Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/exclusive-leicester-city-agree-deal-to-sign-crystal-palace-forward/

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Crystal Palace forward Jordan Ayew.

The South London Press understands the Foxes are set to pay a £8million fee to sign the 32-year-old.

Ayew has made 212 appearances for the Eagles, scoring 23 times and picking up 22 assists in all competitions.

The Ghanaian international joined initially on loan in August 2018 and made the move permanent in July 2019.

Ayew started on the bench in the 2-1 defeat at Brentford on Sunday, coming on for the final 20 minutes to replace Daichi Kamada.

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

And so who does he get minutes over? Sure we can have him bring others into the game, but what good is that when it means benching Fatawu or Mavididi

Remind me again which Leicester RW had more big chances created per 90 than even Salah

You’ll be sorely mistaken if you think Mav and Fatawu can play every game. He can also cover at number 10 or 9. 

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

We don’t actually have many at the club who can play his role. He’s not going to be a goal scorer like Vardy, he’s going to be setting people up. 

Hopefully he improves with the setting people up bit because he has so far averaged 1 assist every 11 games in the Prem

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

When the PSR beast comes after us again, I don’t think we could have a bigger indicator why. I don’t care if it’s Rudkin or the recruitment team, we’ve overpaid on three players this summer and we question why there’s constant noise of a second points deduction 

Over £40m on Skipp, Okoli, and potentially Ayew

Disgusting

• Like 3

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Those reactions tell you everything you need to know about this.

Tbf it’s a fair number of them wishing him well and saying he’ll prove our fans wrong… seems popular there 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

We don’t actually have many at the club who can play his role. He’s not going to be a goal scorer like Vardy, he’s going to be setting people up. 

i wouldnt even say hes better than say Mav etc, hes got 11 goals and assist last season, 8mil we could put towards a forward

us spending 8mil on a 32yr old(33 this year) is plain moronic 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

You’ll be sorely mistaken if you think Mav and Fatawu can play every game. He can also cover at number 10 or 9. 

That’s where Reid, McAteer, Buoanotte, Alves all in come in. 

I’ve always believed that when you sign a player it should always be an improvement on what’s existing 

• Like 4

That's a ****ing disgrace. 8 million. How could we be so stupid. He's a 32 year old journeyman. We need our ****ing heads looking at if we do this deal. There's some great deals to be had and we're doing this. It's insanity.