Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Just now, adam said:

We also need goals in the side. Can you describe Ayew as an attacker?

Well yes, he is, wins foul, gains yards, makes assists, but no question we need a guy who can stick it in the net as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Well yes, he is, wins foul, gains yards, makes assists, but no question we need a guy who can stick it in the net as well.

Gains yards? He's nearly 33. Won't be gaining many yards for long.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Exactly. He's pretty much the perfect striker for a relegation threatened team to bring off the bench in games when we're holding onto points or to start in seriously tough places to go.

We absolutely do need a genuine number 9 that can be relied upon to score 10-15 goals though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Micky said:

As much as you all don't not want to hear it, Ayew will be ideal in our team. He's horrible to play against, runs forever, wins free kicks, holds the ball up and gains yards. We could go out and buy some maverick who can do all the tricks but that's not what we need right now. 

You do realise that at 33 he will offer less and less of everything you just said.

There is a reason that all well run clubs offer very short (confidently say 12 months average) contract extensions to players when hit 30, it’s only a matter of time when their bodies just can’t do what they used too.

Plus you have had this knack to considerably inflate Ayew’s ability ever since his name has been linked.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

He's pretty much the perfect striker for a relegation threatened team

He's been relegated 3 times in his career, we'll be the fourth but at least he can con the ref here and there

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Yano what I don’t think it’s that bad. It’s prem experience and money is tight. The palace fans move him and I think he will fit in and do a decent job for us! Cannon is not good enough so at least ayew can do us a job.

• Like 1

I can’t actually understand why he would want to join us unless Cooper has guaranteed him game time. At this stage of his career does he really want his next move to be a relegation dog fight!?

surely a Saudi/Qatari tax haven is way more appealing 

Yes we got a decent result on Monday but our transfer movement has been poor. 6 mil on a 33 year old Ayew would top off one of our worst transfer windows in terms of player quality for the level we require and the amount we've spent on them.

We will be relying on players already at the club before the summer to keep us up.

2ish mill, 2 year deal and another 3m if we stay up I could get on board with as long as there’s another couple coming in, especially if Cannon going out. Not a bad bench option for a struggling team and sounds like his wages aren’t obscene…. but not someone who will improve the starting XI, and we need that too. 

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

I can’t actually understand why he would want to join us unless Cooper has guaranteed him game time. At this stage of his career does he really want his next move to be a relegation dog fight!?

surely a Saudi/Qatari tax haven is way more appealing 

Lets hope so

I don’t agree with the signing but I suppose the club will be thinking we have mavericks on the wing in Mavididi and Fatawu, who can be match winners but can also easily drop a 3/10, and whilst we think they can step up to the PL, we aren’t 100%, so If we can dip them in and out with seasoned PL wingers in Ayew and BDR who will give a 7/10 when called upon and with Ayew can act as 3rd choice forward too, must be the angle the club is thinking. 

Still need a 10 to compete with Buonanotte and a striker 

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

You do realise that at 33 he will offer less and less of everything you just said.

There is a reason that all well run clubs offer very short (confidently say 12 months average) contract extensions to players when hit 30, it’s only a matter of time when their bodies just can’t do what they used too.

Plus you have had this knack to considerably inflate Ayew’s ability ever since his name has been linked.

The length of the contract is presumably to reduce the PSR cost.

If he signs for say £6m, a one year contract would be on the books for £6m whereas a three year contract would be £2m per year. Probably very little returns if he stays that long, but at that price it's basically nothing each season.

Tbh I don't get why people are so upset about this. Yeah he's old and not a world beater, but he's been consistently picked for teams that had no trouble staying up. Palace message boards / Twitter suggests he's a tidy player they'll miss. Fingers crossed he does a job if he comes here.