Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I honestly can't remember us going into a season so devoid of hope or enthusiasm as a fanbase. Even in the dark years of the mid 2000s I always felt like we might do something (until the season started). Couple it with the corporate decision-making, it's going to be vile.

I quite agree..  I honestly thought we’d get two or three players. We are now going to get spanked every week and the club don’t seem to be bothered. Whatever the financial reasons, we are going to be embarrassed on the pitch. 
Even Ipswich have spent £72m on young players, but they’ve given themselves a chance. We will be battered every week, so embarrassing!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I quite agree..  I honestly thought we’d get two or three players. We are now going to get spanked every week and the club don’t seem to be bothered. Whatever the financial reasons, we are going to be embarrassed on the pitch. 
Even Ipswich have spent £72m on young players, but they’ve given themselves a chance. We will be battered every week, so embarrassing!!!

Ipswich don’t have PL financial hangovers like us, Southampton seem to be sensible and we are just……inexplicable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ipswich don’t have PL financial hangovers like us, Southampton seem to be sensible and we are just……inexplicable.

What makes it worse, is when we inevitably get spanked by Spurs at the weekend, possible signings are gonna look at us and think; nah forget that move! 

It’s only goi g to get harder for us.

We needed a better first bit of the window.

We needed a good pre season.

We must have a good start at home, to the season.

We’re going to get any of that. Shambles

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Forget it and keep the 4 million then. 

We actually need him with the injury situation so that would probably be worse for us. He’s a good player he’ll be fine for a couple of seasons.

29 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Can’t get Thai influencers on a parade if we aren’t winning promotion. Relegation is the only route to happiness 

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Whilst they don’t have players on higher wages like us, they do have meet a tighter threshold of PSR of £61m 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t get Thai influencers on a parade if we aren’t winning promotion. Relegation is the only route to happiness 

I just can’t envisage a worse season in prospect. Even when we’ve been promoted in past years, I’ve never been so disillusioned. I hope I am proved wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1972 Fox said:

I'm suspecing @Babylon conducted the post 2022/23 inquiry and review of the mistakes made. Rudkin and Whelan fully exonerated. lol 

I’m suspecting you can’t read along with some other people on here.

If this does happen, I’m going to abandon any hope of us staying up this season.

I know he’s a grafter and is a team work player, however it’s as inspiring as getting a pair of slippers for your birthday. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

If this does happen, I’m going to abandon any hope of us staying up this season.

I know he’s a grafter and is a team work player, however it’s as inspiring as getting a pair of slippers for your birthday. 

I would liken it more to novelty socks as the main present. Loads of hype and fanfare about this amazing present, then you open it and it’s a pair of garish socks with an inappropriate slogan on - back of the drawer they go.

i wonder when our marquee signing Jordan ayew will be announced.

Do you think his brother Andre might come too if we chuck an extra fiver in? We need all the bodies we can get at this rate.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

So, the youngsters hate it but the older lot are happy (and just glad the club remembered)?

6 hours ago, Sly said:

So is signing Bobby De-Cordova Reid.

• Like 2

I can see Charlie Austin being linked next.  Only 35 years old and has PL experience.  Him and Ayew would be a dream partnership.

15 hours ago, Wortho said:

Do you want us to keep spending then get another points deduction, we’ve not even received the first one yet.We can’t spend what the other two promoted clubs have, there run better than ours. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

So is signing Bobby De-Cordova Reid.

Oh, so fully agree. 

One pair of slippers is bad enough. No one needs a second pair. 

Just now, Sly said:

Oh, so fully agree. 

One pair of slippers is bad enough. No one needs a second pair. 

Oh please, upstairs pair, downstairs pair, and perhaps even a pair for the shed.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Oh please, upstairs pair, downstairs pair, and perhaps even a pair for the shed.

Maybe it’s just me that takes me shoes off and walks around in socks then :D

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you walk around in my shed in your socks, you had it coming. :nono:

I don’t enter my shed. It’s full of things that have 8 legs and I don’t want to get bitten again.