Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

11 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If it was Ayew coming on instead of Soumare last night that would have improved that situation no end.

Bit of a Moneyball signing.

Absolutely. Too much reviewing of signings in isolation, rather than their impact/value to the team.

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Absolutely. Too much reviewing of signings in isolation, rather than their impact/value to the team.

I agreee, I just worry it will be 3 years and a fair wedge. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t think it helped that we had Bouba as the furthest forward in a position he didn’t seem to know. Does he break out or stay put ??   Two players in unfamiliar positions and I thought it showed.  But we were backs to the wall for the last fifteen mins and that’s never easy. 

I actually think I saw Bouba sprint twice too :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

At scoring and assisting goals? Yes. He is undoubtedly poor at that. But so was Shinji Okazaki and i'd wager you love him as much as I do.

Point is that there is much more to being a striker than simply putting the ball in the net.

He's not the sort of player I would want to see us starting every single game but he's got an excellent attitude, he's got all the experience in the world, on very small wages and offers us something completely different to any striker on the bench. As I said to the bloke next to me at the game last night. I wished we could have brought a player like Ayew off the bench when Spurs were turning the screw. I don't think the people in this thread realise how good he is at winning the ball back high up the pitch and then getting fouled. He's mastered it. Only Saka won more tackles in the Premier League last season (66 to Ayew's 65) and Saka played about 500 minutes more.

He was also fouled 93 times last season which shows how good he is at keeping the ball and getting his team up the pitch. Only Bruno Guimares at Newcastle fouled more but he had about 1k more minutes played.

So no, he's not shit. He offers a valuable set of skills for a team that will be pinned in a lot this season when we've got 10-15 minutes to go. For £4m and relegation clauses for the same deal he has at Palace (just shy of £20k a week) I really don't think you can go wrong.

🎣

He is not on small wages and there's interest from Saudi League. We aren't getting him on the cheap if we sign him.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not on small wages and there's interest from Saudi League. We aren't getting him on the cheap if we sign him.

Every internet source (never 100% accurate but also never far from the truth) has him between about 15k and 25k a week. Looks like he agreed reduced terms on his last deal with Palace where he was on about £35k a week before.

Edited by AKCJ

Have to say if they're making coy but specific references to bringing in a number 10 to strengthen the team and it turns out to be Jordan Ayew they're talking about, you'd have to stand back and admire it, some banter that.

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Have to say if they're making coy but specific references to bringing in a number 10 to strengthen the team and it turns out to be Jordan Ayew they're talking about, you'd have to stand back and admire it, some banter that.

Cooper never said #10 specifically. That came from a poorly worded question. 

He said he hoped to have one or two attacking players in before Fulham...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

At scoring and assisting goals? Yes. He is undoubtedly poor at that. But so was Shinji Okazaki and i'd wager you love him as much as I do.

Point is that there is much more to being a striker than simply putting the ball in the net.

He's not the sort of player I would want to see us starting every single game but he's got an excellent attitude, he's got all the experience in the world, on very small wages and offers us something completely different to any striker on the bench. As I said to the bloke next to me at the game last night. I wished we could have brought a player like Ayew off the bench when Spurs were turning the screw. I don't think the people in this thread realise how good he is at winning the ball back high up the pitch and then getting fouled. He's mastered it. Only Saka won more tackles in the Premier League last season (66 to Ayew's 65) and Saka played about 500 minutes more.

He was also fouled 93 times last season which shows how good he is at keeping the ball and getting his team up the pitch. Only Bruno Guimares at Newcastle fouled more but he had about 1k more minutes played.

So no, he's not shit. He offers a valuable set of skills for a team that will be pinned in a lot this season when we've got 10-15 minutes to go. For £4m and relegation clauses for the same deal he has at Palace (just shy of £20k a week) I really don't think you can go wrong.

🎣

The Spurs match made me see the light on this one. If we could get him on sensible terms, I'm in.

On 20/08/2024 at 09:05, Mike Oxlong said:

Warwick Davis would have been a fvckin improvement 

Warwick will be too expensive. And if we're playing wingers I think Windsor Davies would be a better target man. Also, as he's been dead five years we'd get him on a free 

... probably.

3 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Warwick will be too expensive. And if we're playing wingers I think Windsor Davies would be a better target man. Also, as he's been dead five years we'd get him on a free 

... probably.

I bet he would still track back better than Soumare....

9 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I bet he would still track back better than Soumare....

I think the home technical area at the KP needs an exorcism. For years now, managers have been possessed when making utterly bizarre substitutions -- that being the latest of them 👻👹

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

🎣

TBH Okazaki only worked because Vardy and Mahrez were on fire for that period. Vardy's going to be 38 soon and cannot sustain that number of games and goals. Daka is injured but not the goalscorer we hoped. Cannon is not getting a game for whatever reason. Therefore our primary target shouldn't be a guy that runs alot and wins fouls, it should be someone who has the potential to get us 10 goals, something Ayew's never done. I could see the benefit in this, if we hadn't got Bobby.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

TBH Okazaki only worked because Vardy and Mahrez were on fire for that period. Vardy's going to be 38 soon and cannot sustain that number of games and goals. Daka is injured but not the goalscorer we hoped. Cannon is not getting a game for whatever reason. Therefore our primary target shouldn't be a guy that runs alot and wins fouls, it should be someone who can get us 10 goals, something Ayew's never done. I could see the benefit in this, if we hadn't got Bobby.

Scary when I saw this new post. I feared Rudkin's marbles had finally rolled away.