Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If its Ayew, it will undo all the positivity created last night. Rudders DO NOT DO THIS TO US.  

In what way?

Last night would have been absolutely perfect for Ayew to come off the bench and win freekicks up the pitch.

Obviously he's not a flashy player who is going to score 20 goals for us but that doesn't mean he'd be without value.

He's got all the experience in the world and would come here for next to nothing. I think it would be a very smart signing, provided we can also get a more proven goalscorer in alongside him.

• Like 4

Ayew is the kind of player you bring on to see out a one nil lead. Someone you can trust not to do anything stupid, hold up the ball and defend from the front. I think we're going to need that type of player this season. 

He can't be our only attacking singing through as he's just not creativity enough. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Ayew is the kind of player you bring on to see out a one nil lead. Someone you can trust not to do anything stupid, hold up the ball and defend from the front. I think we're going to need that type of player this season. 

He can't be our only attacking singing through as he's just not creativity enough. 

Exactly. Mavididi proved that he's not the man for it last night. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mavididi was excellent when he came on

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think he held the ball up once.

6 minutes ago, ronnup said:

This is madness

Don’t think it helped that we had Bouba as the furthest forward in a position he didn’t seem to know. Does he break out or stay put ??   Two players in unfamiliar positions and I thought it showed.  But we were backs to the wall for the last fifteen mins and that’s never easy. 

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In what way?

Last night would have been absolutely perfect for Ayew to come off the bench and win freekicks up the pitch.

Obviously he's not a flashy player who is going to score 20 goals for us but that doesn't mean he'd be without value.

He's got all the experience in the world and would come here for next to nothing. I think it would be a very smart signing, provided we can also get a more proven goalscorer in alongside him.

Just don't want him end of. One older player like that to is fine but not 2 - and we've already got Reid. We need more flair, not more grunt and effort. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You're a wrongun I'm afraid! Agenda stinks...

Starting to think some people on here are either Rudkin or family members.

Stephy was quality when he came on and I know that I’d rather add another in someone like Asprilla than a nearly 33 year old Ayew.

Our squads value must be the lowest it’s been under the KP/PL era and adding aging squad players won’t help with that.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Micky said:

Is that what you've been told?

I'm no ITK, but I was told we would get Oliver Skipp late on in the transfer window, I even posted on here. 

I was also told we have shown a lot of interest in Asprilla, he is a top target for us this window. 

Also the player is keen on staying in England. 

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

Feel like we need a ST, 10 (one of which who can cover a wing) and a LB. You’d expect at least one of these being a late loan as clubs look to trim their squads (I’m looking at you Chelsea!). Not sure Ayew covers either of these options.

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Feel like we need a ST, 10 (one of which who can cover a wing) and a LB. You’d expect at least one of these being a late loan as clubs look to trim their squads (I’m looking at you Chelsea!). Not sure Ayew covers either of these options.

I'd only get a LB if you could move on Thomas otherwise there's too many bodies to fill that postion. JJ can play there and VK was absolutely immense 2nd half last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Does the 10 need to cover a wing as correct me if i' wrong Buonanotte can play wide too can't he? I think we want a bigger "Target" type striker as Cooper mentions different types.

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

Does the 10 need to cover a wing as correct me if i' wrong Buonanotte can play wide too can't he? I think we want a bigger "Target" type striker as Cooper mentions different types.

Agree we need a bigger target man type number 9, then we only have Buonanotte as a 10 so cover there. Maybe our wing options are ok then.

Don't mind him IF the price is right. What can't be the case is signing only ayew. Need more bodies and younger players. Experienced pro and has gotten better with age. 

58 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In what way?

Is Ayew the best our Recruitment Team come up with?  Do me a favor....... really.      Total waste of money.

54 minutes ago, ronnup said:

This is madness

41 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You're a wrongun I'm afraid! Agenda stinks...

Agenda? What would that be?

35 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Starting to think some people on here are either Rudkin or family members.

Stephy was quality when he came on and I know that I’d rather add another in someone like Asprilla than a nearly 33 year old Ayew.

Our squads value must be the lowest it’s been under the KP/PL era and adding aging squad players won’t help with that.

Sorry I don't think you've understood where i'm coming from.

He was great when he got on the ball. We know Mavididi is a quality player in that regard.

But as the lone striker when we're holding on for a point we need someone that will hold the ball and get us up the pitch and Mavididi simply is not that sort of player. Plenty of times he was asked to make runs down the wings and he and Soumare were just sat in the centre circle not showing for the ball.

Mavididi should start but we need options off the bench that will come on to help us see games out.

For 4m and 25k a week Ayew offers that. No he won't take it round three players and put in a wicked cross to break a side like Forest/Ipswich down like Mavididi was but against clubs like Spurs/Liverpool/Brighton that will make us suffer off the ball, we need players that can get the ball and look after it. We do not have a player like that.

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If it was Ayew coming on instead of Soumare last night that would have improved that situation no end.

Bit of a Moneyball signing.

Exactly what i'm saying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Agenda? What would that be?

Sorry I don't think you've understood where i'm coming from.

He was great when he got on the ball. We know Mavididi is a quality player in that regard.

But as the lone striker when we're holding on for a point we need someone that will hold the ball and get us up the pitch and Mavididi simply is not that sort of player. Plenty of times he was asked to make runs down the wings and he and Soumare were just sat in the centre circle not showing for the ball.

Mavididi should start but we need options off the bench that will come on to help us see games out.

For 4m and 25k a week Ayew offers that. No he won't take it round three players and put in a wicked cross to break a side like Forest/Ipswich down like Mavididi was but against clubs like Spurs/Liverpool/Brighton that will make us suffer off the ball, we need players that can get the ball and look after it. We do not have a player like that.

Mavididi not being a striker does not mean we have to settle for Jordan no goals Ayew

• Like 1