Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

1 minute ago, escape2victory said:

I don’t agree with the signing but I suppose the club will be thinking we have mavericks on the wing in Mavididi and Fatawu, who can be match winners but can also easily drop a 3/10, and whilst we think they can step up to the PL, we aren’t 100%, so If we can dip them in and out with seasoned PL wingers in Ayew and BDR who will give a 7/10 when called upon and with Ayew can act as 3rd choice forward too, must be the angle the club is thinking. 

Still need a 10 to compete with Buonanotte and a striker 

I am not sure what game you watched on Monday if you think Cordova Reid will reliably provide a 7/10 performance when called upon. We will be lucky to see a 7/10 performance from him in his next 5 games.

3 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I don’t agree with the signing but I suppose the club will be thinking we have mavericks on the wing in Mavididi and Fatawu, who can be match winners but can also easily drop a 3/10, and whilst we think they can step up to the PL, we aren’t 100%, so If we can dip them in and out with seasoned PL wingers in Ayew and BDR who will give a 7/10 when called upon and with Ayew can act as 3rd choice forward too, must be the angle the club is thinking. 

Still need a 10 to compete with Buonanotte and a striker 

I bet Tom Cannon would bag more than 3 given the same game time and Mcateer, I'd rather give these players a chance to develop 

Edited by whoareyaaa

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

He's been relegated 3 times in his career, we'll be the fourth but at least he can con the ref here and there

You won't have to worry about it if you're not going to bother though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

How does he improve our squad?

He certainly doesn’t improve our starting 11 and it was clear to see that is needed on Monday.

We lack quality and filling it with a striker/winger that has scored 37 goals, 25 assists from 275 PL appearances and turns 33 in a couple of months will be a drain on our resources more than anything else.

I despise our board/top level management so much.

So you think Soumaré is a better option to have off the bench than Ayew? You think Fatawu is going to play every minute this season? You don’t want another option that can play up front? 
If you think he doesn’t improve our squad, then sorry but you are simply wrong.

We have obviously tried other options that haven’t come off. He is a good player, proven at a better team than ours. For this season, he will be a quality addition that works very hard and will give his all. That’s the kind of player we really need. 

Much like Skipp, a useful player that slightly strengthens the squad. Better players and better deals out there, but the club clearly have a vision that doesn't conform to most. Fingers crossed this turns out better than it looks on paper.

• Like 1

If we went into the season with just a  broken Daka, inexperienced Cannon and a near 38 year old Vardy there would be a meltdown.

Sign an experienced premier league and international striker for a pittance….. and there’s a meltdown 

• Like 3

On 18/08/2024 at 13:21, DezFox said:

This will be happening, at about 6 million and we all Fvcking know it. Horrific, hate it!!!!!!!

Now I’m not an ITK but I did call this 3 days ago (complete guess)  hate it more now. 😂

I look at it from a different angle - look at all the big signings that got everyone excited, but turned our to be poor. Off the top of my head, Musa, Slimani, Silva, Daka, Soumare et al. Sometimes it's the low key signings that do ok. I'm not saying Ayew will be a hit, but he maybe seen as a piece that fits the jigsaw that helps to keep us up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If we went into the season with just a  broken Daka, inexperienced Cannon and a near 38 year old Vardy there would be a meltdown.

Sign an experienced premier league and international striker for a pittance….. and there’s a meltdown 

It’s crazy the overreactions of people on here. Lots wanted Cooper sacked before a ball was kicked!