Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

If we had signed zaha and the other 2 lads who names I can’t say this week the attitude to Ayew would be very different- in isolation 3 million for a really experienced prem level player coming off a really good season to be a squad player for us would be decent business - without the other bigger starting players it just seems crap - I get that but he isn’t a bad player for where we currently are 

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which was his highest goals and assists return in years.

His last three seasons looked as follows -

20/21: 1 goal, 3 assists

21/22: 3 goals, 3 assists

22/23: 4 goals, 3 assists

He turns 33 in less than 4 weeks and would be on a three year deal, no thank you.

Yet people were having a wank fest over Zaha initially, with 7 goals and 2 assists the last time he played in the prem and just had the same goals and assists as Under in the Turkish league even though Under played 400 minutes less.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You don’t think a guy with over 500 games across his career has picked up any meaningful experience in that time? 

You don’t think Fawatu might look up to and enjoy being in a squad with someone who’s gained over 100 caps for Ghana? 

Lovely sentiment, but please no more.

Had a terrible day at work, please just no more of this 😂

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

If we had signed zaha and the other 2 lads who names I can’t say this week the attitude to Ayew would be very different- in isolation 3 million for a really experienced prem level player coming off a really good season to be a squad player for us would be decent business - without the other bigger starting players it just seems crap - I get that but he isn’t a bad player for where we currently are 

It's absolutley horrendous no matter how you dress it up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You don’t think a guy with over 500 games across his career has picked up any meaningful experience in that time? 

You don’t think Fawatu might look up to and enjoy being in a squad with someone who’s gained over 100 caps for Ghana? 

Lowest bar ever

1 minute ago, em9999 said:

They could put me up front and I could almost by accident score more assist and goals than ayew would 

4 goals and 7 assists last season for Palace.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yet people were having a wank fest over Zaha initially, with 7 goals and 2 assists the last time he played in the prem and just had the same goals and assists as Under in the Turkish league even though Under played 400 minutes less.

I think you’ve completely missed my point, someone suggested Ayew contributes with goals and assists.

His overall stats are hideous.

Zaha on the other hand scored double digits for Palace 3 times and was their talisman for years.

Zaha on loan was a win/win, Ayew on a three year deal is not.

i’m going to take my hysteria out of the equation and just look at the  rationale for a player like Ayew. 

Firstly, he’s a player that you have to ignore the stats for. He’s an Okazaki, which means he is there purely to make those around him better…he’s done that well.  I think, had we not wasted a spot on BDR I could possibly wrap my head around it.  We absolutely under no circumstances could start with him as our striker. That’s my biggest concern right now. If it’s done tomorrow there’s a very real chance we’d start with 

Ayew

Bdr.      Buonnanotte    Fatawu

That would be absolutely turgid.

If however we combine it with a strong forward Fotis/ Hlzek then he’s here as coverage for the front 3… doesn’t improve us at all but It would be a slight improvement in coverage. 

Problem is, in tougher games I think copper would rather have bdr and ayew than fatawu/mav or buonnanotte. 

Im in the acceptance stage because it’s going to happen. I’m not going to keep on with the negativity once it’s done, the player won’t deserve it and hopefully he’ll win a few of us over. He’s a good pro and will hopefully rub some of that off on mav and fatawu. 

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Considering they both played in Ghana's WCQ win just 8 weeks ago I would think Fatawu knows who he is (Ayew got a hat-trick btw).

Well I wasn't being deadly serious, Fatawu has bags of confidence pretty sure we have coaches at the club and signing Ayew will not make a difference to his career imo.

Maybe it is just about tolerable if we had t signed BDCR....to have them both is absolutely ghastly. The grimmest if grim. Even Sheffield United would wobble at this, 

Shades of the summer we got Scimeca, Steve Howey,  LesFerdinand, Dabizas and Keith Gillespie all on frees as we were totally broke

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think you’ve completely missed my point, someone suggested Ayew contributes with goals and assists.

His overall stats are hideous.

Zaha on the other hand scored double digits for Palace 3 times and was their talisman for years.

Zaha on loan was a win/win, Ayew on a three year deal is not.

I think the point was someone said he contributed no assists and no goals. Which isn’t the case. Zaha costing 10m on the accounts isn’t win win baring in mind where we are with PSR and it being a reduced amount of £83m. I’m not an advocate for Ayew either, but if the incompetent club/scouting department can’t identify talented youngsters to fulfil the squad needs and potentially sell for a profit at a later date. I’d rather start the season with Ayew in the squad than no signing.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Maybe it is just about tolerable if we had t signed BDCR....to have them both is absolutely ghastly. The grimmest if grim. Even Sheffield United would wobble at this, 

Shades of the summer we got Scimeca, Steve Howey,  LesFerdinand, Dabizas and Keith Gillespie all on frees as we were totally broke

Tbf Sir Les was a decent signing.  He had a good run with us that season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry to be a weirdo but we signed Dabizas in the January.

• Like 1

It's worth noting in seasons when he's played for PL teams very much in the lower half of the table where wins are at a premium and goals scored equally as scarce, he's one of the worst performing wingers who's played consistently 30+ games a season that I can recall in the last decade.

This would be like employing a landscape gardener to do haircuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3