Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think Cooper will have recognised that Fatawu tracks back much better than Mavididi.

Mavididi needs to work on this part of his game if he wants to keep BDCR at bay. Porro is a particularly difficult opponent, as well. 

Fatawu shouldnt be the barometer for wingers who track back. He is as good defensively as any winger I have seen honestly.

Mavididi does actually put in a decent shift defensively, I'm not sure where the idea that he doesnt comes from. I am also not sure that Cordova Reid is any better at tracking back than Mavididi, he certainly didnt help much defensively against Spurs.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Actually think that will drive Mavididi to new heights, looked really hungry when he came on.

Competition for places is always a good thing.

It's not proper competition though because Reid doesnt have a serious claim to the spot outside of the Prem proven tag. Mavididi is clearly the better player and should be starting on merit.

I would understand if we had brought in a good player to compete for the spot but Reid was our worst performer by a margin on Monday. Unless Reid improves significantly from pre season and the Spurs game then even if Mavididi is hungrier in the 10 minutes he comes on/the occasional start we are still worse off as a team because we have to put up with Reid who is worse than a less hungry Mavididi.

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's not proper competition though because Reid doesnt have a serious claim to the spot outside of the Prem proven tag. Mavididi is clearly the better player and should be starting on merit.

I would understand if we had brought in a good player to compete for the spot but Reid was our worst performer by a margin on Monday. Unless Reid improves significantly from pre season and the Spurs game then even if Mavididi is hungrier in the 10 minutes he comes on/the occasional start we are still worse off as a team because we have to put up with Reid who is worse than a less hungry Mavididi.

Worse than Soumare? Give your head a wobble mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He is. They were a fan of his work rate, work ethic and contributions to their tactic even if he wasn't bagging goals. 

My worry is that we're spending that amount on a guy supposedly nearing the end of his career. God knows what wages we'll offer him. It's expensive, and seems very naive. 

let’s be honest, we only need him for 1 season to steady the ship and stay up.  We’ll then go for that attacker we want this season but might not want to come. Then, when Vardy retires, he can take the mantle of the experienced attacking player to guide the younger ones..

Edited by MPH

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I forgot Soumare but you're right he was worse than Reid. The gap between Reid and the next worst performer was quite big though.

Reid was involved in a lot of our positive play.

He combined in that lovely move and was in the box and attracted defenders for our goal.

I thought the whole team played well in the second half TBH and Reid was in on those few big moves (granted I watched it on the TV so didn't see the bigger picture). I would argue second half wilf may have been the worse? But it's hard to pick for me, wilf made that clearance in the first half which was pivotal.

13 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Reid was involved in a lot of our positive play.

He combined in that lovely move and was in the box and attracted defenders for our goal.

That backwards flick was one of few good things he did.

He just gets tackled too easily for me and his passing is sloppy.

He has a lot of the same flaws as Mcateer has in his game but if we didnt know their age I would have guessed Cordova Reid was young and inexperienced and Mcateer was the Prem proven one based on their performances in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

That backwards flick was one of few good things he did.

He just gets tackled too easily for me and his passing is sloppy.

He has a lot of the same flaws as Mcateer has in his game but if we didnt know their age I would have guessed Cordova Reid was young and inexperienced and Mcateer was the Prem proven one based on their performances in the game. 

Those comments are surely based on the first half - where every player on the pitch should get a ‘pass’.

They were too deep to be in anyway effective with the ball, playing right into Spurs attacking and full press game.

6 hours ago, MPH said:

Not trying to be that annoying person, but isn’t he well thought of by Palace fans?

6m isn’t that much if we stay up. Will be worth every penny..

Albrighton is well thought of by us but doesn’t mean you’d be signing him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think it's harsh to judge just yet.

We will see.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

let’s be honest, we only need him for 1 season to steady the ship and stay up.  We’ll then go for that attacker we want this season but might not want to come. Then, when Vardy retires, he can take the mantle of the experienced attacking player to guide the younger ones..

Not sure I want a striker who has scored 30 goals in over 200 PL games "guiding" our younger attacking players. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Fatawu shouldnt be the barometer for wingers who track back. He is as good defensively as any winger I have seen honestly.

Mavididi does actually put in a decent shift defensively, I'm not sure where the idea that he doesnt comes from. I am also not sure that Cordova Reid is any better at tracking back than Mavididi, he certainly didnt help much defensively against Spurs.

I thought Reid struggled to look like a winger at times. In that first half, he looked like a player that had one the raffle to play with the first team! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He won't be coming here to be a squad player, that's what fans sticking up for this deal need to understand. 

Obviously he'll be a squad player.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance he's coming here for 30 bag a week 😂😂😂

30k a week is good pay rise for him. The worry is the contract length we'll offer.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

We have more than enough Premier League experience in this team - we need some younger players not more journeymen.

Reid, Skipp, Winks, Ndidi, Ricardo, Justin, Vestergaard, Coady, Vardy, Hamza have all played loads at this level.

If this is a 3 year deal i give up.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Obviously he'll be a squad player.

30k a week is good pay rise for him. The worry is the contract length we'll offer.

You really think he's on less than £30k a week at Crystal Palace? Not a chance. They pay very well and he's been there a good while so he'll have received a few pay rises. 

• Like 1

Just seen this statistic. I may be confused but I thought the date was 22.08.2024?  If this is the basis of this signing, our analytics guru needs to find a new job in the Home Office sorting out immigration.

Able to player either wide or as a striker, Leicester could benefit greatly from Ayew’s incredible work rate; with nothing highlighting this better than the fact he has the most tackles from a striker in a Premier League season with 58 in 2017/18 according to Stat Muse.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You really think he's on less than £30k a week at Crystal Palace? Not a chance. They pay very well and he's been there a good while so he'll have received a few pay rises. 

Double it 

I saw an article on Chelsea where it stated that the average PL wage is £72k

Of course the rich six pay lots of their players way more than that but there are 14 other clubs to bring that average down.   Reckon the average in the other 14 is around 55/60k. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

I'm not against having him as an option, as we are in a scrap and he'll suit that, but any permanent transfer comes at a cost. If it was a free or a season long loan then I'd be up for it, but £6M+ and potentially a 3 year contract is not good value.

We need to use this opportunity to sign some players that have the potential to either stay with us for a number of years or be sold on for profit. So far this summer we haven't really signed anyone in that category and I worry that if we go down we'll struggle to generate a lot of money from sales, as we all know how incredibly bad the club is at shifting players out of the door.

This summer feels so much like the season we went up with Micky Adams. We had no money then, but rather than being creative with our transfer business, we just signed a load of older players who had good Premier League experience. Hignett, Ferdinand, Howey, Scimeca, Dabizas, Freund, Guppy, Gillespie etc. It didn't work and most of them left once we went down, leaving us with another rebuild job.

I want us to sign some players that, if we do go down, you would expect to stay and you would expect to carry on their development in the Championship. KDH was the perfect example of this last season. I'm not sure we'd have been able to cash in one him had we not been relegated.

• Like 2