Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hard to say on Glover vs the manager really.

Fattawu, Mavidi and Hermansen are good spots but there's a real divergence in strategy elsewhere.

I know nothing about the internal workings of the club, but logic dictates the chief scout looks at a suite of players based on the DoF/managers strategy rather than being responsible for the overarching recruitment strategy itself.  Input yes, but should a chief scout really be dictating transfer policy?

I may be wrong on that and I appreciate the club may not currently be acting logically either.  

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure this is fair. 

We appear to have scouted and had considerable interest in Ramon Sosa, Mathias Soulé, Richard Rios, Fotis Ioannidis, Adam Hlozek, Mandela Keita, Florentino Luis et all. 

Not to mention Abdul Fatawu, Stephy Mavididi and Mads Hermansen. 

It's not on Glover if either Rudkin can't do a deal or we suddenly get a new manager that doesn't want all the players he's been working on for a year because we don't have a director of football and the club are letting the head coaches have far too much of a say on the development of the squad. 

That is a fair defence. A breakdown in strategy elsewhere means the influence which Macia or Walsh had is lacking. 

I dont know if true but If coopers time at forest proved that when they signed 30 odd players regardless of talent it was the premier league experienced players that were key to survival then im happy (if it makes us survive that is)

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure this is fair. 

We appear to have scouted and had considerable interest in Ramon Sosa, Mathias Soulé, Richard Rios, Fotis Ioannidis, Adam Hlozek, Mandela Keita, Florentino Luis et all. 

Not to mention Abdul Fatawu, Stephy Mavididi and Mads Hermansen. 

It's not on Glover if either Rudkin can't do a deal or we suddenly get a new manager that doesn't want all the players he's been working on for a year because we don't have a director of football and the club are letting the head coaches have far too much of a say on the development of the squad. 

and some we had on the "King Power" books at OHL and they let him go, complete morons in every single respect

1 hour ago, Richard said:

32 and 1 year left on his contract, we can't be paying £5m

It’s possible (unlikely) that we’ve offered him a salary of 35k and he’s currently on 60k 

so we’re paying palace 1.25m extra on the fee for them to pay him his missing salary for the year left on his contract 

Genuinely a signing I really don't want to happen. Yes he has experience and all that, but he offers literally nothing else. He's not a goalscorer. I know he can hold up the ball etc but we need competition for goals up top, not see out a 0-0 from kick off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Maybe you should put yourself forward for Rudders job as your 'opinion'  is always so right ! 

TBF - Ric would do a much better job.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

TBF - Ric would do a much better job.

I really don't get this, some people's words need to be hung on or their word is gospel and always right! 

Whoever comments it's just 'their opinion' mate, nothing more nothing less! 

Love the craics, different  opinions and debate, personally I don't get some of the pedestal mentality.

• Like 2

IMG_9715.png

Gathering pace….its happening and it’s heartbreaking! 3 year contract incoming and you just know it will be a pay rise and 6

mill plus 😂😂😂

Edited by DezFox

10 minutes ago, DezFox said:

IMG_9715.png

Gathering pace….its happening and it’s heartbreaking! 3 year contract incoming and you just know it will be a pay rise and 6

mill plus 😂😂😂

Having said this, if it’s less a than 6 mill and 2 year deal only on low wages I’m ok with it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I don't mind Ayew, he's a nuisance.  He'd be an okay squad option.  

But £6m for a nearly 33 year old player with one year left on his contract?

More than the initial fee Brighton played for Facundo.

That would be foul and abusive.  

Agree with this, 6m is genuinely embarrassing and it’s become our trademark. 

• Like 3

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Palace going to make 3.5m profit on a 33 year whose served for around 6 years....and now can get looked after at Leicester retirement club 

Who was the last fringe player we will sold for actual money? 

• Sad 1