Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

16 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Don't fight it, feel it. If it happens, it happens. Support him from the sidelines, and I'm sure he will work like a dog for us on the pitch.

I reckon it will be Ayew and a nine. That's it. 

That’s the worry. 38 games and the pressure of an entire city on the shoulders of a 19 year old argentine then I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This isn’t Glover, this is on the Manager and DoF as they have agreed to target a certain

profile of player. glover is then tasked with identifying players within that profile. 

I would suggest the profile is old, rank average and played the prem. Absolute dog muck of a strategy. 

I’m not averse to a few older players so long as they are heavily supplemented by younger players also. 

A core of English players and a few older heads mixed in with some young and hungry players was Pearsons sort of MO.

I’m just not interested in another three year contract. Two years fine. 

• Like 3

Skipp, now Ayew. They may do well it’s hard to judge but come on Leicester this is painful. At least give the fans something to get excited about.

meanwhile the scum are dealing with decent players like Nketiah it’s just depressing 

oh, and both of these for 30 MILLION ENGLISH POUNDS just to make it worse 

Edited by JonnyBoy

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I honestly dont think he’ll be that bad. I just dont want to pay a transfer fee for a soon to be 33 year old

I think this is it right. £2m all in on a 1yr + 1yr option contract if he plays a certain amount of games and it’s not a bad deal….But you just know that we’re firing a 3yr deal his way and a much higher fee

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

For his hold up play and releasing Mavs/ Fats it’s a yes.

Seeing the one twos, hold ups and runners against Spurs I can see him doing ok. I can see him being there to hold it and feed the runners. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Skipp, now Ayew. They may do well it’s hard to judge but come on Leicester this is painful. At least give the fans something to get excited about.

meanwhile the scum are dealing with decent players like Nketiah it’s just depressing 

oh, and both of these for 30 MILLION ENGLISH POUNDS just to make it worse 

This season I get excited about negating a points deduction, staying within PSR, nicking a goal and closing out a game. The rest is a bonus, as is just waking up in the morning. I'm old.

In reference to the chat about Cannon, he's shown he can be a good finisher but that's about it. He doesn't do a great deal else and we can't really afford to carry a player like that, especially one who - despite being a talented goalscorer - isn't particularly prolific.

Ayew, to be fair to him, isn't prolific at all but he's a facilitator. It's his hard work that has allowed others to shine, namely Zaha, Olise and Eze.

Yes he's 33 and not a particularly inspiring signing but could be a decent signing for the squad and free up Buonanotte, Fatawu, Mavididi and Vardy to do their thing.

I'm not thrilled by the fee but if he can help the team and give us that bit of guile, resilience and experience then it could be an inspired signing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Micky said:

As much as you all don't not want to hear it, Ayew will be ideal in our team. He's horrible to play against, runs forever, wins free kicks, holds the ball up and gains yards. We could go out and buy some maverick who can do all the tricks but that's not what we need right now. 

Bump!

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Let's just go and get another Parson Daka from oversees. This is clever recruitment. 

Daka's been fairly poor but you do realise he has a far better goals and assists record in the PL than Ayew in minutes/games played? 

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

I am looking forward to the game where we start with DeCordova Reid, Vardy and Ayew

New record for oldest attack on the pitch? 100 years old

That is funny, but probably a faster front line  than Mavididi, Cannon and Fatawu

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka's been fairly poor but you do realise he has a far better goals and assists record in the PL than Ayew in minutes/games played? 

So you'd sooner Daka than Ayew up front for us? Daka is massively out of his depth in the premier league and offers nothing to a team that is going to have to fight and scrap for points. He can't hold the ball up, does not win back possession. He's a dud. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

So you'd sooner Daka than Ayew up front for us? Daka is massively out of his depth in the premier league and offers nothing to a team that is going to have to fight and scrap for points. He can't hold the ball up, does not win back possession. He's a dud. 

Have to agree here - daka has been absolutely pathetic - horrible in the championship as well - no way on earth he is a premier league striker for any team - utter tosh - and ayew is not a centre forward - he is left or right which completely negates the stats anyway 

Just now, Micky said:

I'm extremely confused because it would be Premier League suicide to play Jordan Ayew as a striker. If you do so you sacrifice any notion of scoring goals. It's why he was moved our wide many years ago. Even then you need to ensure there's a steady ability to score goals elsewhere because that's not his game. As you say he is good at winning free kicks and being difficult to get the ball off. 

My issue with thst role though is where does he fit in? We've signed Reid to be the experienced steady right or left winger.

We need a striker who scores goals. We also need another attacking midfielder and I thought that would be a player that's comfortable playing off the left like Bounonanotte is off the right and then we're covered either side in the attacking midfield, inverted winger system. 

He just doesn't really fit in here and certainly not on a 3 year deal at the fee being quoted. It's rhe closest I've come to crying in quite some time and I've had a pretty torrid year all things considered.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

Have to agree here - daka has been absolutely pathetic - horrible in the championship as well - no way on earth he is a premier league striker for any team - utter tosh - and ayew is not a centre forward - he is left or right which completely negates the stats anyway 

See my post below. He was hideous as a striker too and got moved out wide.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think Daka is a great point of comparison for Ayew, as when a ball is knocked up to Daka he usually loses it without any ground gained, but I would be far more comfortable that Ayew would win a foul, and gain us some ground.

edit: but he isn’t a striking reinforcement just a generic attacking one. The striking one still has to come.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1