Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

1 minute ago, Micky said:

I'm telling you now, he's exactly the type of player we need in our position. 

On what planet is he? We already have Fatawu, Reid and now Bouonanotte thst play on the right. 

The bloke averages 3 goals a season in the Premier League. Extraordinary

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The other way to look at this is, this window will define Rudkin.  Let’s wait and see. 

Makes no difference, the bloke is untouchable. We are an absolute shit show of a club.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

On what planet is he? We already have Fatawu, Reid and now Bouonanotte thst play on the right. 

Buonanotte likely to play through the middle but I think Ayew is just about the perfect player to bring off the bench to kill a game.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Haha 3

It doesn’t mean we are signing him to be a starter. He would be someone to come off the bench and hold the ball up/waste time late on in games. And when we desperately need a goal - he will be another body to throw on. 
Would be a good squad signing and is obviously also mates with zaha if he signs too.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Buonanotte likely to play through the middle but I think Ayew is just about the perfect player to bring on the kill a game.

It'd be nice to get some players in to allow us to get to that stage

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Buonanotte likely to play through the middle but I think Ayew is just about the perfect player to bring on the kill a game.

What with his 20'odd goals in 10 seasons? Deadly. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

On the planet of...

1. Having very little in terms of budget

2. Having to fight and scrap this season

3. Having little in terms of possession this season

4. Needing someone who can hold onto the ball up front

Just now, AKCJ said:

Buonanotte likely to play through the middle but I think Ayew is just about the perfect player to bring off the bench to kill a game.

Big assumption, that we'll be in a position where we want to kill off a game!

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Makes absolutely no sense

This is getting pretty desperate Ayew !!!

I’m beginning to suspect all the other names we have been linked with were a smokescreen. This is a classic Cooper signing.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

It'd be nice to get some players in to allow us to get to that stage

Yeah i'm not saying we should sign Ayew and then shut up shop.

Hlozek, Ayew and a maverick like Zaha would be a good end to the window and would mean we could lose Cannon, Wanya and potentially Daka.

2 minutes ago, georgelcfc34 said:

It doesn’t mean we are signing him to be a starter. He would be someone to come off the bench and hold the ball up/waste time late on in games. And when we desperately need a goal - he will be another body to throw on. 
Would be a good squad signing and is obviously also mates with zaha if he signs too.

Zaha will not sign, so he will not need his mate

I just hate that the club have felt the pressure from pre-season so released exciting links to the press. But this just might be all a PR stunt to claim we tried whilst,  actually waving the white flag and bringing in the bare minimum players. 

Id be this fuming if we were bringing him in for a year in the championship. he’s just this eras darrius vassell 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

if it was a mil i could maybe say alright; but 4 ****ing million

what is this ****ing club on, like really, so much for going back to the old transfer model

have to admit, ive never ever felt so disconnected and uninterested in a season about to start as this one

• Like 1

There hasn't been a whole lot of optimism around the club recently but the last few days it really did feel like it was starting to build slightly with links to Ioannidis, Zaha, Hlozek and now I can't help but feel like the club have deliberately tried to stamp it out by bidding for Ayew. 

Ofcourse it WASN'T deliberate but the end result is the same. Absolute dread for the season and an increasing indifference.