Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Just now, Tazfox said:

People taking the 8mill value as gospel from some random on twitter is fun. Also where's this talk of a 3 year deal come from?

A player who has vast PL experience and is versatile. Not a bad signing at all

Just now, Micky said:

Do you honestly think the reported fee is true?

It probably isn't far off. Even if they're out by half a million, or even a million, it's quite a lot! 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Likely the £6m + add ons that Nixon mentioned then (who seems to have actually been quite ITK with this deal) BUT it is still bad business at that value

Or the £4m Percy reported a few days ago… 

• Haha 1

From the sounds of it I’m guessing just over £4m up front, £2m in add ons that are very achievable and another £2m in less achievable ones, would make sense with the 4/6/8 fees reported by different journos

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

It’s embarrassing that you think a £6-8 million fee plus £40-60k wages on Ayew is remotely good business. 

Especially for a team that's going to be deducted points for PSR breaches. 

I have no problem with some of his attributes, presses well, good defensive work, master at winning free kicks. 

Elements of this deal though are infuriating and confusing. We have had some shit transfer windows in recent seasons, but from a negotiation and transfer fee perspective, I think this transfer window is the worst of the lot. 

Who in the right mind pays £8 million on a guy who turns 33 next month, it’s madness. Bobby Reid I didn’t mind as much because he was a free transfer, but Ayew is of similar profile, why on earth do we basically need two Bobby Reid’s, baffling. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Words fail me. Truly depressing. Back to thinking that Cooper is clueless. If he puts this loser straight into the first XI over the likes of Abdul and Mav, I am done, like @Ric Flair. Probably one of the most depressing signings that I can remember in a long time. Just awful. 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Words fail me. Truly depressing. Back to thinking that Cooper is clueless. If he puts this loser straight into the first XI over the likes of Abdul and Mav, I am done, like @Ric Flair. Probably one of the most depressing signings that I can remember in a long time. Just awful. 

I do not believe he agrees the package?