Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

4mil for a 32yr old(33 in september), this ****ing club

That isn’t a problem in itself. It’s small money for a Premier League side, even us, that kind of money is chucked at season loans.

It’s the quality of the player more so than the age or £4mill. Very underwhelming and wouldn’t add what we need.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I just hate that the club have felt the pressure from pre-season so released exciting links to the press. But this just might be all a PR stunt to claim we tried whilst,  actually waving the white flag and bringing in the bare minimum players. 

Id be this fuming if we were bringing him in for a year in the championship. he’s just this eras darrius vassell 

Not sure employing Cooper will help the cause to bring in players of a higher standard tbh but then it goes back to the club for employing him.

That's my thought anyway

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

This is getting pretty desperate Ayew !!!

I’m beginning to suspect all the other names we have been linked with were a smokescreen. This is a classic Cooper signing.

Pin the tactics on Cooper.

But the recruitment and signings are the people above. I can only imagine his reaction when he asked for creativity and they said "we can scramble some coins together for Jordan Ayew"

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

£1mill per goal is great value.

Steve Howard scored 28 goals in 146 games for us but was a top player for us back in those days/league. Because he could hold the ball up, was a team player, was unselfish, could wind the opposition up and help the team win. 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Not sure employing Cooper will help the cause to bring in players of a higher standard tbh but then it goes back to the club for employing him.

That's my thought anyway

we all had our doubts. Wanted to give him a bit of a chance but it’s extremely difficult so far.  But we’ve got to at least give him something to work with. 

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

That isn’t a problem in itself. It’s small money for a Premier League side, even us, that kind of money is chucked at season loans.

It’s the quality of the player more so than the age or £4mill. Very underwhelming and wouldn’t add what we need.

well it is since we are up the duff PSR wise, spending £4mil on a pretty bang average 32yr old then his wages over 50k a week, a 2/3yr deal, and no resale value either

just screams moronic to me

like what are they playing it really, give Alves a go, McAteer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, georgelcfc34 said:

Steve Howard scored 28 goals in 146 games for us but was a top player for us back in those days/league. Because he could hold the ball up, was a team player, was unselfish, could wind the opposition up and help the team win. 

Right but think about what I said.  £1mill per goal IS great value.

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if it was a mil i could maybe say alright; but 4 ****ing million

what is this ****ing club on, like really, so much for going back to the old transfer model

have to admit, ive never ever felt so disconnected and uninterested in a season about to start as this one

Unfortunately i don’t think there has been any suggestion at any point that we would be going back to the old proven model. 

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

"Within touching distance"

I'll bet it is. If they ask for £5m we'll probably pay it.

Joke.

Fair play to Palace if they can get that kind of money for such trash. Compare that to our failure to get a single penny for any of Cags, Youri and Nacho, all of whom are far superior players to Ayew.

• Like 2

After the "announcement soon" post earlier, if the announcement is Ayew, I'm burning down the stadium! This club can get to fck. But, hopefully it's not true and I can put the petrol back in the shed. 

I know I'm in the minority but I quite like this signing. We're obviously not signing him for his goals or to be the talisman, we want him to create the space and win the ball high up the pitch for others. An Okazaki type figure if you like. 

3 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Unfortunately i don’t think there has been any suggestion at any point that we would be going back to the old proven model. 

tbf some of the signings do then some dont, 

just dont get why we'd spend £4/5mil on a 32/33yr old, if he was a free transfer then sure

boggles