Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Unbelievable how palace have managed to get  6 million for him.

Genuine unbiased question:

Who else could you get in, that had 7 assists and 3 goals in the prem, last season, from the right hand wing (cus that’s where he played last season, and that’s where he’ll help us out), for £6m?

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

BdcR playerd 80 mins, Mavididi played 10. I'd call that ahead. 

When Mavididi came on, the difference between him, BdcR (and Vards tbf) was light years..

Then it was a success for the team to have them both then?

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Why the fook did we sign him then for a laugh 

Not being wise after the event, but it was absolutely baffling at the time. 

A relegated club on its financial knees with three highly paid strikers (all with PL goals) on the books....and we sign an unknown kid from Everton and as a double whammy,  rescue Everton's own financial woes at.our expense. 

To anyone that thinks Alan Nixon has a clue.

I bet you cn't wait to watch Graham Potter's blue army line up with the front three of Soule, Ayew and McAtee. Shame we lost Iversen to Derby though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If we went into the season with just a  broken Daka, inexperienced Cannon and a near 38 year old Vardy there would be a meltdown.

Sign an experienced premier league and international striker for a pittance….. and there’s a meltdown 

Hate this idea of ‘any signing is good because it’s a signing’. No we won’t be happy if forwards are not added to. This doesn’t mean you can’t make good progressive signings that are good value and within a long term plan project or even idea.  

We want additions to the squad, we just don’t want to overpay for a player that is mediocre and that we are stuck with for 3 years for no value.

I just mean there are more options than either sign Ayew or sign no one. There are other outcomes, outcomes I think will be more successful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Then it was a success for the team to have them both then?

Would prefer it the other way around. Mavididi is miles ahead of BdcR...ok, that's just my armchair punter opinion, but he looked it too. The difference was palpable 

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Mark Robins was 25 when we signed him?

Brian Deane would be a better example of an older striker coming in and doing well

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Would prefer it the other way around. Mavididi is miles ahead of BdcR...ok, that's just my armchair punter opinion, but he looked it too. The difference was palpable 

Perhaps we see it the other way around  for Fulham? Perhaps we wanted Bdcr to tire out the opposition before unleashing Stephy? Not sure, but there  are conceivable reasons that don`t involve one being shit and the other being good.

Quite obvious reading between the lines this was the deal Cooper was referring to after Spurs, the one that was close

4 minutes ago, Micky said:

People moaned about Ian Marshall, Mark Robins, Tony Cottee.... 

This is the same type of deal.

Cottee I accept. The other two,.nope. 

I'd liken the signing to Danny Cadamarteri. Dion Dublin maybe. David Connolly.  

It's an absolute shocker whichever way you spin it. 

3 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Hate this idea of ‘any signing is good because it’s a signing’. No we won’t be happy if forwards are not added to. This doesn’t mean you can’t make good progressive signings that are good value and within a long term plan project or even idea.  

We want additions to the squad, we just don’t want to overpay for a player that is mediocre and that we are stuck with for 3 years for no value.

I just mean there are more options than either sign Ayew or sign no one. There are other outcomes, outcomes I think will be more successful. 

Supposedly it’s £4m up front and he’s on £35k a week at Palace.

If there’s an ounce of truth in this there’s no overpaying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Cottee I accept. The other two,.nope. 

I'd liken the signing to Danny Cadamarteri. Dion Dublin maybe. David Connolly.  

It's an absolute shocker whichever way you spin it. 

defo not, he scored some goals for us and i think we made a profit on him too

• Thanks 1

Someone with PL experience who'll put in a shift...it may not be the most exciting signing we've ever made but if it helps to give our club a better chance of winning games, mustn't grumble. Even better if it allows us to jettison some of the dead wood (although I think losing Cannon will be a mistake)

I get the signing (sort of) he is another player that will put a shift in and can play across the front 3.

He’ll be in ahead of BDR when playing against better teams

Fee seem high but if we stay up no one will care about add on. 

Zaha would have been a much more exciting player.  Even Schlupp would have been a welcome return if all we are allowed to do is sign ex Crystal Palace players,