Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As I have said previously I think the link to names such as Zaha, Hzolek and the Greek lad have been leaked to make it look like we have pushed the boat out to try and sign top talent, when in reality we will narrowly miss out due to the complexity of the deals or conveniently gazumped like we were with Soule. 

We will then end up with Ayew and Bergwijn. 

I have zero faith in the manager or the people who run the club on a daily basis, do we honestly believe that BDR, Ayew, Bergwijn etc were on the list of prospective targets for Enzo, I very much doubt it, Cooper is a massive downgrade and will drag this club down ably assisted by Rudders and Top. 

Bergwijn would probably cost more than Hlozek and Zaha combined. If not  then not far from it. 

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

This has be a case of inciting a Riot on a social media platform ?  Come on get this man arrested and before the Courts Starmer!

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This has be a case of inciting a Riot on a social media platform ?  Come on get this man arrested and before the Courts Starmer!

Or is this simply pushing to Zaha's agent that we will just go elsewhere 

Gone quiet thank God.  May be Rudkin’s brother (who regularly posts on this sight) has alerted him that such a signing is not going to endear him to masses of FT members??

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Tbf a lot of Palace fans seem to rate him. Its paying a transfer fee for a 32 year old thats likely on 50-60k wages thats putting me off. Not sure why anyone would leave a more stable club in Palace for us apart from we’re offering him a lot more money.. which obviously we shouldnt be

But it this way, they are far more enthusiastic about keeping him than they are getting Zaha back. 

He is a hard working forward who holds the ball up well, and wins a lot of free kicks. I cant believe the angst against him. Yeah - he is not a prolific goal scorer, and no - he wont have any re-sale value. Seems like the negativity transfer from Ayoze has arrived for a player who hasnt even signed for us. Think Fatawu could learn a lot from him. I would welcome him here.

I really do not understand this thread.

Palace fans love him, can play in loads of positions and is a consistent top flight player. At 31 he's got a few years left in the tank and he's cheap.

I can understand being underwhelmed but the massive negativity seems over the top!

IMO he would be the Marc Albrighton replacement and Hlozek would be the Iheanacho replacement. Both feel like upgrades at this stage of their careers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Palace fans love him, can play in loads of positions and is a consistent top flight player. At 31 he's got a few years left in the tank and he's cheap.

I can understand being underwhelmed but the massive negativity seems over the top!

IMO he would be the Marc Albrighton replacement and Hlozek would be the Iheanacho replacement. Both feel like upgrades at this stage of their careers.

That may have been the case but he's 33 in 4 weeks time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Rain King said:

That may have been the case but he's 33 in 4 weeks time.

:D 

Fair enough, I think I got his age mixed up with Zaha!

But he still started most games last season for a team that finished 10th.

He can be an asset next season - on the pitch and supporting players like Mavididi and Fatawu off it!

59 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

If you literally mean the replacement for sharkey who played little games last season and was still fantastic behind the scenes - we could have just signed him to another year …..if you mean to replace Albrighton at his peak then Ayew was never even close to Marc’s ability or impact - I cannot on all counts see why we spend a transfer fee on him - if he was free I could see it but otherwise a complete backward step …

• Like 1

My concern over Ayew (and BDCR) is both age and that whilst they were both liked by their respective fans, they were both support players, neither were game changers and Ayew excelled in a team were the heavy work was done by a combination of Olise, Eze and Mateta. Ayew’s energy was a great addition but he was not their game changer. Here at Leicester we really need some key top level potential game changers and not more and more support players. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

My concern over Ayew (and BDCR) is both age and that whilst they were both liked by their respective fans, they were both support players, neither were game changers and Ayew excelled in a team were the heavy work was done by a combination of Olise, Eze and Mateta. Ayew’s energy was a great addition but he was not their game changer. Here at Leicester we really need some key top level potential game changers and not more and more support players. 

What if we see Mavididi and Fawatu as our primary game changers on the wings… but feel we need backup / support in those areas of the pitch?

*Having these two in the squad also allow’s McAteer to go out on loan 

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

:D 

Fair enough, I think I got his age mixed up with Zaha!

But he still started most games last season for a team that finished 10th.

He can be an asset next season - on the pitch and supporting players like Mavididi and Fatawu off it!

If Fatawu and Mavididi need emotional support, I'm sure Top will buy them a fvcking Labrador! What the team needs is goals. Pure and simple. He doesn't score them or create them so we don't need him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Which player did Reid replace? 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

But it this way, they are far more enthusiastic about keeping him than they are getting Zaha back. 

in the same way our fans would be more enthusiastic about albrighton staying then having chilwell come back.

Ones way more popular but football based opinion would tell you chillwell would be a better deal for the club 

• Like 2