Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

34 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I actually dont think hed be that bad in his last 280mins of foootball hes scored 6 goals. Hes also a creative player and proven at PL level

Proven in what sense? He's got about 30 goals in 250 PL games. It's grotesque stats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Proven in what sense? He's got about 30 goals in 250 PL games. It's grotesque stats.

Hes not a striker tho?

Comapre him with alot of other wingers stats? plus he has quite a few assists 

Edited by dylanlegend

9 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Hes not a striker tho?

Comapre him with alot of other wingers stats? plus he has quite a few assists 

He’s got less assists than he does have goals, 25 assists in 275 PL appearances 👀

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

absolutely honking, 6m fee and a 80k/week 3 year contract incoming 

No way will it be 80k a week.

the reason we are linked to players like this and BDCR is due to FFP.

We are quick to moan when we massivkey overspend (based on FFP anyway) but this is the new reality if we want to comply with FFP.

Thats why the FFP rule makers are the ones we should be more p*ssed off with than the owners. They need to adjust the rules its penalises the sides with lower incomes and our income is one of the lowest

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Cooper is filling the squad with mediocre journeymen who we will be stuck with you for years. It's so depressing. 

Agreed, it reflects the managerial appointment of copper on the first place. We can all see it but unfortunately the board aren’t. It’s a real shame but it won’t change until Top either leaves or wakes up and  surround himself with people who know what they are doing. I don’t know who it is, but go out with your wallet open and go and get the best DOF and recruitment team you can. 👌 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Cooper is filling the squad with mediocre journeymen who we will be stuck with you for years. It's so depressing. 

Tbf, we offered Vesty, Reid and Wilf contracts before Cooper got here.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Finally a good source confirms it… ffs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/19/leicester-city-premier-league-ready-steve-cooper-summer/

Leicester have offered £4 million for Crystal Palace forward Jordan Ayew

Cooper really is clueless. He'll probably be sacked before the end of the season but he is doing untold damage saddling us with ageing journeymen on big wages for years. We're going to end up being the new Stoke. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

If it's a two year contract, and he's supplementary to another younger signing as well I don't mind him signing. But we know we hand out three year contracts and honestly the last thing we need right now is another aging player on three years. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

No way will it be 80k a week.

the reason we are linked to players like this and BDCR is due to FFP.

We are quick to moan when we massivkey overspend (based on FFP anyway) but this is the new reality if we want to comply with FFP.

Thats why the FFP rule makers are the ones we should be more p*ssed off with than the owners. They need to adjust the rules its penalises the sides with lower incomes and our income is one of the lowest

Whilst agree with most of this one of the things I do blame the club for is voting in favour of these rules. What were they thinking?

7 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Whilst agree with most of this one of the things I do blame the club for is voting in favour of these rules. What were they thinking?

We didn't vote for their implementation, I don't believe we were in the league for that vote. I think we've voted on changes though. Can't remember exactly, we've been over this before in other threads. 

I can’t see why Ayew would come on a short contract if he is still getting game time at Palace

I’d be tempted to look at Whittaker at Plymouth can play attacking midfield or RW bagged 19 last year and is only 23 so good investment 

Edited by Edingleyfox