Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Just now, -sodapop said:

This is a bit of an overreaction on here if I'm honest, most Palace fans are saying they'd rather keep him at that price.

I'd understand if this was deadline day and ****-all else had been done but there's still a lot of time.

Agreed, he's not as bad as some people are making out. Not saying I'm in favour of this transfer. Far from it. Definitely far from a flashy or prolific player, but he is PL proven. 

I'm hoping if Hlozek and Zaha go through we won't actually need him. There's plenty of attacking options there to choose from. If we do sign Ayew though, he's a squad player and we just have to  hope it's a short contract. 

We need to target another midfielder because as good as Buoanatte might be, we can't solely rely on him for creativity.

• Like 1

For the person saying we've only looked at his stats and probably never seen him play... unfortunately, I can say I've seen this person on a football pitch too many times and can confirm the corner flag showed more promise at being a threat. This is so bad, and that's before a fee is even introduced. I wouldn't take him on a free.

• Like 3

Even Tanner on The Final Whistle podcast said signing Ayew would be "getting into desperation territory" and hopes we weren’t after him. He added "I’d be a little bit concerned" if this is true as would think he'd be at the lower end of our target list. 

I’d understand this if we didn’t get Buonanotte in on loan - they both mainly perform in the same metrics. 

If this is true, This just screams of us panicking as one of the other two signings out of Zaha and Fotis has failed. Hopefully we at least get one of the two plus Ayew at minimum if that is the case. 

I mean, we can't exactly splash cash can we?

I would like to think most of us knew last year that even if we went up that we would likely go straight back down to the championship the following season.

The moment we got relegated, our future was back to be the city of old (IMO). It is what it is, just accept it, move on and hope for a miracle this season.  If that comes with ayew, then it is what it is. If it comes with someone else great.

We have to watch the balance sheet and be Roma with our finances.

I don't see a lot of positives for this season but will remain hopeful of a miracle.

Edited by Jattdogg

When Cooper was asked about the Brighton lad signing his first response was ‘hes got Premier League experience’ so that is clearly one of the main priority factors for Cooper in his signings.. something Ayew has got plenty of. Unless Ayew turns us down id say this is nailed on. ‘Premier league experience’ usually adds a few £’s to the price tag so a bit of a weird strategy for a club on a shoestring budget and needing a large number of bodies

Edited by South Shire Fox

As I have said previously I think the link to names such as Zaha, Hzolek and the Greek lad have been leaked to make it look like we have pushed the boat out to try and sign top talent, when in reality we will narrowly miss out due to the complexity of the deals or conveniently gazumped like we were with Soule. 

We will then end up with Ayew and Bergwijn. 

I have zero faith in the manager or the people who run the club on a daily basis, do we honestly believe that BDR, Ayew, Bergwijn etc were on the list of prospective targets for Enzo, I very much doubt it, Cooper is a massive downgrade and will drag this club down ably assisted by Rudders and Top. 

• Like 3

Waiting patiently today for the Romano tweet  ''Here we go..........back to the Championship. 5 year contract with fee @ UKP 4 MILLION minus take offs.  Full refund once relegation confirmed in first week of March 2025.  

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As I have said previously I think the link to names such as Zaha, Hzolek and the Greek lad have been leaked to make it look like we have pushed the boat out to try and sign top talent, when in reality we will narrowly miss out due to the complexity of the deals or conveniently gazumped like we were with Soule. 

We will then end up with Ayew and Bergwijn. 

I have zero faith in the manager or the people who run the club on a daily basis, do we honestly believe that BDR, Ayew, Bergwijn etc were on the list of prospective targets for Enzo, I very much doubt it, Cooper is a massive downgrade and will drag this club down ably assisted by Rudders and Top. 

The snake Enzo that cleared off and left us as soon as he could you mean.