Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

As long as they contribute heavily towards us staying up and we haven't just pissed more money up the wall

We do seem stuck in that cycle though.

Spend money on player the current manager doesn’t seem to want. Then the new manager doesn’t want them either. Oh then because what we want for them and what we pay them no other club wants them.

Makes you wonder if the recruitment team Rudkin and manager of the day actually communicate and work together as a team.

Seems to me they all do what they want and fvck everyone else.

Don't fight it, feel it. If it happens, it happens. Support him from the sidelines, and I'm sure he will work like a dog for us on the pitch.

I reckon it will be Ayew and a nine. That's it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gloria said:

Don't fight it, feel it. If it happens, it happens. Support him from the sidelines, and I'm sure he will work like a dog for us on the pitch.

I reckon it will be Ayew and a nine. That's it. 

I'll raise you, Ayew, a 9 and a 10

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Thank god we got in Martyn Glover to unearth hidden gems like Ayew and BDCR lol 🚮 

He’s been tasked with getting premier league experienced players in by the manager, clearly. Percy intimated it and it’s backed up with our signings so far. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He’s been tasked with getting premier league experienced players in by the manager, clearly. Percy intimated it and it’s backed up with our signings so far. 

Which highlights everything wrong with our strategy. Or lack of strategy.

Just now, Babylon said:

This isn’t Glover, this is on the Manager and DoF as they have agreed to target a certain

profile of player. glover is then tasked with identifying players within that profile. 

I would suggest the profile is old, rank average and played the prem. Absolute dog muck of a strategy. 

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

I honestly dont think he’ll be that bad. I just dont want to pay a transfer fee for a soon to be 33 year old

It's the Prem baby, when do contracted players ever go for free?

Is there much point in us having a recruitment team?

Either they’re shit at their job, or Cooper and his back room staff are identifying players.

Either way, doesn’t seem much point in us having one!

Managers are so transient nowadays, it doesn’t seem like the right strategy to let them have a big say on the incomings.

37 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

To anyone that thinks Alan Nixon has a clue.

I bet you cn't wait to watch Graham Potter's blue army line up with the front three of Soule, Ayew and McAtee. Shame we lost Iversen to Derby though.

This will happen at least I think it’s true to this point. Derby did come in for iverson, we did get a bid accepted by roma for Soule and wasn’t potter pretty much signed but could not agree on staff? 

Fall back on the fact it’s Nixon but I think we all know that we have bid for him.  if the first bid was 4m as confirmed by Nixon, it will be around 6m. I really really hate it, but let not mess about, it’s happening 😟

I'm not a strategist, but that's ok as there appears to be plenty here already.

But to say a strategy is/was wrong, don't you first have to know the outcome?

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We’re not attractive to the top end players.

Too many ostriches on here.

If you don’t think we’re building for a year or two of ‘yo-yoing’, due mainly to the PSR breach, you’re deluded

So change tact.

Raid the Championship and throw our weight around - I don’t know similar to the likes of Bowen, Eze and Olise who all have been much better players in the PL than Ayew but weren’t from the “top end” that you reference.

Edited by SafewayFox