealing than staying in the championship? There's plenty of up and coming players we could go for in there.

I'd much rather us go down that route than Ayew on a 3 year deal. 

His agent just said ”Soulé ‘did not even listen’ to Leicester City when Roma called It was absolutely no secret that not only were Leicester City very eager to sign Soulé, but they had also offered a considerably higher sum for the transfer fee”

lucky it didn’t happen, who wants players that don’t want to be here, hopefully there is a talented replacement deal waiting to go through 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How utterly tragic this club is if thats true

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Oh my god we might even be able to prise shlupp from them!! 

I know he's a bit of a Jack of all trades and master of none, but I'd have Schlupp back here no problem (for the right price) as he can cover several positions up the left hand side. He's shown at Palace that he can do a job at LB, LWB and LM.

• Like 1

Unlike some I wouldn’t be massively opposed to Ayew as a back-up squad player as we need cover in wide positions. But Palace fans think he wants to leave because he wants regular first team football. If we’ve promised him that, that would be very concerning.

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They don't give a source for any formal approach, so I think they're probably quoting Alan Nixon. 

Their sources, if any, will be in the second statement "Standard Sport understands..." which is that Palace would let Ayew and Schlupp go for the right fee. That's not all that surprising.

I think people fail to understand these people need to fill column space, he's taken a snip of information about Palace and add it to the Nixon information.

Nixon also wants to drive traffic to his Patreon account so any semi believable rumour works for him.