Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

41 minutes ago, Bazly said:

And the recruitment of the likes of Bertrand in 2021 was like picking nuggets off the ground. Recruitment hasn't grabbed a decent appreciating talent since wantaway Fofana, it’s all gone a bit to shit for a good number of years now. Basically, since the Chairman passed on.

I wouldn’t say it’s all been bad. Fatawu? Hermansen? I would say they were talents?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Classic FT this.

Complete nothing link and suddenly we're going straight back down having never scored a goal.

Probably drop straight through aswell to be fair 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Ayew is surely an alternative to Reid, rather than a player to sign in addition to him. It's very sad to think that within 4 years of challenging for CL qualification 2 seasons running, we're now reduced to picking up scraps from the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace. Might as well sign Andros Townsend as well. 

Don't give em ideas 

2 hours ago, Iran said:

If he aligns with Steve Cooper's philosophy, then what's the problem?

If he aligns with steve cooper philosophy then the problem is the philosophy.

2 hours ago, jv1 said:

He clearly isn’t a bad player - played loads for palace and I always think he looks relatively decent  - don’t mind the incoming abuse but I think for a small fee he would be a very decent squad player 

is he more prem proven than mavididi- yes

than Fatawu yes 

than mcateer yes 

than daka yes 

than cannon yes 

if Fatawu and mav are first choice wingers then reid and ayew are pretty decent back up in my view 

we need to stop quoting champions league and prem winners - we were a slightly better than average championship side last year - that’s where we are at - right there - we need cover and experience if we are going to stand a chance - 2 year deal - relatively low wages - all ok by me 

He's more proven in th PL than all of them. Yes. Is he as good as them? No, I don't think he is. Thats why I specifically highlighted quality. Jordan Ayew was a mid to low level PL player in his prime which is behind him. Signing him for a few years and paying him PL wages as he gets further and further from that prime makes no sense. 

If PL experience is so important, should we play Ward over Mads? 

It is very scary indeed that this thread is still open.  If there is any truth in this, the entire recruitment Team needs replacing with Ric Flair coming in as the new head.

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If he aligns with steve cooper philosophy then the problem is the philosophy.

He's more proven in th PL than all of them. Yes. Is he as good as them? No, I don't think he is. Thats why I specifically highlighted quality. Jordan Ayew was a mid to low level PL player in his prime which is behind him. Signing him for a few years and paying him PL wages as he gets further and further from that prime makes no sense. 

If PL experience is so important, should we play Ward over Mads? 

He has been better last 2 years than previous

also in regards to quality he is probably still a better player than both of them 

and no nobody should be plying ward anywhere 😂

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

With all due respect her two up front are much better than ours.

Yeah but they've had more surgery than Darren Anderton and Jack Wilshere combined. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Iran said:

I understand he's not an exciting player, but I see the logic in this transfer given the club's situation and I can see Steve Cooper's vision in pushing for this transfer. But to answer your question, I can imagine Cooper playing him on the wings (even if he doesn't start many games).

Brother, you can go to any stat aggregator of your choosing (your SofaScores, WhoScoreds, FotMobs, etc...) and see clear daylight in differences between Ayew and Daka in performances in the Premier League.

Surely that's what we've signed Reid for.

I think we need a striker who's capable of holding the ball up and scoring more than 4 goals a season and we need at least 2 creative midfielders. After that another option out wide would be handy but it would not be Jordan Ayew.

46 minutes ago, jv1 said:

He has been better last 2 years than previous

also in regards to quality he is probably still a better player than both of them 

and no nobody should be plying ward anywhere 😂

62 goals OR assists in almost 20 THOUSAND PL minutes hardly screams quality. Especially from a players who's best days are behind him. 

• Like 1