Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

As much as I hate to say this, this transfer makes sense and is most definitely a Steve Cooper signing.

Jordan Ayew has been a steady and consistent player for Crystal Palace and is already prem-proven.

We need that experience and level-headedness that Ayew brings in order to stay up and continue challenging in the Premier League.

To many's dismay, it's a definite yes from me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Iran said:

As much as I hate to say this, this transfer makes sense and is most definitely a Steve Cooper signing.

Jordan Ayew has been a steady and consistent player for Crystal Palace and is already prem-proven.

We need that experience and level-headedness that Ayew brings in order to stay up and continue challenging in the Premier League.

And play him where exactly?

9 minutes ago, Iran said:

By this logic Daka is prem proven? means nothing apart from he has proven he is not what we need. We have plenty of experience in the squad now. What we need are young hungry players that have a re sale value. We need assets that increase in value not depreciate. Need to think long term rebuild. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And play him where exactly?

I understand he's not an exciting player, but I see the logic in this transfer given the club's situation and I can see Steve Cooper's vision in pushing for this transfer. But to answer your question, I can imagine Cooper playing him on the wings (even if he doesn't start many games).

6 minutes ago, DezFox said:

By this logic daka is prem proven? means nothing

Brother, you can go to any stat aggregator of your choosing (your SofaScores, WhoScoreds, FotMobs, etc...) and see clear daylight in differences between Ayew and Daka in performances in the Premier League.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iran said:

I understand he's not an exciting player, but I see the logic in this transfer given the club's situation and I can see Steve Cooper's vision in pushing for this transfer. But to answer your question, I can imagine Cooper playing him on the wings (even if he doesn't start many games).

Brother, you can go to any stat aggregator of your choosing (your SofaScores, WhoScoreds, FotMobs, etc...) and see clear daylight in differences between Ayew and Daka in performances in the Premier League.

Yes, Daka actually scored goals. 

If we did have any genuine interest in Ayew though it would be because he scores in absurdly high percentiles for defensive contributions as a winger and Cooper is going to pretty much play the anti football he did at Forest. 

• Like 2

Ayew is surely an alternative to Reid, rather than a player to sign in addition to him. It's very sad to think that within 4 years of challenging for CL qualification 2 seasons running, we're now reduced to picking up scraps from the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace. Might as well sign Andros Townsend as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Ayew is surely an alternative to Reid, rather than a player to sign in addition to him. It's very sad to think that within 4 years of challenging for CL qualification 2 seasons running, we're now reduced to picking up scraps from the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace. Might as well sign Andros Townsend as well. 

And the recruitment of the likes of Bertrand in 2021 was like picking nuggets off the ground. Recruitment hasn't grabbed a decent appreciating talent since wantaway Fofana, its all gone a bit to shit for a good number of years now. Basically, since the Chairman passed on.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yes, Daka actually scored goals. 

If we did have any genuine interest in Ayew though it would be because he scores in absurdly high percentiles for defensive contributions as a winger and Cooper is going to pretty much play the anti football he did at Forest. 

He did also get 11 G+A in the league last year, which is pretty much his best ever PL output.

We would at least be getting him at his peak! :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Shit and uninspiring transfer link, just praying this doesn't happen.

Our business has been shit so far, signing yet another CB and squad player from Fulham, whilst selling our best player for peanuts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Iran said:

We aren't lacking PL experience in our squad. We are lacking PL ability and he doesn't have it. 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Agreed, which leads me back to my point as to why I'm saying this Ayew link probably shouldn't be as trivial or controversial as it's being made out.

A newly promoted Premier League club threatened with possible points reduction and new manager opts to buy an aging, but steady and consistent, Premier League proven player to add into the mix of young talent? Shocker, that.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

We aren't lacking PL experience in our squad. We are lacking PL ability and he doesn't have it. 

If he aligns with Steve Cooper's philosophy, then what's the problem?

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Not a fan of Fatawu then?

To be fair he was good in championship, yet to see if he is the talent we hope. Signs are good but not proven

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iran said:

If he aligns with Steve Cooper's philosophy, then what's the problem?

1. Old, 2. Will be on a wedge, 3. complete antithesis of what we should be after as a long term project, not a short term fix.

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He clearly isn’t a bad player - played loads for palace and I always think he looks relatively decent  - don’t mind the incoming abuse but I think for a small fee he would be a very decent squad player 

is he more prem proven than mavididi- yes

than Fatawu yes 

than mcateer yes 

than daka yes 

than cannon yes 

if Fatawu and mav are first choice wingers then reid and ayew are pretty decent back up in my view 

we need to stop quoting champions league and prem winners - we were a slightly better than average championship side last year - that’s where we are at - right there - we need cover and experience if we are going to stand a chance - 2 year deal - relatively low wages - all ok by me 

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Not a fan of Fatawu then?

Did pretty well in the championship- this year is a whole different level and he has bags and bags to prove that he can cut it at prem level - also he can’t play every game so we need cover