Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

10 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I don’t know if this is all Rudders.

Lets face it, if everyone at the club wanted to do this transfer, it would have been a very easy one to do.

We bid £4 million - so going to £6 is hardly a stretch - and you’d assume player terms would be easy to agree after that - so why hasn’t it been done yet given how long we’ be been linked to him after? 

Might there be an ongoing attempt to stall this deal - a bit like what happened with Sensi last January? 

I hope you are correct. 6m is abhorrent.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think he'll prove to be a decent signing for us.

The shirt sales will be amazing.

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

Not trying to be that annoying person, but isn’t he well thought of by Palace fans?

6m isn’t that much if we stay up. Will be worth every penny..

He is. They were a fan of his work rate, work ethic and contributions to their tactic even if he wasn't bagging goals. 

My worry is that we're spending that amount on a guy supposedly nearing the end of his career. God knows what wages we'll offer him. It's expensive, and seems very naive. 

From the palace forum:

He's worth a lot to us. He holds the ball well, draws fouls at an astonishing rate, plays excellent defense, and seldom makes a selfish play. His only weakness is finishing, but we don't need that as desperately as we used to. 

He should be an automatic sub if we have a lead with 15 minutes remaining.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

we can't be playing him as a lone striker if he doesn't score goals, or are we?

I wouldn't of thought so mate. Palace fans have said, he's a RHS attacker, for the last few seasons. This is where he's producing the numbers.

He'll be coming on for the last ten minutes, in games where we need to pump the ball to the corners, for him to hold it there and draw the fouls, or just to replace the tired legs of Fatawu, after spending most of the game defending flying premier league left backs.

Just to put it into context... £6m plus 30k a week for 2 years (I think he'd be on more than that with probably a longer contract knowing us) is over £9m without taking into consideration signing on and agent fees. 

That's more than were going to spend on Zaha for a year...

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I wouldn't of thought so mate. Palace fans have said, he's a RHS attacker, for the last few seasons. This is where he's producing the numbers.

He'll be coming on for the last ten minutes, in games where we need to pump the ball to the corners, for him to hold it there and draw the fouls, or just to replace the tired legs of Fatawu, after spending most of the game defending flying premier league left backs.

He won't be coming here to be a squad player, that's what fans sticking up for this deal need to understand. 

Just now, Scotch said:

Just to put it into context... £6m plus 30k a week for 2 years (I think he'd be on more than that with probably a longer contract knowing us) is over £9m without taking into consideration signing on and agent fees. 

That's more than were going to spend on Zaha for a year...

Not a chance he's coming here for 30 bag a week 😂😂😂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance he's coming here for 30 bag a week 😂😂😂

I 100% agree. I just thought I'd be ridiculously conservative to remove any potential argument about how it was a better deal. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

Not trying to be that annoying person, but isn’t he well thought of by Palace fans?

6m isn’t that much if we stay up. Will be worth every penny..

This justification of spending a pile of money on poor players because it may earn us £100mil in Prem money does not make sense to me. Sunderland did the same and it left them with a team of deadwood they couldn't shift and ended up crashing into league one. Unsurprisingly we are more likely to stay up if we spend our money on good players.

The only reason you are trying to justify it is that these transfers are being made by the club you support. If it was Norwich who signed Okoli, Skipp, Cordova Reid and Ayew for £40mil we would all be wondering what on earth they were doing. We would all be saying they would be going straight back down and would be questioning how they are going to shift all these players when they do so. The only reason we cannot admit that we are making some major mistakes in the transfer market is because we don't want a core part of our lives to be a source of negativity, whereas with another club we can brush it off as another team doing awful business who won't be a threat.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

you would have thought the same about Cordova Reid starting over Mavididi as well.

Actually think that will drive Mavididi to new heights, looked really hungry when he came on.

Competition for places is always a good thing.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

you would have thought the same about Cordova Reid starting over Mavididi as well.

I think Cooper will have recognised that Fatawu tracks back much better than Mavididi.

Mavididi needs to work on this part of his game if he wants to keep BDCR at bay. Porro is a particularly difficult opponent, as well. 

20 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

From the palace forum:

He's worth a lot to us. He holds the ball well, draws fouls at an astonishing rate, plays excellent defense, and seldom makes a selfish play. His only weakness is finishing, but we don't need that as desperately as we used to. 

He should be an automatic sub if we have a lead with 15 minutes remaining.

Surprising 

IMG_5263.thumb.jpeg.506c6bd9fcc456180679ab247a5c19ff.jpeg

Any of the our new players good at set pieces?

• Thanks 1