Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

58 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don't mind that. Much of our best business is done without the media getting a sniff of it ahead of time, which is probably a good thing given how bipolar we tend to be about transfer rumours - ecstatic one moment because we've been linked with an Argentinian wonderkid, then staring into the abyss the next moment because we've been linked with an average PL journeyman. 

Yeah bipolar....one's a very exciting prospect, and one's finished :D. Thought about that?

No worse than signing Bobby De-Cordova Reid.

Dunno why there are overreactions in here yet in the Reid thread people were saying he's a decent addition for us.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why are people blaming cooper ?  He doesn’t sign players 

the recruitment team are responsible for identifying targets (based on a range of requirements) 

the coach will be asked if he objects 

Where there you have it -Cooper should be frigging objecting then and If in doubt read through the transfer threads on FT.

This Club is becoming more like Standard Life every day - Pension Top- ups for ‘has been’ Footballers of ordinary talent.  Come on down Andros Townsend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No worse than signing Bobby De-Cordova Reid.

Dunno why there are overreactions in here yet in the Reid thread people were saying he's a decent addition for us.

Well the people complaining usually were mentioning his age, BDR still comfortably 31, whereas Ayew would be 33 in a couple of months, so definitely not the same (we'd give him a 3 year deal). You then consider signing him on top of BDR also adds to the skepticism.

Edited by TheGoldenGod

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

Well the people complaining usually were mentioning his age, BDR still comfortably 31, whereas Ayew would be 33 in a couple of months, so definitely not the same. You then consider signing him on top of BDR also adds to the skepticism.

I don't think age really came into my thinking considering our best striker is 37.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think age really came into my thinking considering our best striker is 37.

Yeah Jamie Vardy is the rule tbf.......How is keeping our greatest ever player at 37 when we signed him at 26/27 comparable to signing a 33 year old who's best described as bang average?

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Has this bloke ever had a good season? Seems to just bounce around Prem clubs collecting wages.

I think I read that the most goals scored in a season was 5 

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

You don’t go from signing young and hungry players like Abdul, Hermansen and Yunus last summer to signing “premier league proven” muck like Ayew without the new managers preference and influence. 

Steve Cooper needs to get with the program or get in the ****ing bin. 

To be clear, I don't believe this rumour in the slightest. 

But if we do end up signing players like Ayew then the real issue is Rudkin isn't it. 

The transfer philosophy should be his philosophy, not whatever the head coach wants it to be. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

we’re locked in to go down, just sign players with a focus on the future. No point clogging up the club with signings like this 

This is the point, though. The club absolutely is not planning for us to go down this season - the plan is very much to stay up. The decision seems to have been made that we need experienced PL players to achieve this, which would be fine if we balanced that with exciting young players with huge upside potential. It's the lack of the latter type of signing that is making people anxious that we're focusing too much on the former.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

To be clear, I don't believe this rumour in the slightest. 

But if we do end up signing players like Ayew then the real issue is Rudkin isn't it. 

The transfer philosophy should be his philosophy, not whatever the head coach wants it to be. 

The way the club is set up from my understanding when it comes to transfers is the manager says the position he wants to recruit in, Martyn Glover then takes prospects to the manager and together they come to an agreement on who to pursue from the list of players put forward by the analysts and scouts in Glover’s department. Then it’s down to Rudkin to negotiate with the clubs and get the deal over the line. 

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is the point, though. The club absolutely is not planning for us to go down this season - the plan is very much to stay up. The decision seems to have been made that we need experienced PL players to achieve this, which would be fine if we balanced that with exciting young players with huge upside potential. It's the lack of the latter type of signing that is making people anxious that we're focusing too much on the former.

you don’t stay up because of players like bdr and ayew … they are squad fillers that allow the superstars to win the games… we don’t have a mahrez, toney, mitrovic, eze, MGW to keep us in the league… I just think we have too much to do, especially with a big punishment pending.  

We need a striker badly, get a 15 goal player and we have a sniff otherwise this could get embarrassing 

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The way the club is set up from my understanding when it comes to transfers is the manager says the position he wants to recruit in, Martyn Glover then takes prospects to the manager and together they come to an agreement on who to pursue from the list of players put forward by the analysts and scouts in Glover’s department. Then it’s down to Rudkin to negotiate with the clubs and get the deal over the line. 

Yeah and that's the issue. 

What we should have is a sporting director / director of football who is squad building with a long term vision for the club. 

You obviously give your head coach input but they absolutely shouldn't be on point alone with the head of recruitment. 

• Like 1