Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Sign of the times, 

Not a chance you couldn't find what he offers in the form of a free transfer, and spend the money better elsewhere.

Those in positions of power at the club have got a real problem on their hands, if this is the sort of thing that presents itself as a good idea to them.

Just now, ozvaldo said:

Surely he'll only come on with 20mins to go, work like a dog, press from the front and win us some free kicks to kill the clock when we're desperate?  
He can't start.  

I reckon cooper will start him more than we'd hope, could be wrong tho! 

10 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Does this put him in top 10 most expensive prem 32+ of all time! Hahahahha

He’s the 14th most expensive over 30 attacker in premier league history :)

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Does this make it any better… probably not.

We've heard "hopeful" before. 

Nobody else is signing, it's just the party line Percy has been asked to tag on to placate us. 

This is it. This is our summer right here. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Sad 1

He will do just fine to help keep us in the league this year- solid premier league player for 5m quid - come on gents thats absolute peanuts at this level - we want more than that for Soumare and would probably want more than that for Hamza and maybe even Luke Thomas and they are not even good championship players- I do not mind being the odd one out at all when I say I think he is a decent signing to now give us 4 wide options- we 100% still need a forward , a creative player and a left back

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

£8m if he was 5 years younger would still have been crap with his record. He's a forward; plays either up top or out wide so 4 goals a season is absolutely woeful regardless of his other attributes. Even if he was at 7/8 then you could see the benefit but he can't even muster that.

Truly dreadful business

• Like 2

He started 30 PL games for palace, I mean he improves the squad for sure…. He’s not gonna add many goals but at least he adds experience.

i can stomach £5m just not the £8m 

defo not a 3 year deal please 😂😂

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody else is signing, it's just the part line Percy has been asked to tag on to placate us. 

Imo if we sign any more forwards it'll be Datro Fofana on loan & we will still only have Vardy as a goalscorer

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Nobody else is signing, it's just the part line Percy has been asked to tag on to placate us. 

I was mainly referring to the fee breakdown on this deal.

The two others in question are probably David Fofana and Nelson.

Just now, jonny_wright said:

He started 30 PL games for palace, I mean he improves the squad for sure…. He’s not gonna add many goals but at least he adds experience.

i can stomach £5m just not the £8m 

defo not a 3 year deal please 😂😂

Assume the £3mill difference is an addon for survival.

In which case we're all hoping this is an £8mill deal!

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

It’s embarrassing that you think a £6-8 million fee plus £40-60k wages on Ayew is remotely good business. 

I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a success but there are so many of you on here that write players off before they have even set foot on the pitch. That in itself is both short sited and embarrassing.

I assume you all have extensive expertise in professional football?

Just now, jv1 said:

He will do just fine to help keep us in the league this year- solid premier league player for 5m quid - come on gents thats absolute peanuts at this level - we want more than that for Soumare and would probably want more than that for Hamza and maybe even Luke Thomas and they are not even good championship players- I do not mind being the odd one out at all when I say I think he is a decent signing to now give us 4 wide options- we 100% still need a forward , a creative player and a left back

'solid'. He's a forward who has a goalscoring/assist record of a holding midfielder. He's not an Albrighton who played as a more old school winger, with great delivery and work rate. Nor is he a big lump that we can pump the ball up to, in order to relieve some pressure. You cannot defend his record. It's an utter waste of a signing and squad place, one that also limits the chances for younger players.

And this narrative about it being a good signing if he keeps us up. Jordan bloody Ayew is never going to keep you up. If we stay up, it certainly won't be because we pissed away £8m on him

• Like 2