Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

6 minutes ago, Palace_1905 said:

Obviously if Palace were in for a near 33 year old forward with a record of 21 goals in 174 games I'd almost certainly have the same reaction to what I've read here. But in all honesty those stats don't remotely represent how important he's been to us over the last few seasons. He's the hardest working player I've ever seen without a doubt. His ability to win fouls is incredible. Yeah his technical ability is limited, but he has played a really really important role for us over many seasons. The first half of last season under Hodgson he was our best player in almost every game. The one player that really stood up and was counted in some of the most turgid shite football I've ever seen. I think if this was to happen, you'd end up being pleasantly surprised as he's a far better player than his goals to game ratio would probably suggest. 

The biggest issue is in order for him to play then he's going to be preventing Fatawu from playing which would be unthinkable or Bobby Reid who's similar to Ayew in certain aspects and a pointless signing if he's not the 1st choice cover to Mavididi at LW and Fatawu at RW.

Also we have a dearth of goals, we cannot afford for a winger like Ayew to score 4 goals a season, and that's in a year that Palace ended up scoring a fair amount more than they usually did in previous seasons and all round much better attacking output under Glasner.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The biggest issue is in order for him to play then he's going to be preventing Fatawu from playing which would be unthinkable or Bobby Reid who's similar to Ayew in certain aspects and a pointless signing if he's not the 1st choice cover to Mavididi at LW and Fatawu at RW.

Also we have a dearth of goals, we cannot afford for a winger like Ayew to score 4 goals a season, and that's in a year that Palace ended up scoring a fair amount more than they usually did in previous seasons and all round much better attacking output under Glasner.

In fairness once Glasner came Olise/Eze/Mateta were fit for most of the games, and therefore obviously Ayew didn't play us much. Obviously I don't profess to know much at all about your squad, but just think he's a better player than you'd probably expect. Hey, here's one how about a buy one get one free ... Ayew and Schlupp!! 

• Haha 3

If he's our top target as reported in the media we deserve relegation.

Just hoping this is untrue and we have higher aspirations than a player who has a pretty poor record for goals and assists.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Palace_1905 said:

Obviously if Palace were in for a near 33 year old forward with a record of 21 goals in 174 games I'd almost certainly have the same reaction to what I've read here. But in all honesty those stats don't remotely represent how important he's been to us over the last few seasons. He's the hardest working player I've ever seen without a doubt. His ability to win fouls is incredible. Yeah his technical ability is limited, but he has played a really really important role for us over many seasons. The first half of last season under Hodgson he was our best player in almost every game. The one player that really stood up and was counted in some of the most turgid shite football I've ever seen. I think if this was to happen, you'd end up being pleasantly surprised as he's a far better player than his goals to game ratio would probably suggest. 

Ayew's agent hard at work..........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

Ayew's agent hard at work..........

Could be their Recruitment Team?   Rudders needs to download an Ai App and ask it to write Ward's CV.

Oh man seeing this tagged with a Tier 4 source has made me feel sooo much better about it, even though I already knew it came from that wally Nixon.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

At least it looks like we will get a Nixon update on this tomorrow :thumbup:

Surprised he didn’t list Taylor Swift or Nazis in there to get more trending keywords in. Not even a link to his Patreon :o

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Started for Palace yesterday in their 3-1 win over WHU. Got an assist for Schlupp's goal. The fact that he started and played the majority of the game would indicate that a move is not imminent.

Needs the Monks on this one.

• 2 weeks later...