Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

I proper hate PSR, West Ham flirting with Crysencio Summerville whilst we are digging around for OAP's in the bargain bin 

In fairness to West Ham, they haven’t got the world’s worst goalkeeper as third choice on 50k a week. 

• Haha 1

He’s not a terrible player in his own right but is he better than iheanacho? It’s just so underwhelming and uninspiring. What’s the long term plan with this? If it’s a one year deal fair enough but they’ll give him 3 years and palace will be laughing to the bank 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He’s not a terrible player in his own right but is he better than iheanacho? It’s just so underwhelming and uninspiring. What’s the long term plan with this? If it’s a one year deal fair enough but they’ll give him 3 years and palace will be laughing to the bank 

I'm pretty sure the plan will be to stay up this season and then it will get easier to rebuild further after that. Ayew will likely be a better player for us this season than many other younger options out there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ayew will be used as a rhs attacker. 

19 minutes ago, Viva said:

He started 30 league matches last season. He's not awful.

Not a fan of this, but 11 goal involvements from 35 games is not too bad.. I'd rather have the experience of Ayew or Reid alongside a younger more exciting winger. I think the problem is we went from Soulè to Reiss Nelson to Ayew in less than a week.

Edited by scinnell

Just now, scinnell said:

Not a fan of this, but 11 goal involvements from 35 games is not too bad.. I'd rather have the experience of Ayew or Reid alongside a younger more exciting winger. 

Like Fatawu

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Like Fatawu

Fatawu was here last season, so I don't count him. We needed two wingers alongside him and Mavididi. Don't think both Reid and Ayew are the answers.

6 minutes ago, Viva said:

I'm pretty sure the plan will be to stay up this season and then it will get easier to rebuild further after that. Ayew will likely be a better player for us this season than many other younger options out there. 

But we’ll offer him a 3 year deal and if his physical attributes haven’t already been on the decline, they definitely will during that time period.

I appreciate it’s the PL when discussing his highest goals and assists return (11) but the same people reel off that Szmodics is a one season wonder.

Just to throw another spanner into the works, we would only be left with Mavididi and Reid out wide when Fatawu and Ayew bugger off to AFCON in Jan.

Edited by scinnell

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The outrage pile on about this is ridiculous

Or we fear like Jannik, Wilf, Reid etc that he’ll be on a contract (inflated one based on our history) for a minimum of three years.

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

But we’ll offer him a 3 year deal and if his physical attributes haven’t already been on the decline, they definitely will during that time period.

I appreciate it’s the PL when discussing his highest goals and assists return (11) but the same people reel off that Szmodics is a one season wonder.

He wouldn't sign a one year deal.

7 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Fatawu was here last season, so I don't count him. We needed two wingers alongside him and Mavididi. Don't think both Reid and Ayew are the answers.

If we get Ayew after Reid, I think these are the exact answers we will have for better or for worse.

5 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Just to throw another spanner into the works, we would only be left with Mavididi and Reid out wide when Fatawu and Ayew bugger off to AFCON in Jan.

don’t think there’s any afcon this coming year 

• Like 1

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Which I understand but you’d be happy having a squad player on PL wages until he’s 35 nearly 36?

If he helped us stay up, then yes it would be well worth it.