Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

That’s where Reid, McAteer, Buoanotte, Alves all in come in. 

I’ve always believed that when you sign a player it should always be an improvement on what’s existing 

pretty spot on for me, if you look at the players we already have, is he remotely better than them in any aspect of the game?
I'd say no

if the fee was 2/3mil yeah maybe i could understand a lil more but 8mil, thats just stupid money

So *checks notes* Edmund Brack of some obscure online newsletter targeting London clubs generally, is now a better source than Percy? Percy says £4m this bloke we have never heard of says £8m, and we are trusting the latter? 

Im gonna go ahead and assume he is wrong and farming clicks. 

I’ve already posted four times on this but worth mentioning the perception it gives off as well when you are in talks for other players. Every club we are discussing signings with now will know they can get a few more pounds out of us . Especially when it didn’t look like we had much at all

• Like 3

I fail to believe we wouldn't be able to find a good young player for £15-20m (so no difference in terms of PSR) who can offer the same pressing / defensive forward qualities as Ayew

If this is entirely down to the premier league experience requirement... ffs

• Like 4

Not sure how accurate that tweet is as it seems a crazy fee. Think this only makes sense in a world where the fee is smaller, particularly as you don't want him on a long contract which means the amortisation will be high.

21 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

11 goals in 138 prem apps, 

this ****ing club

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

palace apps, sorry 

he was shit at villa too

Still wrong :D

Palace PL apps 195, 22 goals

Let's hope this Palace fan (on their board since 2014) is right:

If Palace were in a premier league relegation fight I can’t think of many players I’d rather have in the team than Jordan Ayew. He’s one of the best servants the club has had and he’ll be worth every penny to Leicester.

I

• Like 1

I thought it would be a decent signing if it was for a reasonable fee, it meant Cannon going on loan and it was in addition to, not instead of, a goalscorer and creative player. £8m would put paid to that first one straight away.