Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Atmosphere is going to turn ugly very quickly this season.

Feel for Cooper, manager always takes the brunt of it but he's got absolutely **** all to work with as it stands. 

Won't help his case one bit that A) he's Ex Forest, and B) we've heard all the same stuff he's likely to blame before from Rodgers 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Maybe it is just about tolerable if we had t signed BDCR....to have them both is absolutely ghastly. The grimmest if grim. Even Sheffield United would wobble at this, 

Shades of the summer we got Scimeca, Steve Howey,  LesFerdinand, Dabizas and Keith Gillespie all on frees as we were totally broke

True, but worse now. At least in that summer we strengthened the squad and whilst it wasn’t great we were competitive at times, with a couple of brilliant night (Leeds at home for example) - so far this summer we are significantly weaker than what we came up with. We barely have 20 senior outfield professionals. Squad depth horrific. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Feel for Cooper, manager always takes the brunt of it but he's got absolutely **** all to work with as it stands. 

Was always going to be the case. We’re not an attractive prospect with the points deduction hanging over us 

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I don’t know, I can’t help shake that Cooper has pushed for “experienced PL players”.

Would Enzo have genuinely filled our squad with both Ayew and Reid?

Edited by SafewayFox

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's worth noting in seasons when he's played for PL teams very much in the lower half of the table where wins are at a premium and goals scored equally as scarce, he's one of the worst performing wingers who's played consistently 30+ games a season that I can recall in the last decade.

This would be like employing a landscape gardener to do haircuts.

It’s the type of signing Mike Ashley led Newcastle would make. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm wondering if he'll resign 

I think he will be gone by November at this rate whether that’s resignation or sacking. 

This window has been an utter shambles and yet Rudkin and the board will still be in post this time next year.

So fed up with things 

6 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

True, but worse now. At least in that summer we strengthened the squad and whilst it wasn’t great we were competitive at times, with a couple of brilliant night (Leeds at home for example) - so far this summer we are significantly weaker than what we came up with. We barely have 20 senior outfield professionals. Squad depth horrific. 

Yeah, tbh, what we did with more or less zero money was great work and very nearly kept us up. In fact, we were good enough to stay up. We blew it. 

This summer is more.like the following summer where Adams couldn't cope on his own without Bassett and signed Dublin, Connolly, Keown and luckily failed.to.land a woeful Jason Mcateer 

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, tbh, what we did with more or less zero money was great work and very nearly kept us up. In fact, we were good enough to stay up. We blew it. 

This summer is more.like the following summer where Adams couldn't cope on his own without Bassett and signed Dublin, Connolly, Keown and luckily failed.to.land a woeful Jason Mcateer 

Yep that’s the summer window comparison there. Absolute shitshow which pretty much led to 5 years of shite. History repeating itself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I think he will be gone by November at this rate whether that’s resignation or sacking. 

This window has been an utter shambles and yet Rudkin and the board will still be in post this time next year.

So fed up with things 

One thing's for sure ....the post relegation inquiry  commissioned by - and then conducted by - Rudkin and Whelan will fully exonerate.Rudkin and Whelan

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

One thing's for sure ....the post relegation inquiry  commissioned by - and then conducted by - Rudkin and Whelan will fully exonerate.Rudkin and Whelan

I'm suspecing @Babylon conducted the post 2022/23 inquiry and review of the mistakes made. Rudkin and Whelan fully exonerated. lol 

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Was always going to be the case. We’re not an attractive prospect with the points deduction hanging over us 

I honestly can't remember us going into a season so devoid of hope or enthusiasm as a fanbase. Even in the dark years of the mid 2000s I always felt like we might do something (until the season started). Couple it with the corporate decision-making, it's going to be vile.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I don’t know, I can’t help shake that Cooper has pushed for “experienced PL players”.

Would he bollox.  He wouldn't have entertained the thought of them 

28 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Might be an element of that, to be fair. Either that, or he knew he'd only be able to sign players of that ilk and jumped ship lol