Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Just now, teblin said:

We don’t know how injured Daka and vardy are. Might be why we want an extra body in who has premier league experience.

Hope this is the reason for returning to look at Ayew, not wishing injury on Vardy or Daka obviously.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliFOXnia said:

Strange, because it's usually goals and assists that'll keep a side afloat.. 

Yeah we'll need to at least one striker but I don't think that a quartet of Mavididi, BDCR, Fatawu and Ayew is a bad set of wingers to have at all.

IMO Hlozek and Ayew would be two good additions to the squad.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

they gave us 1.5 days of optimism before smashing us back to earth. 

The other way to look at this is, this window will define Rudkin.  Let’s wait and see. 

• Like 1

Nice to see we are planning for the future going after pensioners. Have to say to yourself would sensible clubs like Brighton be paying transfer fees for a 32 year old? The answer is absolutley not.. funny that. Short term transfer planning will fck them for years when theyre back in the Championship with old players on 3 year contracts

Edited by South Shire Fox

This is horrendous news. Really getting to the point where I can't be bothered with the club any more. If he gets 2 goals and 2 assists it will be one of his best seasons for years.

To be honest, getting promoted was a waste of time, by the look of it - plus, when we get relegated we are going to be stuck with a load of ageing, past it players on big money seeing out time on their contracts. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah we'll need to at least one striker but I don't think that a quartet of Mavididi, BDCR, Fatawu and Ayew is a bad set of wingers to have at all.

IMO Hlozek and Ayew would be two good additions to the squad.

You're bigging up Ayew after slagging off Zaha for days?!!

• Like 3

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

You're bigging up Ayew after slagging off Zaha for days?!!

It's more that I don't think we should be signing Zaha on loan for £9m.

I don't have a problem with beefing the squad out with a solid player like Ayew with a great attitude but I don't think we need to spend what is likely to be a massive portion of our budget on Zaha on loan when he'll be flapping his arms about and crying when things aren't going well in November.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I don't have a problem with beefing the squad out with a solid player like Ayew with a great attitude but I don't think we need to spend what is likely to be a massive portion of our budget on Zaha on loan when he'll be flapping his arms about and crying when things aren't going well in November.

I would rather have kept Albrighton than buy Ayew. He offers nothing and we'll be saddled with him on big money for 3 years.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The other way to look at this is, this window will define Rudkin.  Let’s wait and see. 

the problem is he’s already been defined and signing Ayew should just be expected at this point.

Didn’t learn from Bertrand, didn’t learn from vestergarde, didn’t learn from Bennett… christ we didn’t learn from coady. If a prem team wants rid it’s usually because they are bad, past it or both.

Can’t think of a single time an aging prem player has left a mid table club and kept someone up, in basically a giveaway deal. These are the scraps of clubs and we are paying actual money for them? 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

I would rather sign Zaha on loan for 1 season for what seems like it may actually be cheaper than £9m TOTAL (all being reported in Euros so would be cheaper already) rather than Jordan Ayew for a £4m transfer fee (which might not even be enough and we end up going higher), his signing on fee, and also a 2-3 year contract

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1