Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

See my post below. He was hideous as a striker too and got moved out wide.

So we agree he isn’t a striker anymore - he is a wide player - thus the daka comparison makes no sense - and as a 4th wide man he is more than adequate for us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I actually think Daka is a great point of comparison for Ayew, as when a ball is knocked up to Daka he usually loses it without any ground gained, but I would be far more comfortable that Ayew would win a foul, and gain us some ground.

edit: but he isn’t a striking reinforcement just a generic attacking one. The striking one still has to come.

As long as this is actually the case

I wouldn't put it past them for this to be it...

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

I remain on the top step of the stupidly optimistic tree, so I will retain this hope. :scarf:

Just now, moore_94 said:

And if so we would all be in agreement it would be a honking decision- ayew is only ok if we have a striker and number 10 coming as well - and a left back obviously 

• Like 1

This type of signing is so unimaginative it almost highlights how poorly we’ve been run as a club for all to see.

Whittaker, Rowe, Asprilla - whoever but a young, hungry player in the Championship (means not worrying about them being homesick etc) with a higher ceiling than a 33 year old Ayew surely isn’t asking for too much.

We already have Vardy, Reid, Vesty, Ricky P, Ndidi, Winks (probably more too) with years of PL experience so cannot get on board with our sudden need for PL experience.

• Like 2

Cooper said he was trying to bring several players in. Calm down everyone. 

Could be a good squad player. 5 subs and all that. Yes it's not the most sexy signing but it's going to be a long season, we need some prem experience.

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I actually think Daka is a great point of comparison for Ayew, as when a ball is knocked up to Daka he usually loses it without any ground gained, but I would be far more comfortable that Ayew would win a foul, and gain us some ground.

edit: but he isn’t a striking reinforcement just a generic attacking one. The striking one still has to come.

Which isn't that much use to us as free kicks and corners are like goal kicks for the opposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloria said:

Cool. I got him on the other cheek to Slimani ... what can go wrong? 

(not saying which cheek)

Okoli in the middle?

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

He hasn't specifically said anything there though has he? The only direct quote is "really close" and having not seen the question, which someone had said on a previous post was pretty ambiguous and was 2 questions in one, we can't say exactly what he meant. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Really starting to get sick of people claiming shite like Jordan Ayew would be better for us than Patson Daka. Stats don’t lie, Daka is involved in more goal contributions than Ayew.

Ayew is ****ing pony. 

It's just settling and I as a fan wouldn't settle. Who does he replace, Reid? Because if he replaces Vardy or Fatawa or even the Argentine, it makes us weaker.

If we're paying 6m plus extras, I'd rather pay that and a little more on Zaha for a year.

It's a joke, I don't rate Daka all to much but he's miles better than this guy. No doubt it'll be 3 years as well.

And what about Cannon, there's a decent no nonsense player in there who doesn't piss about with the ball and actually tries to score.

• Like 2

What the f**k!!!!!!!!

I seriously doubt even Babylon will defend this decision and the DoF cannot wriggle out of this disaster.  Rudkin go now.

Also, the Recruitment Team need to clear their desks and take their Rizla papers with them.  

This makes the signing of Junior Lewis a master stroke.

7 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

Oh I'm sure he will. In Rudders he trusts.

I don’t know if this is all Rudders.

Lets face it, if everyone at the club wanted to do this transfer, it would have been a very easy one to do.

We bid £4 million - so going to £6 is hardly a stretch - and you’d assume player terms would be easy to agree after that - so why hasn’t it been done yet given how long we’ be been linked to him after? 

Might there be an ongoing attempt to stall this deal - a bit like what happened with Sensi last January?