Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The way the club is set up from my understanding when it comes to transfers is the manager says the position he wants to recruit in, Martyn Glover then takes prospects to the manager and together they come to an agreement on who to pursue from the list of players put forward by the analysts and scouts in Glover’s department. Then it’s down to Rudkin to negotiate with the clubs and get the deal over the line. 

This is frightening 

20 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm a bit crap amd other teams set ups.

Did Palace play him in a front 2? How did he get such regular game time with such a poor return?

Hodgson was their manager 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah and that's the issue. 

What we should have is a sporting director / director of football who is squad building with a long term vision for the club. 

You obviously give your head coach input but they absolutely shouldn't be on point alone with the head of recruitment. 

Obviously every club differs in how much influence managers have on recruitment, but if you imagine a scale from l-r, with transfers being solely down to the director of football on the left, and solely down to the manager on the right, I'd say we're comfortably on the right-hand side. But I think most clubs in this country would be too.

The Red Bull model of employing a head coach with little input on transfers may have worked in some clubs, but it doesn't seem to have caught on too much here. And the few clubs that have tried it - eg, Chelsea - have encountered problems in having squads full of players unsuited to the way the manager wants to play.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No worse than signing Bobby De-Cordova Reid.

Dunno why there are overreactions in here yet in the Reid thread people were saying he's a decent addition for us.

Well Reid was free, but most importantly in this regard, we now already have Reid!  Why would we add yet another player of a similar ilk? Sign Ayew, then look for another forward who scores about 6 goals a season. Maupay it is!

• Like 2

I’m not blown away by the Aries signing if I’m honest. Adding Ayew into the mix as well ….

I’m hoping this is Nixon fishing, or maybe he was considered an alternative at some point. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

To be clear, I don't believe this rumour in the slightest. 

But if we do end up signing players like Ayew then the real issue is Rudkin isn't it. 

The transfer philosophy should be his philosophy, not whatever the head coach wants it to be. 

The real issue is Rudkin regardless of the authenticity of this ridiculous rumor.

The locking of this thread due to him not signing will be as pleasurable as seeing your mother- law clean shaven on Christmas Day.

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

You don’t go from signing young and hungry players like Abdul, Hermansen and Yunus last summer to signing “premier league proven” muck like Ayew without the new managers preference and influence. 

Steve Cooper needs to get with the program or get in the ****ing bin. 

I don't even get the Prem proven argument with Ayew. He's proven to be probably in the bottom 25% of players in the league. What are we proving?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think we're going to be the lowest scorers by a distance if this is the route we're going up.

I think we will be anyway unless we get genuine quality up top, which isn't going to happen. Can't see many goals from central midfield so we're relying more on wingers.

Not looking forward to this season.

Just a thought, but I wonder if we did show interest at the time as  an alternative to Decodova Reid, it will have been highly likely we had 3 or 4 options of a similar profile and it could be that the Ayew enquiries did take place but didn’t progress. Doesn’t stop journos reporting it especially if it helps an agent mate keep his client’s name in the public domain to smoke out interest from other clubs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Fairly confident I could return more than 23 goals from 10 seasons in the Premier League.

I don't know whether this is a joke or not, but I 100% agree. I think most of the forum could. Genuinely.