Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

15 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Not a fan of this, but 11 goal involvements from 35 games is not too bad.. I'd rather have the experience of Ayew or Reid alongside a younger more exciting winger. I think the problem is we went from Soulè to Reiss Nelson to Ayew in less than a week.

classic smokescreen:brendan:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

I'm taking the long term view. I think we're going down anyhow, so let's start planning for 2025/26. 

This would work if he was a youngster. He isn't. This can't even really be classed as building.

You know we'll hand out another 3 years as well.

so 2 more from the same paper.....id still be very surprised if this is true, given all the lark that the club was going back to the model of getting hungry young players

also says "top target" well that aint true, number 1 is a replacement for KDH

so Ayew isnt a top target

Edited by FrankieADZ

2 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Who reliable has said this is happening?

No-one, mate. Someone parroting Nixon, who himself is a guess merchant.

I have always quite liked him, with the qualifier that I do tend to have a soft spot for non-scoring strikers. His numbers are pretty crap but you have to take into account most of his time at Palace has been under Hodgson with his game plan of get everyone behind the ball and then give it to Zaha. His work rate and ability to hold onto the ball under pressure make him a really good foil for proper goalscorers and creators and a handy outlet for teams that come under a lot of pressure, which you have to assume we will.

On the other hand, we are in very short supply of those goalscorers and creators and having just signed a 30+ year old versatile forward with little/no resale value whose main attributes are his adaptability and work rate, you have to question whether another one needs bringing in. For a low enough fee I think it would make some sense, but sooner or later we are going to have to add some actual quality to the squad because graft and experience alone are not going to keep us up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I have always quite liked him, with the qualifier that I do tend to have a soft spot for non-scoring strikers. His numbers are pretty crap but you have to take into account most of his time at Palace has been under Hodgson with his game plan of get everyone behind the ball and then give it to Zaha. His work rate and ability to hold onto the ball under pressure make him a really good foil for proper goalscorers and creators and a handy outlet for teams that come under a lot of pressure, which you have to assume we will.

On the other hand, we are in very short supply of those goalscorers and creators and having just signed a 30+ year old versatile forward with little/no resale value whose main attributes are his adaptability and work rate, you have to question whether another one needs bringing in. For a low enough fee I think it would make some sense, but sooner or later we are going to have to add some actual quality to the squad because graft and experience alone are not going to keep us up.

now the bastards even got himself an account on here!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

I have always quite liked him, with the qualifier that I do tend to have a soft spot for non-scoring strikers.

He's not really played as an out-and-out striker at club level for several years. He sometimes still plays as a striker for Ghana, and in fact got a hat-trick for them against CAR in a 4-3 WCQ win back in June (Fatawu got their other goal).

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

There's a fair few red flags with this one: patchy record, age, no sell on value, not free, a position we're covered in. Not even sure it gets us out of a hole long term as we need to start getting on players we can resell for profit. A bizarre bit of business.

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

More assists than eze and olise last season - just saying - doesn’t fit the narrative on here though 

We've been through this. Olise got 1 less than him in over 50% less games and scored 6 more goals than him as well. 

• Thanks 1

I do hope nobody in their right frame of mind is even trying to compare ayew to olise

That's absolutely mental 

Edited by em9999
  • Like 1