Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

28 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The problem I have with all of our transfers is we really don't know who is calling the shots..I would be amazed if Cooper has told Rudkin that Ayew is the player that can help keep us up.

This club is so dysfunctional & makes such horrible decisions at times that I feel we should be drug testing our upper management. 

Buying 30+year old players is not the way to build a team. We will end up paying Ayew good money for the next 3 years to sit on the bench while our young players stagnate.

We need  a proper DOF & an actual plan to so we can progress as a club.

I do remember Rodgers saying that they identify positions that most need improving then the scouting team will give them a top 3 they think are possible to sign . I believe that's how most clubs do it these  days.

Although there's no doubt a manager can suggest players they think will help the squad too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, los dedos said:

I do remember Rodgers saying that they identify positions that most need improving then the scouting team will give them a top 3 they think are possible to sign . I believe that's how most clubs do it these  days.

Although there's no doubt a manager can suggest players they think will help the squad too.

Agreed that Cooper is not calling the shots but that he does have input on the final decision.   I don't see that signing a 32 ...soon to be 33 year old striker is good business for any Premier league club & it worries me as to the direction of the club.   Are we planning on relegation so soon !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Agreed that Cooper is not calling the shots but that he does have input on the final decision.   I don't see that signing a 32 ...soon to be 33 year old striker is good business for any Premier league club & it worries me as to the direction of the club.   Are we planning on relegation so soon !!!

In a word yes. If we get Jordan Ayew, you know the club have accepted relegation. Compare our signings to say Ipswich, who seem to have a definite plan. That Soule agent was right, we're clueless.

I think the negativity is because we Have failed at our Marquee signings , if Ayew was mixed in with something inspiring then it would all be a bit more upbeat , it's just a bit meh 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It's not necessarily the age in this case though, more that the player himself is hardly a renowned player of quality in the first place. Aging players like Cambiasso, Cottee or Ferdinand still had something obvious to offer, this chap arguably never really had much in the first place. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Cooper has come in as more a head coach than a manager per say, hes not the one picking all the transfer targets, he might suggest some to the recruitment team which they might say yes or no too, 

No different to 99% of all other clubs

21 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Cooper has come in as more a head coach than a manager per say, hes not the one picking all the transfer targets, he might suggest some to the recruitment team which they might say yes or no too, 

I think Cooper is very influential in our transfer targets this summer, I wish he wasn't.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Cooper is very influential in our transfer targets this summer, I wish he wasn't.

How people don’t see this boggles the mind. We’ve gone from creative, youth focused recruiting to signing 30+ average players on big wages. 

To date, we’ve signed one player over 30. Ayew hasn’t signed (yet). Not sure about wages. Everyone seems to think Ayew has already signed. I think this is due to the lack of signings in other crucial areas. All our other signing this season, seem to fit our age profile

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

To date, we’ve signed one player over 30. Ayew hasn’t signed (yet). Not sure about wages. Everyone seems to think Ayew has already signed. I think this is due to the lack of signings in other crucial areas. All our other signing this season, seem to fit our age profile

Exactly, and the one signing we have made was a perfectly sensible buy on a free. Our signings tend to come out the blue, not weeks of speculation. 

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For me, if Cooper is having a say, he'll be very risk averse. He got burned at Forest and it was a miracle he managed to get a song out that massively inflated squad. It needs hugely stripping back.

Naturally he's under pressure, and if he's making requests, it's likely he wants steady eddys with experience with the sole goal of retaining our Prem status, and literally nothing more at this stage.

No way reed was a cooper signing - absolutely no chance and we haven’t signed anyone else over 30 - let’s at least get the facts straight - just like soule wouldn’t have been a cooper signing either but everyone would have been waxing lyrical if that one got done - we will currently be in for loads of players - most working out if they are going to get game time at their clubs this season before agreeing to leave - we could and should have had a few more in by now but we all know our predicament is very complicated and I’m sure it’s proving difficult to convince players to come for a guaranteed relegation battle - if we haven’t got a couple over the line this time next week then maybe it’s panic stations but I’m convinced there are a few that haven’t broken in the media that are close 

10 minutes ago, jv1 said:

No way reed was a cooper signing - absolutely no chance and we haven’t signed anyone else over 30 - let’s at least get the facts straight - just like soule wouldn’t have been a cooper signing either but everyone would have been waxing lyrical if that one got done - we will currently be in for loads of players - most working out if they are going to get game time at their clubs this season before agreeing to leave - we could and should have had a few more in by now but we all know our predicament is very complicated and I’m sure it’s proving difficult to convince players to come for a guaranteed relegation battle - if we haven’t got a couple over the line this time next week then maybe it’s panic stations but I’m convinced there are a few that haven’t broken in the media that are close 

Cooper wasn't a Reid signing? Hmmmmmm even Coady has called him the teachers pet or along those lines in the most recent LCFC social media snippet 😂😂😂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

How people don’t see this boggles the mind. We’ve gone from creative, youth focused recruiting to signing 30+ average players on big wages. 

Average age of the 4 players with signed so far is 23. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

think its yes and no, Reid certainly is one of his, where hes suggested it to Glover etc and theyve seen the value in him

1 hour ago, Lad1966 said:

we've signed him on a free transfer too, as ive said before, it would be really strange as we havent paid a transfer fee for a player over 30 in like 5+years(i think)

and would go against the club was going back to transfer wise

31 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

think its yes and no, Reid certainly is one of his, where hes suggested it to Glover etc and theyve seen the value in him

we've signed him on a free transfer too, as ive said before, it would be really strange as we havent paid a transfer fee for a player over 30 in like 5+years(i think)

and would go against the club was going back to transfer wise

Coady was 30 when we signed him, but it isn't something we do too often.

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Cooper was tapping Reid up to join the club, he said what made him swing the decision to join us was mainly due to how the manager wants to use him and was excited at working with him. Coady’s already referred to him as teachers pet as Ric mentioned above. 

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Cooper was tapping Reid up to join the club, he said what made him swing the decision to join us was mainly due to how the manager wants to use him and was excited at working with him. Coady’s already referred to him as teachers pet as Ric mentioned above. 

Ugh. 

Just imagine Fatawu or Mavididi playing out of position or sitting on the bench to accommodate BDCR. 

In reality, the lack of ability of the Club to clear out the Dead-wood, gives the appearance we just adding to the pile when looking at 30+ year old players in the winter of their careers.

A swop say Ward for Ayew would doubtless be popular on here?

So Dufkin, get your skates on and start up the chainsaw and ensure you do not make the same mistakes again.....I bet you would not buy a Ploughman's Horse for KP Racing, so why INFLICT THIS ON LCFC?????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Coady was 30 when we signed him, but it isn't something we do too often.

why i said over 30:ph34r:

but it is really rare, think 30 is the limit we do it, any older then its uaually free transfers

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jamfox said:

I think the negativity is because we Have failed at our Marquee signings , if Ayew was mixed in with something inspiring then it would all be a bit more upbeat , it's just a bit meh 

Yep!

Ayew IS now our marquee signing!! 

Imagine even considering him 3 years ago.